PDA

View Full Version : The good the bad and the ugly

GCA3N
6th August 2009, 11:26 AM
Got in my car this morning and started to drive being that the weather is nice started to open the window. Next thing I new I was soaked with all the water running in from the roof.

So this thread is all about the mini, So it's one good thing, one bad and one ugly thing.

The good. How it makes me feel when I drive her
The bad. Water running in from the roof
The ugly. The rather large interior dial ( r56 one)

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2009, 12:46 PM
Cool thread idea.

The good: the way it looks an a nice sunny day.:cool:
The bad: the rattles.. Arrrgghhh.:argh:
The ugly: struggling there... Some of the colour's - BRG, Hot Choclolate Etc.:frown:

A.:D

baptie
6th August 2009, 12:55 PM
The water thing, I have a classic mini as well. I have learned the lesson of take in a few corners before winding down window.....learned the hard way

The good: Whistle from the Supercharger
The bad: .........fuel consuption.........
The ugly: indicator stalks (at a push) look like something out of startrek

Burple
6th August 2009, 01:18 PM
The Good: the way it makes you feel blasting round A-roads
The Bad: I don't have space for more Minis
The Ugly: All you haters having the nerve to suggest there are bad things about your lovely Minis! They can hear you typing you know!! :Whistle::smilewinkgrin:

:laugh:

Bazthemod
6th August 2009, 01:37 PM
The Good: Having a Unique car
The Bad: Screenwash running round side windows :rolleyes:
The Ugly: Standard r56 Headunit

Delboy
6th August 2009, 02:35 PM
The Good: the way it drives, interior design & exterior looks :D
The Bad: it develops very difficult to find faults :argh:
The Ugly: it is a great target to throw rocks at, apparently :rolleyes:

doogz__
6th August 2009, 03:15 PM
The Good: BOOST!

The Bad: Run Flat Tyres

The Ugly: Brake dust cooked onto the white wheels! Nuisance to keep clean!

KenL
6th August 2009, 03:37 PM
The good: I like pretty much everything about the R56 :thumbs up:
Even though options are expensive, I like how everyone's MINI is so unique :cool:

The bad: Difficult one - all the plastic on the outside (and I think the
R56 plastic looks better longer than the R50 I had) but it takes a long time to clean and you need to be careful when waxing the rest of the car.
I know I could get them painted but I think it looks good with the plastic.
Never been a big runflats fan (the expense and difficulty repairing a puncture) so I am glad to see non-runflats are coming back in. However, all cars should come with a spare IMO.

The ugly: Nothing about current MINIs but that upcoming 4x4 MINI is not a MINI :frown:

ps - the water thing is just the price you pay for having a well waxed car. I had the same prob on my Puntos ang Golf.

Scottie
6th August 2009, 06:05 PM
The good= The Car itself
The bad.= temptation to over mod a mini, making a good mini a bad mini
The ugly= a manky mini

Stewart
6th August 2009, 06:34 PM
The good. Love it when she’s just been cleaned and gleaming, I take a second look and think “oh yeah”

The bad. Having to explain to everyone that they have to open the door lock twice for it to open. Found a fix for this in that you hit the wee lock switch on the centre Console as you pull up.

The ugly. That blooming big rear Mirror – Does it have to be that big……….:frown:

Louboolicious
6th August 2009, 06:42 PM
Im glad i read this thread, i'd always worried it was just my mini that let water run in from the roof when the window was down...

Sheilz
6th August 2009, 07:52 PM
The good: jumping into a sparkly clean mini knowing you're in for a lot of fun driving it. Seeing loads of minis together with no two alike. Size makes them a dawdle to wash and brush down.

The bad: price of runflats. small washer tank. not being able to drive them ALL the time ;)

The ugly: plastic switches on new ones are really cheap and quite nasty looking. Luckily there's not that much of them. Looked better lean with the clamshell bonnet instead of current fat one. But ugliest bit is the pissed off faces of other motorists when they get their butts kicked by an upstart mini :thumbs up: on the bendie bits.

Gemma B
6th August 2009, 08:28 PM
The Good: You can drive fast and not be a 'ned' :rolleyes:

The Bad: When I want to wind my window up or down without looking at the switch I accidently hit the fog lights and flash other cars :eek:

The Ugly: My cracked reverse light. . .

Bumble
6th August 2009, 09:39 PM
The Good ~ they way it puts a loonie like smile on my face when I drive it
The Bad ~ emmm .... my non working a/c
The Ugly ~ when a birdie poops on it

Crombers
7th August 2009, 11:26 AM
The Good :
Just how feckin good my MINI looks & sounds
At five+ years old & 2 MOT's (both requiring nothing) under her belt, how few faults there have been (3 main faults sorted during warranty'ish)
NewMiniScotland
3rd gear, 4000rpm & a twisty road (with the window 1/4 down ;))
The approving looks you get (the MINI gets some too :hand:)
NMS Pit Crew

The Bad :
People who fall out of love with their MINI's (you know who you all are :frown::rolleyes:)
Water in the windows
Small windscreen washer tank (now not such a big issue as I don't drive the car daily)
The 'grudge' to find reverse gear when cold

The Ugly :
None
OK, brake dust

Hamish
7th August 2009, 12:03 PM
The good... the friends and people I've gotten to know and the fun of racing a mini, awesome feeling. :thumbs up:

The bad... the repair bills :argh:

The ugly... seeing mine and other minis damaged or broken down and in a mess (hopefully not too often), also the look of dejection of the owner/driver... sheer pain! :sad:

All in all tho... the Pro's outweigh the Cons... :thumbs up: