PDA

View Full Version : Email problems

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone else on here with a something.anything@btopenworld.com type of email address? Having constant problems with the mail server lagging. Constantly getting "Error Code 5" message on web mail and Outlook Express keeps stalling at password stage, asking me to confirm my password.

I've reported the issue to BT, but they only seem to have an online reporting process and I just keep getting the same automatic responce "Sorry you're having trouble, we've made some changes and that should fix the problem. if it doesn't, email us back and we'll look at it again." After 12 emails, I'm getting no-where.

Anyone else got a btopenworld email address? Having problems? or not having problems?

A.:argh:

The Dogfather
2nd August 2009, 02:31 PM
Andy, if you're out of contract ring them up asking for a MAC code on the basis you're moving away. You get straight through to tech support that way.

Actually you don't need to be out of contract to get a MAC

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2009, 11:08 PM
Cheers Paul, but the thing is, although my broadband provider is still BT, I could change to anyone and keep the email address I pay £1.50 a month just for that email address, on top of my broadband subscription. My broadband subscription comes with an email address, I just never use it.

Seriously thinking about changing to Google Mail and just using web mail though. The trouble is, I sell a fair few photo prints and I can't imagine how difficult it would be sending out 10 X 5mb pic files to customers just using web mail.:sad:

A.:confused:

GAJ
3rd August 2009, 08:27 AM
Seriously thinking about changing to Google Mail and just using web mail though. The trouble is, I sell a fair few photo prints and I can't imagine how difficult it would be sending out 10 X 5mb pic files to customers just using web mail.:sad:

A.:confused:
No need to. Gmail can be configured to use your existing pop email client - for example OE, if that's what you want to use. Instructions here - http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12103
:p

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2009, 08:45 AM
No need to. Gmail can be configured to use your existing pop email client - for example OE, if that's what you want to use. Instructions here - http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12103
:p

Cheers Gaj. Was wondering that.

A.

Ferengo
3rd August 2009, 09:57 AM
I have a btopenworld.com address (Also works as a btinternet.com address) but I use the portal login at bt.yahoo.com. There has been some issues logging in there to so that may be linked. I find logging in with Firefox is better.

Have you tried changing you address to @btinternet.com? All you need to do is change it in the client as they are both the same address. @openworld.com is an old bt domain so this maybe why you are having problems.