PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the isle of Arran

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 04:59 PM
Well of on a perminant vacation to Arran moving on Friday so it's been a nightmare week. Decided to come to my senses and keep the mini I was being stupid even thinking about selling it. All being well will be back over on Sunday for craigs run but will have to leAve it till the last minute to see if I can make it. Wish me luck everyone.

Hamish
2nd August 2009, 05:42 PM
Well of on a perminant vacation to Arran moving on Friday so it's been a nightmare week. Decided to come to my senses and keep the mini I was being stupid even thinking about selling it. All being well will be back over on Sunday for craigs run but will have to leAve it till the last minute to see if I can make it. Wish me luck everyone.

mate, i do wish you and the better half the very best of luck with the move... its been good to get to know you and meet you.

Hopefully you can still make some of the race meetings, if not, would be good to catch up again before too long.

Also, very glad your keeping the mini, good decision haha.

All the best matey :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
2nd August 2009, 06:50 PM
Still be trying to keep up with you on the runs then? :rolleyes::p:D

Good decision, hope all goes well :thumbs up:

Stewart
2nd August 2009, 08:03 PM
Hope it all goes to plan.:thumbs up:hope to see you on Sunday...

Only been once by Yacht to Arran and that was just us in Brodick for the night and then onshore to the wee shop for rolls and bacon.

RyanK
2nd August 2009, 08:21 PM
Best of luck Greig! Good to hear you kept the mini, you'll be tearing up the roads of Arran :D

Organise a run over there for us, everyone can doss at hotel Greig

Delboy
2nd August 2009, 09:55 PM
All the best for the move - you're going to have a busy week! Look forward to visiting you once you get settled. Could be fun racing the Minis round the island - are there really no police :Whistle: ?

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 10:03 PM
Very few cops the odd one though. I was thinking about a run next yr the new place has a huge garden and pArking for about 10-15 cars so could do a camp at my place, also has about 4 spare bedrooms, do will defo try and get one organised if I got some interest. Thanks also for your good wishes everyone.

Audio Advice
2nd August 2009, 10:13 PM
Arran is beautiful. Would be lovely to live over there

All the very best with your new venture ;)

baptie
2nd August 2009, 10:23 PM
All the best over on the island.

Ex workmate moved to start a B&B in Brodick 4 years ago, going strong.

Scottie
2nd August 2009, 10:30 PM
Brodick bar......... tasty tasty:thumbs up:

you'll not get V Power over on Arran

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 10:39 PM
Brodick bar......... tasty tasty:thumbs up:

you'll not get V Power over on Arran

Unleaded is 122p just now so you can imagine how much v power would be. Anyway going to use the car now to go upto Aberdeen so will fill up on the mainland.

audrey
2nd August 2009, 10:48 PM
Best of luck to you and your family Greig :thumbs up:

D3 JDA
2nd August 2009, 11:46 PM
All the best with your move to arran m8 glad your keeping the mini and hope to see you at the run on sunday.David & Fiona :bigwave::thumbs up::clap:

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 11:48 PM
All the best with your move to arran m8 glad your keeping the mini and hope to see you at the run on sunday.David & Fiona :bigwave::thumbs up::clap:

Got alot to do but have really looked forward to this so don't want to miss it. Again thanks for your well wishes.

Forbes
2nd August 2009, 11:52 PM
Anyway going to use the car now to go upto Aberdeen so will fill up on the mainland.

You should let me know when your up. If its for offshore stuff your welcome to leave your car at mine:thumbs up: I will keep it ticking over for you:p:rolleyes:

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 11:58 PM
You should let me know when your up. If its for offshore stuff your welcome to leave your car at mine:thumbs up: I will keep it ticking over for you:p:rolleyes:

Are you serious I would love of you could do that for me, that was the reason I have not taken it up so far. Are you anywhere near the airport. I come up on a Wednesday night around 8.

Forbes
3rd August 2009, 12:02 AM
I am 5mins from the airport. But I work on a Wed 6-10, think its £8 last time we got a taxi.

GCA3N
3rd August 2009, 12:06 AM
I am 5mins from the airport. But I work on a Wed 6-10, think its £8 last time we got a taxi.

I wasn't looking for a lift just if it would be cool to leave it at yours. Is it off road parking? Got to say this would solve alot of problems for me and would be excellent to know it was safe.

Bumble
3rd August 2009, 12:20 AM
wooow ... big move and v exciting!

Sheilz
3rd August 2009, 01:40 AM
Grand choice of place to live. Speaking of Polismen on Arran, Munro's great-grandfather, William Munro, was the sergeant on the Island at the turn of the 20th Century. He was involved in investigating a murder on the island which became the plot for a film. Have never been there myself but its on the list of places I must go to. Good luck with the move. Your wee mini will enjoy the run back and fore to Aberdeen, grand way to open up your engine. Can you not park near the heliport? Maybe too expensive?

The Dogfather
3rd August 2009, 06:27 AM
Very envious Greig, good luck with the move.

NorthSea888
3rd August 2009, 11:48 AM
All the best bro..... The island is one of my wish list to see on my diary. :bigwave: :thumbs up:

Ferengo
3rd August 2009, 12:06 PM
Good luck with the move and thanks for all the help a while back :thumbs up:.

Craig
3rd August 2009, 12:38 PM
All best Greig and Family. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I hope you love it over in Arran and the idea of a run is a great one.. :cool:

Gismo
3rd August 2009, 01:58 PM
From one mover to another, good luck mate, i kinow how stressful it can be :thumbs up:

GCA3N
3rd August 2009, 03:18 PM
Mine probably doesn't even come close to yours and I know how bad mines is so all the best back. For all those who don't know where Arran is it's only an hour on the boat from ardrossan or 15 mins from cloniag on the north. I fully intend on making all the runs if I am home. I will buy a 6 journey for the boat works out 50quid a pop to come to the mainland not too bad.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2009, 05:09 PM
Good luck with the move Greig.

All the best.:thumbs up: