Was he really talking about the future of the big engine powerful cars

or

was he hinting at the end of Top Gear

or

was he hinting at maybe himself leaving top Gear

either way it was powerful ending.

The Dogfather
2nd August 2009, 09:21 PM
Just the end of the big engine cars, mind you if you look at the fuel economy of the BMW 3 litre petrols I think there's still some hope.

MINI William
2nd August 2009, 09:45 PM
Was he really talking about the future of the big engine powerful cars

or

was he hinting at the end of Top Gear

or

was he hinting at maybe himself leaving top Gear

either way it was powerful ending.

Deffo a very funny ending Fi

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 10:00 PM
Loved the program tonight, but seriously how amazing was the noise from that vxr8. I could not stop smiling watching that alone. Can I get mini to sound like that?

RyanK
2nd August 2009, 10:05 PM
R53's sound like that with a few mods mate!

The Dogfather
2nd August 2009, 10:29 PM
Only a supercharged MINI would sound like that, turbos hiss and woosh no whine

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 10:41 PM
Only a supercharged MINI would sound like that, turbos hiss and woosh no whine

Boo

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2009, 10:59 PM
R53's sound like that with a few mods mate!

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

What he said.:D

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2009, 11:02 PM
Was definitely a strange ending. But I think it was more just because it was the last in the series. Must have been the shortest script for a car review they've ever done. But when you have a V12 in an Aston, do you really want to hear Clarkson battering on about how good it is? You just want to watch it.:yes nod:

A.:D

Stewart
2nd August 2009, 11:26 PM
Class ending………….Aston doing its stuff………….and nothing else.

have to watch it now on Iplayer.

Forbes
2nd August 2009, 11:35 PM
Was a really wierd ending. Really can't see TG finishing as it is way to popular, Clarkson might leave but the show will continue.

Did they say see you next season though?

baptie
3rd August 2009, 07:27 AM
Think it was just a 5 min filler with an Aston on Isle of Mann (Well looked like it)

couldn't have TG without Clarkson, thats criminal

The Dogfather
3rd August 2009, 08:39 AM
I thought it was North Wales, which is ironic as he mentioned the crack down on speed.

euan
3rd August 2009, 09:50 AM
It's the end of big engines in my view.

Audi, Merc and BMW are both moving to smaller engines with turbos in the big cars. There is a reason for this as I seem to recall some legislation about the overall range of cars having to meet certain emission standards. Now, you can argue about that Ferrari are owned by Fiat and so the Panda will balance out the Enzo, but that kind of leaves stand alone companies a bit stuffed, hence why Porsche were trying to buy VW.

camjay
3rd August 2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, it was a bit strange, and we had the exact same conversation - wondering what he was getting at exactly. It better bloody not be finished I've had my name on the studio waiting list for ages!!!! :p

Ally S
3rd August 2009, 10:59 PM
just watched it on iplayer. in the news when talking about Massa, Jeremy metioned theres no testing cars till the autumn. so im sure they will be back.