PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Dealer - now that is what I call good service!

KenL
12th August 2009, 10:23 PM
Our Aygo is 3 years old on Sep 1.

The dealer called me the other day to remind me that it is due an MOT. They also said they would give the car a thorough check to see if anything needed fixed that could be done under warranty.

I dropped it off today and it passed the MOT. It has to go back though for a new water pump (signs of a very small leak) and for the brake discs to be skimmed to remove some slight corrosion.

I knew the pads would need replaced (they look low and car has done 29 000 miles) so they are to be replaced.

All this is being done under warranty, I only pay for the actual pads, no charge for fitting.

I also get a courtesy car (as I have in the past with no mention of paying a charge or having to arrange my own insurance).

I have read loads of posts on MINI2 of MINI owners having to pay for pads AND discs with ~ 20 000 miles on the car. Funny how MINI do not offer any such help :frown:

No wonder Toyota has a good reputation for customer care :thumbs up:.

Craig
12th August 2009, 10:27 PM
yeah I couldn't agree more Ken. Service given by MINI/Dealers like this is nearly non existant. :argh:

When Jude had her Rav4, just before it was 3, got taken in for an end of warranty check and an MOT. Passed the MOT and also given new discs/pads (Free Fitting) and also 5 new Alloys Wheels free of charge. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

From all my experiences with car companies, Toyota rule for customer service. :yes nod:

KenL
12th August 2009, 10:43 PM
Toyota rule for customer service. :yes nod:

Yes, I would defo buy another Toyota.

Forgot to mention that when the car was about two years old, a bubble of rust appeared at the front edge of the roof.

I took it in to the same dealer, he said it was probably a stone chip that caused it. I said, maybe yes, but a stone chip that left no obvious damage should not rust on a modern car.

He agreed and got the area engineer in to look at it and it was repaired under warranty. This required the windscreen to be removed and the roof resprayed to ensure a good match.

Remember, this is a £7k car!

KenL
12th August 2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I put this in the wrong area. It was related to MINI though ;)

Gismo
12th August 2009, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I put this in the wrong area. It was related to MINI though ;)No it wasn't :hand:

KenL
12th August 2009, 11:14 PM
No it wasn't :hand:

guess I've been rumbled :blush:...................:D

AndyP & Lenore
12th August 2009, 11:38 PM
We had a similar experience with a Merc dealer with our M Class. 20,000 miles in the brakes were scraping something terrible. I booked it in, expecting to be charged for a disc clean up process. All pads and discs replaced under warranty, no questions, no ifs, no buts, just done - same day.

BMW warranty claims are inconsistent at best.

A.

euan
13th August 2009, 09:29 AM
I would disagree with BMW warranty. My 3 series had a slight catch in the clutch, nothing I was overly worried about but it was in anyway and mentioned it. I picked the car up and it had a new clutch fitted. Subsequently, there was a slight judder in the drive - driveshaft was replaced under warranty no questions asked.

Might just be the dealer though, but my dealer have no issue approving claims.

badwolf340
13th August 2009, 08:21 PM
I would disagree with BMW warranty. My 3 series had a slight catch in the clutch, nothing I was overly worried about but it was in anyway and mentioned it. I picked the car up and it had a new clutch fitted. Subsequently, there was a slight judder in the drive - driveshaft was replaced under warranty no questions asked.

Might just be the dealer though, but my dealer have no issue approving claims.

A good point Euan, had so far on the M3 ,new flywheel ,clutch,fuel pump modual,and two new front wheel's ,with no prob's.allthough a good dealer help's.all part's replaced with no hassle ,which today is rare.:D:D

GCA3N
14th August 2009, 06:13 AM
A good point Euan, had so far on the M3 ,new flywheel ,clutch,fuel pump modual,and two new front wheel's ,with no prob's.allthough a good dealer help's.all part's replaced with no hassle ,which today is rare.:D:D

Thing is these things should not be failing, quite sure toyota's dont have even half as much sfuff going wrong. That's what bugs me about BMW, price wise you are paying top dollar, but you don't get the quality i feel for spending that ammount of money.

The Dogfather
14th August 2009, 06:35 AM
Comparing my MINI to my TT the MINI feels decidedly cheap :frown:

euan
14th August 2009, 09:09 AM
Thing is these things should not be failing, quite sure toyota's dont have even half as much sfuff going wrong. That's what bugs me about BMW, price wise you are paying top dollar, but you don't get the quality i feel for spending that ammount of money.

It's not about parts failing though - it's often quicker just to replace a part than do any long term analysis of why it's failing, hence why things get changed.

Ferengo
14th August 2009, 09:53 AM
I agree, it's down to the dealer. I have had issues with a couple of things on my cooper and one dealer refuesd to beleive there was a problem while the other just replaced the parts and fixed the problem. I have an ongoing issue at the moment.

I was looking at buying a cooper S and it was out of the serivce period but the dealer said we can doa deal where you pay up front like you would for a TLC pack and we'll knock 50% of the service charges. Great I though.

But yeah I also had the break pads and discs need replaced at 20,000 miles and it was done even though I said no. Still had to pay but got money off.

May consider a Toyota as a family car in future. hmm Hilux....:rolleyes:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
14th August 2009, 08:53 PM
No wonder Toyota has a good reputation for customer care :thumbs up:.

Did you know that every time a customer fills in the satisfaction survey and ticks excellent service, each member of staff in the dealership gets 3 quid bonus...

Obviously works... :thumbs up:

KenL
14th August 2009, 09:07 PM
Did you know that every time a customer fills in the satisfaction survey and ticks excellent service, each member of staff in the dealership gets 3 quid bonus...

Obviously works... :thumbs up:

Really, perhaps I should ask for halfers :smilewinkgrin:

ny152
16th August 2009, 09:38 AM
A couple of years ago I bought an Aygo from Helensburgh Toyota. Not a very expensive car but the sales experience was great and they even gave us a car twice with no hesitation for extended test drives. Was introduced to the Service Manager and told if I had any problems to call them without hesitation. By the end of it, I'd have glady given them £3 each myself :p

Based on the experience of that dealership alone I would be more than happy to buy another Toyota from them.

Not the same story with the Arnold Clark branches in Glasgow though :moonie:

badwolf340
16th August 2009, 03:15 PM

Having had a lot of car's and dealt with load's of dealer's, I agree with Greig about thing's that should not fail .But as most of us know,thing's do ,and at least with my dealing's with MINI/BMW ,part's have been changed with no trouble.Have had dealer's saying ,can not do this and that ,and make's a difference when they do all they can to get your car fixed.Make's life a bit easier.:yes nod::yes nod:

KenL
21st August 2009, 06:36 PM
The Aygo went in today.

New water pump fitted and the work done on the brakes.

The job sheet says to skim discs as they were corroded. I had a quick look and they really look like new discs fitted.

The pads were replaced and I only had to pay for the parts, fitting was done FOC as they were attending to the discs.

The car has done 29k miles so the pads were pretty low and needing to be replaced. Total cost was £34 :thumbs up:

So thanks Western Toyota for the great service :yes nod: