PDA

View Full Version : Calling all you mobile phone geeks...

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 08:45 AM
I've been offered a Samsung Tocco F480. It's 6 months old and 40 quid......is it any good:confused:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 08:50 AM
No, the UI is poor and reliability isn't great.

There are better 2nd hand phones for the money.

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 09:06 AM
What's UI :confused:
I googled it and it does seem to get mixed reviews:computer:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry, User Interface, its a touchscreen phone but not a very good one

Bumble
11th August 2009, 09:15 AM
i have this phone and like it :)

ianking
11th August 2009, 09:30 AM
I think Sarah has this phone or perhaps the newer version. She loves the phone but I tried to use it and cant get to grips with it.

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 09:36 AM
See:eek: like I said....mixed reports:rolleyes:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 09:36 AM
I should add, I am rather spoilt as I get to see all the cutting edge phones before they go on sale.

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 09:37 AM
I tried to use it and cant get to grips with it.

Jeez:eek: What chance have I got then:blush:

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 09:42 AM
i have this phone and like it :)

How do you find the battery life as that seems to be one of it's main issue from what I read:confused: That and the sound is bad on the music player and the camera isn't very good but as you guys all know I think it's a PHONE not a camera/stereo:argh:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 10:10 AM
Gordy,

From a Tocco user - battery life is around a day with average use. Text messaging is a pain as the on screen keyboard is difficult to use, forget the camera its very blurry unless the light is excellent.

Biggest problem is dropped calls, so if you want a reliable phone you may find this one frustrating

Ferengo
11th August 2009, 10:22 AM
Thinking on getting a touch screen phone? Next you'll be playin COD on the PS3 :p.

Can't speak for that paticular Samsung but I've had many Samsungs (Just got the Jet). I find them nice and easy to use. Spare batteries are easy to pick up on ebay cheap (I always Carry spares just incase). They are restrictive as most of them you can't change the text tone to anything other than what Samsung specify. Customer support at Samsung is top notch :thumbs up:

Basically, go into a shop, say you like that phone, Try it out in there, then leave. If you like it then buy it, if you don't then try something else. Touch screen does take a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it...:D

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 10:32 AM
Thinking on getting a touch screen phone? Next you'll be playin COD on the PS3 :p.

I say:eek: steady on:thud:One thing at a time:rolleyes:
Would you believe that junior has been home for a month, goes back off-shore this Wednesday, and I've not found the time to get on and learn what to do:frown:

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 10:35 AM
Gordy,

From a Tocco user - battery life is around a day with average use. Text messaging is a pain as the on screen keyboard is difficult to use, forget the camera its very blurry unless the light is excellent.

Biggest problem is dropped calls, so if you want a reliable phone you may find this one frustrating

Thanks for that:thumbs up: but what do you mean by dropped calls?? Is that when it just throws you off for no reason??
Probably just stick with the phone I've got....at least I kinda know after 3 years what all the button do:blush:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, the call just ends without any reason.

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 12:08 PM
I thought I read somewhere that was more to do with the battery not holding a good charge for more than a day:confused:

The Dogfather
11th August 2009, 12:20 PM
Nope, its the 3G signal

Maxxed Ross
18th August 2009, 11:27 AM
I
Would you believe that junior has been home for a month, goes back off-shore this Wednesday, and I've not found the time to get on and learn what to do:frown:

It's not even the right version anyway :rolleyes:

It's a touch screen so you'll hate it :p

Big Gordy
18th August 2009, 12:26 PM
So your still alive then:p
its OK I told Scotty I'd have to pass on it:rolleyes: Don't know what I was thinking:eek: must have been a moment of weakness as all I need my phone for is phoning/texting people:Whistle: