PDA

View Full Version : Help - my wee coops needs repaired

libran99
3rd August 2009, 08:08 AM
Hi all - I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me if I'm posting in the wrong place!

My poor wee cooper has been damaged (reversed into a skip - not by me!).

the damage is pretty expensive and might need to go through my insurance co (who insist I have to use their repairer).

Now, I know I dont have to use their repairer and I'm insisting on a mini approved repairer.

My question is if I decide to pay for the repair myself, to avoid the impact on my no claims bonus etc, does anyone know of an approved mini bodyshop in central Scotland? I'm told the dealer I bought it from - menzies, Stirling - have an onsite approved mini bodyshop but my thoughts are the dealership will be more expensive than an independent.

Anyone help here? I've done google searches for mini approved bodyshop Scotland but it seems like a state secret!

cheers all, look forward gratefully to some advice - jtp

Forbes
3rd August 2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome.
I haven't heard of any mini approved bodyshops other than dealerships am afraid. Someone else might know better though.

Livi
3rd August 2009, 12:14 PM
My poor wee cooper has been damaged (reversed into a skip - not by me!)

Then why are you paying for it? / having to take the bite on your insurance?

just a wondering question.

Approved bodyshops will be your Main Dealers, but there is also a list of repairers that your insurance would only deal with.

Scottie
3rd August 2009, 12:21 PM
Burgoyne @ Airth is an approved repairer for a good few insurance companies.

Worth a try imo.

KenL
3rd August 2009, 02:18 PM
the damage is pretty expensive and might need to go through my insurance co (who insist I have to use their repairer).

I thought insurance companies could not force you to use any repairer?

I know I have asked both Directline & LV, both said I could choose as long as the quote was reasonable.

I'd phone them and push for your choice of repairer.

If they do not agree, make sure you take your business elsewhere!

libran99
4th August 2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

After some extensive discussions with insurers I have been "allowed" to use my dealership for the repairs as opposed to insurers preferred repairer (some company called national crash repairers).

Of course, to make it difficult I am not being allowed a courtesy car, and I have to wait a working week before any repairs can begin & the ins co engineer inspects my car.

All be sorted eventually, and hopefully my coops returned to its original beautiful self!

oh, and also burgoyne at Airth do get a good rep, not mini approved apparently tho.

Thanks again all,
jtp

GCA3N
4th August 2009, 06:27 PM
By the way just in case in helps the skip company (by law) must have cones around the skip and have flashing beacons as well as the company name and telephone number on it. I guess what I am getting at it is if they have not done that ( and if it is like 99% of them it won't have) then you are not liable. It would mean you would not loose your no claims or your excess. Hope this helps.