PDA

View Full Version : New car ordered..

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 09:54 PM
Went into John Clarks yesterday and ordered a new cooper s from Sean. Really good service so far and can't wait for delivery in mid Sept.

Went for a dark silver colour with black roof/mirror caps, window tints and R108 alloys in matt black, chili pack, anthracite roof and piano black trim.

Really wasn't sure about the newer minis to begin with but they have grown on me! So heres hoping this will turn out as I want it too look and have as much fun driving it as I have with the current cooper :D

Gismo
6th August 2009, 10:07 PM
Nice one, but, never heard of a sales guy called Sean??

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 10:15 PM

Sure he said he was new to me :yes nod:

Bazthemod
6th August 2009, 10:40 PM
Is he not the guy that moved from BMW sales?

Well done Dougie, welcome to the R56 club :p Car sounds sweet :thumbs up:

RyanK
6th August 2009, 10:47 PM
Nice one, car sounds ace! Bet you can't wait to get it

KenL
6th August 2009, 10:53 PM
Car sounds fantastic, congrats :thumbs up:

Really wasn't sure about the newer minis to begin with but they have grown on me!

So. its only taken you almost 3 years to get used to the R56? I am sure you will not be disappointed ;)

ps - what are you doing with the 17" wheels/tyres that come with your chilli pack? I'll buy them if the price is right :smilewinkgrin:

audrey
6th August 2009, 11:10 PM
Good luck with the new car sounds :cool:

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 11:11 PM
Car sounds fantastic, congrats :thumbs up:

So. its only taken you almost 3 years to get used to the R56? I am sure you will not be disappointed ;)

ps - what are you doing with the 17" wheels/tyres that come with your chilli pack? I'll buy them if the price is right :smilewinkgrin:

Yea, I know its a long time...and I'm still not keen on some of them, but they can look awesome!

The tires are getting switched over to the new alloys so that it saves a bit of money! But if you were wanting just the wheels I'd happily sort something out :thumbs up:...would just be sitting about anyway!

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 11:14 PM

Well done Dougie, welcome to the R56 club :p Car sounds sweet :thumbs up:

Cheers, think urs was one of the ones that convinced me with the new model! Seen u driving out of the petrol station last week but was too busy reading the paper to see u in

Not sure where he's from, maybe someone else will know..

KenL
6th August 2009, 11:20 PM
The tires are getting switched over to the new alloys so that it saves a bit of money! But if you were wanting just the wheels I'd happily sort something out :thumbs up:...would just be sitting about anyway!

Thanks, but I would only be after wheels with new tyres.

I thought the JCW wheels were 18" so you would have wheels & tyres available.

Sheilz
6th August 2009, 11:28 PM
Sounds pretty good :thumbs up: The wait will seem to take for ever :sad: but worth it :clap::clap::clap:

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks, but I would only be after wheels with new tyres.

I thought the JCW wheels were 18" so you would have wheels & tyres available.

Ahh ok, no worries!

Nope, went for the R108 multi spoke alloys in matt black which are 17", so saving quite a bit by using the tires which come with the crown spoke alloys

dougie_dfc
6th August 2009, 11:35 PM
Sounds pretty good :thumbs up: The wait will seem to take for ever :sad: but worth it :clap::clap::clap:

yea :sad: I'm going on holiday a week on tuesday then freshers week :beer:and back to uni so plenty to keep me busy during the wait! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
6th August 2009, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the r56 club. Like u I was never sure but to be honest I have fallen in love with mine now.

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2009, 11:40 PM
Very nice Dougie, sounds :cool:

A.

Livi
7th August 2009, 11:33 AM

He is new, but doesn't like to introduce himself.

nope, that was Fraser, hes left now.

Sean is the new one, but i would of seen Ryan Dougie as he deals with NMS :thumbs up:

dougie_dfc
7th August 2009, 01:55 PM
Sean is the new one, but i would of seen Ryan Dougie as he deals with NMS :thumbs up:

Ahh never knew that, Sean was the only guy in when i first went in and just got it all sorted through him...will know in future though!

Was in today to see about alloys, going to have a spare set of 17" crown spoke alloys without tires for sale come September

Bazthemod
7th August 2009, 02:56 PM
Cheers, think urs was one of the ones that convinced me with the new model! Seen u driving out of the petrol station last week but was too busy reading the paper to see u in

Not sure where he's from, maybe someone else will know..

Hehe, i usually pay at pump anyway dude! Aww cheers, my car is getting a reputation for converting first gen owners, sure Greig said the same lol :D

dougie_dfc
7th August 2009, 03:42 PM
Hehe, i usually pay at pump anyway dude! Aww cheers, my car is getting a reputation for converting first gen owners, sure Greig said the same lol :D

haha if only everyone would pay at the pump! would make the job a little easier, and it is meant to be quicker than paying inside :thumbs up: