PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the Winter

Craig
5th August 2009, 11:33 PM
I have been thinking about things that we could do during the winter. Jason (N12JLK) used to organise "MINI Meats" which was meeting for a meal and a chat once a month during the winter as this is normally when we have few runs down to the weather and ice/snow on the roads we like to use.. ;):thumbs up:

Here are some ideas I have come up with...

1. I will be organising another Karting day or night. :yes nod:

2. A trip out to Dunfermline Retail Park for a Meal at one of the many eateries there and then a round of golf at Adventure Golf Island (http://www.adventure-golf-island.com/home.shtml) :thumbs up:

3. A trip to a Motor Museum ;)

4. Maybe a charity xmas run to a childrens charity/home to drop off some presents? (used to do this with the Harley Owners Group and it was a blast :yes nod:)

Any other thoughts or suggestions welcome. Also let me know if you think any of the above are a good idea... :clap:

GCA3N
5th August 2009, 11:40 PM
These all sound Gr8 craig I would have to see times etc for what ever is organised but if I am home I would love to take part in something.

My fav idea is defo a carting night.

dezzyS
6th August 2009, 12:06 AM
In the other car forum I'm a member of we sometimes have nights out, meals, karting nights, etc and it's all great fun. I'd definitely be up for all the stuff you've suggested :thumbs up:

Don't know if you guys here do this already, as I'm still a newbie, but the other thing we do on that other forum is have "Spanners & Sponges" sessions in the winter when we're not out on road runs. Someone with a reasonably sized driveway has a few folk round and some people wash/detail their cars while others do upgrade work/mechanical stuff/etc. Lots of cuppas and good chat and it usually finishes off with some takeaway pizza or whatever.

D

Scottie
6th August 2009, 12:07 AM
why not do them all.

e'mm not option 1 for me though I'm still under physio from the last time:argh::argh:

Sheilz
6th August 2009, 01:16 AM
All really good ideas Craig. Have never tried go-karting and my golf is - so bad that I almost got banished from the crazy golf. Went playing with kids from school. Think they were quite stunned at how bad I was :eek: After that got banished to being caddy on the proper course :frown: I think a lot would depend on weather and stuff for anyone north of the central belt.

Craig
6th August 2009, 07:26 AM
yeah there is no reason why we can't do it all... ;)

thanks for the responses... I did also think that if we could find a garage we could maybe have a wee detailing/cleaning day ... :thumbs up:

GCA3N
6th August 2009, 09:00 AM
yeah there is no reason why we can't do it all... ;)

thanks for the responses... I did also think that if we could find a garage we could maybe have a wee detailing/cleaning day ... :thumbs up:

Sounds like a good idea any one have a really big garage that takes say 10 mini's:rolleyes:

Hamish
6th August 2009, 09:56 AM
great ideas Craig, I'd be up for them all... winter will be good time for me to get involved haha, seeing as these activities do not require road mini ownership haha :thumbs up:

Karting would be cool, not really done any karting before so sure it'd be a blast.

That pirate golf thing looks cool and great fun.

Hospice would be a nice touch too, always nice to give something back. :thumbs up:

C.Noble
6th August 2009, 10:14 AM
karting sounds good... maybe some endurance event????

Just make sure Knoxie is barred or considerably success ballasted!!!! :moonie:

doogz__
6th August 2009, 10:31 AM
Meh, he's alright, but he's not as light as he used to be. :lol:

I'm always up for some Karting!

Hamish
6th August 2009, 11:05 AM
karting sounds good... maybe some endurance event????

Just make sure Knoxie is barred or considerably success ballasted!!!! :moonie:

yeah and if its a 2 driver event make sure Craig gets out first!!! :thumbs up:

Gismo
6th August 2009, 01:34 PM
Excellent ideas Craig :thumbs up:

Stewart
6th August 2009, 06:09 PM
Meh, he's alright, but he's not as light as he used to be. !

The Karting is always good fun,
That’s the old excuse my mates use, we were down in Cornwall at Newquay. They could not catch me and the excuse was because two of them are well over the six foot in height and a good few stone over me…

One of my mates got pulled off for his own safety as this was on a good sized circuit on 70mph twin engine Pro Karts.. Think we got up to silly speed on the straight.

Great fun.I'd be u for some Karting.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2009, 11:50 PM
All sounds good to me.:thumbs up:

A.:D

madbaz
7th August 2009, 12:56 AM
Meh, he's alright, but he's not as light as he used to be. :lol:

I'm always up for some Karting!

Likewise. I suggest Knoxo get's to wear a lead lined fat suit:moonie: Craig need not worry about driving first, kart's don't have gearboxes :p I'd recommend Xtreme Karting in Falkirk.

Baz

Crombers
7th August 2009, 10:45 AM
3. A trip to a Motor Museum ;)

4. Maybe a charity xmas run to a childrens charity/home to drop off some presents? (used to do this with the Harley Owners Group and it was a blast :yes nod:)

Both good idea's for me :thumbs up: especially option 4 :yes nod: great idea & one that I would gladly assist in pulling together (work permitting, remembering I work shifts in a 24/7 operation). Giving to others less fortunate than ourselves is a TOP TOP TOP suggestion Craig ;)

I reckon we could get in touch with the Transport Museum & see if we could get a day organised. Remember they were looking for our recollections/stories of the Mini/MINI for their new home :thumbs up:

ianking
7th August 2009, 05:26 PM
There is a motor museum in East Lothian, I think its called Myreton. That might make a good visit. I was there some years ago.

MINI William
7th August 2009, 05:29 PM
There is a motor museum in East Lothian, I think its called Myreton. That might make a good visit. I was there some years ago.

It does look a good visit ian ive never been before but would like to

Craig
7th August 2009, 08:54 PM
thanks guys and girls for the comments. :thumbs up:

Please pitch in with any other suggestions. :smilewinkgrin:

I'll look into the childrens hospital/hospice/home thing and try and get it sorted out as there may be a bit of paperwork to get thro to make it happen. I am sure someone could dress up as santa :clap:

MINI William
7th August 2009, 10:00 PM
thanks guys and girls for the comments. :thumbs up:

Please pitch in with any other suggestions. :smilewinkgrin:

I'll look into the childrens hospital/hospice/home thing and try and get it sorted out as there may be a bit of paperwork to get thro to make it happen. I am sure someone could dress up as santa :clap:

Youll need added padding now big man :thumbs up:

Craig
7th August 2009, 10:16 PM
Youll need added padding now big man :thumbs up:

LOL :laugh:

I was actually thinking about Crombers... :lol::Whistle::clap:

Big Gordy
7th August 2009, 10:20 PM
I was actually thinking about Crombers... :lol::Whistle::clap:

Pheeeew.....I thought he was going to say me:thud::D

Big Gordy
7th August 2009, 10:22 PM
I could always ask my brother Craig:Whistle:......although he would be the grumpiest Santa....EVER:ragin::shut up:

Craig
7th August 2009, 10:23 PM
I could always ask my brother Craig:Whistle:......although he would be the grumpiest Santa....EVER:ragin::shut up:

LOL... aye he might scare aware the bairns... :laugh::laugh:

Crombers
8th August 2009, 09:13 AM
LOL... aye he might scare aware the bairns... :laugh::laugh:

& so might I :thumbs up: