PDA

View Full Version : Performance Exhaust

CoNs
31st July 2009, 12:18 PM
does adding a performance exhaust to mini invalidate TLC ?

TheDoctor46
31st July 2009, 12:28 PM
Isnt the TLC just the Service plan?? I think it would void your Warranty though, unless you got the JCW exhaust???:thumbs up:

KenL
31st July 2009, 12:57 PM
If you read the small print here: http://www.mini.co.uk/html/model_range/mini_cooper_s/servicing/tlc.html

point 6 says that any non-MINI mod invalidates it.

However, loads of people have mods on their car and still get their services done.

I suppose dealers are not bothered as if they refuse to service your car they won't get paid by MINI.

KenL
31st July 2009, 12:58 PM
Isnt the TLC just the Service plan?? I think it would void your Warranty though, unless you got the JCW exhaust???:thumbs up:

...but only faults that could be blaimed on the exhaust, not things like paintwork for example.

CoNs
31st July 2009, 01:13 PM
thanks guys

i suppose you can just hold gun to there head and threaten to buy next car elsewhere :thumbs up:

if Eastern don't want to service i could just try Vardys, not for another 16000 miles mind you..

ELFMAN
31st July 2009, 02:16 PM
I've fitted performance exhausts to all my previous MINIs. A Magnex system to my '01 Cooper and a Playmini System and Manifold to my '03 S, which later got the JCW 210 upgrade. Never had any problems re. TLC or Warranty with dealer (Douglas Park MINI, Hamilton). A decent exhaust is a great mod as it changes the character of the car and makes it much more fun to punt along (then fit a decent pair of seats and you're laughing!). My new S I bought in March this year's too young to get modded... for now.

I reckon you'll only get problems with the dealer over Warranty/TLC if you start doing more 'serious' work, like Engine, Braking and Suspension mods etc. Unless your exhaust is incorrectly fitted and damages the car in some way, you should be fine. Go for it!!!

Knox18
31st July 2009, 02:34 PM
i had a 7month old subaru with a blitz aftermarket exhaust on it. I blew it up and when it was delivered to Subaru it "somehow" had the standard exhaust on it :thumbs up: not the hardest thing to change :Whistle:

ELFMAN
31st July 2009, 03:43 PM
WOW! Scooby Magic! Those fiendishly clever Japanese.....
But if you're Scottish you could use a set of ramps and some spanners.

CoNs
31st July 2009, 04:05 PM
i had a 7month old subaru with a blitz aftermarket exhaust on it. I blew it up and when it was delivered to Subaru it "somehow" had the standard exhaust on it :thumbs up: not the hardest thing to change :Whistle:

yeah

anyone know custom exhaust companys in edinburgh/fife area

Craig
31st July 2009, 08:01 PM
yeah

anyone know custom exhaust companys in edinburgh/fife area

nope, but I have used THIS PLACE (http://www.stainless-creations.co.uk/) in falkirk and they did a great job. If you look at the gallery the dark silver R56S is my exhaust. Also the Yellow and Oxygen Blue cooper were scottie's. They do a great job. :thumbs up: MNI William also got his exhaust done by them. :yes nod:

That exhaust is for sale if your interested... :Whistle:

Livi
31st July 2009, 09:46 PM
im sure i had a thread on this before, but the conclusion came to that it depends on dealer that will depend on there excuse.

TLC is just a service ticket and having a modified exhaust on it, shouldn't effect it.

CoNs
2nd August 2009, 04:05 PM
im sure i had a thread on this before, but the conclusion came to that it depends on dealer that will depend on there excuse.

TLC is just a service ticket and having a modified exhaust on it, shouldn't effect it.

Thanks JC Parts :)

craig - exhaust for Coop S? or std Coop

GCA3N
2nd August 2009, 04:52 PM

I can answer that for you pretty sure it's for the S

Craig
3rd August 2009, 12:30 PM

yeas it's for the S.... :smilewinkgrin:

Forbes
3rd August 2009, 02:38 PM
One day someone will buy that exhaust Craig.

badwolf340
13th August 2009, 08:14 PM
nope, but I have used THIS PLACE (http://www.stainless-creations.co.uk/) in falkirk and they did a great job. If you look at the gallery the dark silver R56S is my exhaust. Also the Yellow and Oxygen Blue cooper were scottie's. They do a great job. :thumbs up: MNI William also got his exhaust done by them. :yes nod:

That exhaust is for sale if your interested... :Whistle:

Craig is spot on:yes nod::yes nod:,really good people to deal with and will do there best to make sure you get what you want.