PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

Bazthemod
8th August 2009, 11:25 AM
What the hell is the need for wisdom teeth, i would rather be stupid if it means you don't get them! Pain is driving me nuts, anybody have any tips?

Currently on paracetamol every few hours, NHS 24 were useless still waiting on a call back from 2 hours ago! :argh::ragin:

Craig
8th August 2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry Baz, it's the worse thing ever, cos it's in your head.....

I was told to gargle salty water, but it didn't seem to work. Malt whisky might be the way to go tho... :lol:

Bazthemod
8th August 2009, 11:57 AM
Yeh about to try whiskey NHS 24 have eventually called back but are more concerned because i have taken 2 more more paracetamol than i should have in space of 24 hours :rolleyes:

They are saying to try salt water and i have to brush my tooth/gum after everytime i eat. Unless my face swells they dont want to see me lol

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2009, 12:29 PM
Not good news Baz.:sad:

I had all mine removed by a dentist who thought I'd be "better off without them.":frown:

They weren't causing me any problems, no pain or suffering or anything but he felt they would be better out than in. I believed him and went through a week of absolute agony because of that. Worst decision I had ever made allowing them to take them out.:argh:

However, if they are causing pain, better out than in.:frown:

A.

Scottie
8th August 2009, 12:38 PM
clove oil all the way:thumbs up: may taste yuck also take Ibuprofen if your ok with the stuff.

It's so long ago that I had my wisdom teeth:blush: that I've forget the pain.

Had to go in and get all four out think the afters was worse though with my gums healing:blush:

The Dogfather
8th August 2009, 12:46 PM
I still get pain occasionally from them and I'm 37! I find whiskey helps numb the pain, and everything else for that matter.

Crombers
8th August 2009, 01:12 PM
Not good news Baz.:sad:

I had all mine removed by a dentist who thought I'd be "better off without them.":frown:

They weren't causing me any problems, no pain or suffering or anything but he felt they would be better out than in. I believed him and went through a week of absolute agony because of that. Worst decision I had ever made allowing them to take them out.:argh:

However, if they are causing pain, better out than in.:frown:

A.

Ditto :frown: Had one removed by dentist who thought the same.
I reckon he just wanted some practice.
No pain whatsoever before hand but absolute agony for about a week after.
After the op I managed until mid evening until the pain started to kick in. Around midnight some stitches started to come apart & I ended up at the Vicky A&E. Emergeny dentist called out to deal with me as my dentist had left no contact number.
Still have the bottom left tooth but they can feckin sing for it cos it ain't coming out unless it has to. My new dentist has said that they tend to leave wisdow teeth alone now if they are not causing any discomfort. Me & him have what you would call 'an understanding' :yes nod:

Feel for you Barry as toothache as the worst pain imaginable & I've broken a few bits/bones over the years. Karen says 'childbirth' is the worst :yawn: ...................... 'meh' I'm not buying that one, toothache is simply hellish :frown:

Bazthemod
8th August 2009, 02:02 PM
I previously had 4 molars extracted as i have congested jaw. The first dentist i saw was an American trainee who put me on laughing gas ... but 8 freeze injections later i could still feel everything she was doing! :ragin:

Eventually i got knocked out to extract the rest which was much more pleasant! :thumbs up:

Hopefully they wont have to come out as most people say that's even worse :sad:

Livi
8th August 2009, 02:21 PM
i love the dentist!

gimmie all the needles and drills!! :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

unfortunatly, wisdom teeth are a gamble, some peoples are alright for them the others are just a total pain

my top back 2 are fine for me and will be staying

my bottom 2 are currently taking there time coming through but dentist says there fine.

euan
9th August 2009, 06:36 PM
My bottom one was almost going to be coming out but the dentist refused to do and referred me to the dental hospital. She looked at it, x-ray it and said she wasn't going to touch it as the tooth was so close to the nerve and if they touched it I'd possibly lose feeling in my face.

Haven't had any issue now for a loong time.

Try rubbing sensodyne sensitive toothpaste on it, my dentist got me to do that to help ease pain.

Bazthemod
9th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Still no ease in the pain, as soon as the painkillers wear off it is unbearable again :sad: have an emergency appointment 2moz

Craig
9th August 2009, 09:30 PM
Still no ease in the pain, as soon as the painkillers wear off it is unbearable again :sad: have an emergency appointment 2moz

best of luck baz, as I said before, it's the worst pain. :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
11th August 2009, 10:44 PM
The pain has gone! :D:smilewinkgrin::D:smilewinkgrin:

Dentist is happy they will grow in fine, however the other side has yet to rear its ugly head lol :rolleyes:

Happy for now :thumbs up:

Craig
11th August 2009, 10:50 PM
:clap::clap:

AndyP & Lenore
11th August 2009, 11:07 PM
Thats good news Baz.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Ferengo
12th August 2009, 11:09 AM
Good news the pain is gone but here's a few tips I used just incse you have problems with the other side.

1. Bonjella: I know but it puts a coating on and eases the pain somewhat so if you do eat/drink anything the pain will be reduced.

2. Witch hazel: It's meant to reduce swelling

3. Corsodol mouth wash Original: Great for easing mouth ulsers. Works a treat on wisdom teeth. Don't use it for 10 mins before or after you brush and only use twice a day and for no longer than a month at a time.

4. Painkillers: You mentioned using paracetemol but try Ibuprofen as well take paracetemol then take Ibuprofen 2 hours later then paracetemol 2 hours after that and so on...

Good luck with the other side :thumbs up: