PDA

View Full Version : Mini Warranty

birdog
13th August 2009, 12:02 PM
Howdy

My warranty period is about to run out, I got a letter through offering an extension to the warranty.

Worth it ????

Ta

Livi
13th August 2009, 12:53 PM
Personally i would say yes, as you never know what can happen!

its a 50/50 chance if you need to use it or not, but then atleast you know your covered if something was to happen :thumbs up:

dezzyS
13th August 2009, 12:57 PM
Also worth looking at AA parts & labour cover too instead of the extended warranty, especially if you're already with the AA.

euan
13th August 2009, 12:58 PM
Depends what the cost is and your attitude to risk.

I do a fair mileage and got a decent enough quote on my 3 series, so took it as it gives me peace of mind. Never needed it so far. I know Gismo didn't take it on his M3 as they wanted something obscene for it! You really just need to decide if your happy with the quote and the risk.

KenL
13th August 2009, 01:10 PM
Do these warranties cover things like clutches?

Ally S
13th August 2009, 01:10 PM
Also worth looking at AA parts & labour cover too instead of the extended warranty, especially if you're already with the AA.

The AA cover isn't quite the same. It only applies if you break down and the fault is what caused you to break down. I imagine that would rule out most manufacturer warranty claims. Its not expensive though.

There's an ad on the back cover of MM - Warranty Direct I think it is. Might be worth a try.

Livi
13th August 2009, 01:15 PM
Do these warranties cover things like clutches?

Depends, if its a fault then yes, other than that, its classed as a wear and tear item.

KenL
13th August 2009, 03:10 PM
Depends, if its a fault then yes, other than that, its classed as a wear and tear item.

Hmm, there in lies the problem.

Could be very difficult to get a warranty claim done as the company may not want to pay out.

GCA3N
13th August 2009, 07:23 PM
Its a BMW mini, extended Warranty absolute YES!!!!

badwolf340
13th August 2009, 07:53 PM
Its a BMW mini, extended Warranty absolute YES!!!!

Think Greig is correct.If you plan to keep car for warranty period ,well worth getting.:computer: