PDA

View Full Version : Perthshire June Cruise: Sunday the 8th June

Linda M
21st April 2003, 08:36 PM
MINI2.com / Newminiscotland.co.uk

Scottish Perthshire MINI Cruise – Sunday the 8th June

The main thread and list will go up on MINI2 later today !

OK folks, Willie and I have been back out in the Scottish countryside putting together another run just for us MINI freaks. It’ll take the same form as the festive run and at lunch Willie hopes to have a quiz put together seeing as they’re proving popular. Goes without saying we’ve tried to pick real MINI driving roads. We’ve done two recces so far and a third will get done in May as we keep sourcing out these ‘great’ roads. I just have to add that the scenery is stunning from start to finish!!

We have decided that for the sake of safety and organisation, if need be we will limit the numbers to a max of 30 MINI’s.

The route will start at Stirling services at 10.00am and the first stage will take us up to Dunkeld where we will stop for lunch. Then we head up to Pitlochry, down to Aberfeldy and finishing the day at the Famous Grouse Whisky Experience in Crieff at about 4.30pm. We will hardly be using ‘main’ roads, keeping away from the beaten track but we don’t want to give ‘too much’ away right now.

Approx mileage for the day will be 130.

Directions will be available to download nearer the time.

Rules of the Cruise

This is a ‘cruise’ with the utmost emphasis being on keeping in a convoy. We want everyone to enjoy the roads and scenery but most of all it’s to be a relaxing day out for everyone. This is not a thrash, blast or a speed freak run. This does not mean no fun. No one should overtake the lead car at anytime. Due to junctions etc, it is likely that splits will form so we will be slowing down frequently to make sure everyone has time to catch up and re-join the convoy. We think the beauty of a MINI outing is the convoy as nothing beats seeing a group of MINI’s together!!!!. You must always have a MINI in your sights.

It takes time and planning to organise MINI outings and we want to make sure everyone has a wonderful FUN MINI ADVENTURE.

The organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or death incurred as a result of this event. It is assumed that all participants have adequate insurance, road tax and driving licences.

Please make sure that you have a full tank of fuel.
It is recommended that you zero your trip counter at the start.

Julz
21st April 2003, 09:02 PM
Would we actually be going through Pitlochry cause at that time of year it'll be manic and we're guaranteed to lose Duncan! Can I maybe suggest the B898 past Dalguise as that road is fandabbydosy! and you come out towards Feldy! I'm not interfering (I hope!) I just know how bad Pitlochry gets with bloody foreigners!:p:):D

Linda M
21st April 2003, 09:31 PM
It's ok Julz, we're not going through Pitlochry for the same reason you mentioned 'tourist season' :)

Fontal
21st April 2003, 09:44 PM
OHHHHHHHH put my name down for one of the 30 cars, I will be there :):):D
oh o me getting to excited all ready ;)

duncan
21st April 2003, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Would we actually be going through Pitlochry cause at that time of year it'll be manic and we're guaranteed to lose Duncan!

Thanks Julz, but i'm not too bad on the roads around Pitsnottery - i've spent a fair bit of time dodging work driving about the back roads there.

The Sma' Glen road is great fun in a non-turbo non-power steering Yellow Sherpa!

Linda M
22nd April 2003, 12:05 AM
Main thread and list is now up on MINI2, please add your name there :)

Fontal
22nd April 2003, 01:27 AM
Ill take it the date is set in stone, so I can go and book hollidays, boat, chip:eek::D, digs,
Hope I havn't forgotten somthing ;):)

Richard

Linda M
22nd April 2003, 03:10 AM
That will be the date Richard even if everyone pulls out and it's only us :eek:
As you would've seen on the main thread I'm trying to get a Saturday night pre-cruise meal going. If you were up for it there are 2 travel lodges at the restaurant I'm going to use and that way it would only be a 15mins convoy to the start of the run on the Sunday.

Gismo
22nd April 2003, 06:13 PM
Linda, can you tell me what the phone number for the hotel is so that Andy (Bad Manners) and I can book accomodation :)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
22nd April 2003, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Linda, can you tell me what the phone number for the hotel is so that Andy (Bad Manners) and I can book accomodation :)Bonnie Scotland
See MINI2 thread Alan :)

knaone
24th April 2003, 04:06 PM
Why is it runs i want to go on end up on days when its the RC championship? :(:dead::(

Linda M
25th April 2003, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by knaone

Why is it runs i want to go on end up on days when its the RC championship? :(:dead::(
Shame you can't make this one either David ! Just what is RC ???

john
25th April 2003, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Shame you can't make this one either David ! Just what is RC ???

Roman Catholic championships:D

What scale do you race David?????

Radio Controlled Linda;)

knaone
26th April 2003, 12:19 AM
1/10th scale electric tourers, i'm not very good, working on reliability (staying on the track helps), but i love it :D and it keeps me off the streets! :p

Julz
26th April 2003, 08:50 PM
Rob has a 1/8th petrol off-road and it can do 50mph, which I think is freaky (very noisy though!!):cool:

knaone
26th April 2003, 09:27 PM
Rob is lucky ;)
A guy that i race with chases dogs with his nitro truck, noisy and smelly! :(

The faults with the nitro cars is that there isnt many places that will let you run them :( unless you can afford a 1/5 beast! and they are EVIL!!!!

Linda M
27th April 2003, 02:24 AM
At least I know what RC is now :clown::)

d00b
27th April 2003, 03:35 PM
Its my Chicklets birthday so we won't make it :(

Linda M
27th April 2003, 08:37 PM
Pity you can't make it doob, maybe next time :cool:

Julz
27th April 2003, 09:27 PM

The faults with the nitro cars is that there isnt many places that will let you run them
He takes his little car to my mum and dads farm, but mole heaps and horse poo tend to cause some rather messy obstacles!!:eek::p

Willie M
7th May 2003, 04:12 PM
Update: Route is now almost fully decided, just a couple of little details to finalise. Driving instructions will be available for download (hopefully from this site) before the end of the month. :)

GAJ
8th May 2003, 05:26 AM
Looking forward to it:D

Linda M
12th May 2003, 03:15 AM
Third and final recce done today :) See MINI2 for pics.

Monsta Mo Mini
17th May 2003, 05:04 AM
Perthshire Run webpage is now up and running in the events section - http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/perthshire_1.html.

:D

Willie M
17th May 2003, 07:00 AM
Nice one MMM. Ta muchly for your assistance :cool:

Gismo
29th May 2003, 06:06 PM
Willie and linda,
I have posted on the MINI2 forum that sadly i won't be able to attend the run due to work, i won't be home until the 15th June.

Sadly i don't have any access to phones at the moment and wondered if either of you could possibly phone the hotel to cancel my reservation??? Please post back either way.

Hoping you have a great day without me!!

Bonnie scotland

Willie M
30th May 2003, 03:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Hoping you have a great day without me!!
Don't know how that would be possible :(;)
Bummer you can't make it Alan, hopefully catch up with you again at Cullen :cool:

Linda M
1st June 2003, 11:02 PM
ONE WEEK TO GOOOOOOOOOOO :cool:
Is everyone excited :question::question::question:

Fontal
1st June 2003, 11:28 PM
You bet I am
I have just spent the whole day couped up in the office because of a huge lightning storm still not all lost at least im getting paid for it :D:D

Linda M
3rd June 2003, 02:05 AM
Looks like it's just us that are excited Richard :clown::D

Right folks, the lunch menu is up on the main MINI2 thread. I need to know what everyone wants as it will make life much easier for the hotel.

lightbody
3rd June 2003, 08:38 PM
I've been too busy to be excited Linda, and recovering from Thistle Run Exhaustion! I'll ask Charlie if he's excited when I get home :)

Linda M
3rd June 2003, 10:34 PM
More excitement.....the excitement is too much :clown:

Willie M
4th June 2003, 12:34 AM
I'm excited too, waiting to see what Calum's brought me back from his holiday's :D I bet it's something really nice :approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
4th June 2003, 06:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

I'm excited too, waiting to see what Calum's brought me back from his holiday's :D I bet it's something really nice :approve:

Ahem??????:question::D:D

Willie M
4th June 2003, 04:03 PM
WOOHOO !!! Calum's brought me back a hem :p I can't wait to see it... should I put it at the bottom of my trouser leg or on one of my skirts, em, er, shirts??

Willie M
4th June 2003, 04:21 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE

The Perthshire Cruise will LEAVE from Stirling Services at 10am SHARP on Sunday.

Please make sure you get there in plenty of time. Linda and I will be there from around 9.20am. Please check in with us (EB/W MINI Cooper S - LM02 MCS) when you arrive. You will also receive a little run pack (a copy of the driving instructions (for those who haven't downloaded them) and a wee goody for your MINI) :cool:

If anyone is unfortunate enough to miss the start (held up in traffic, lost, etc.) please call us on 07977 280 960 where we can advise you.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday :):cool:

Linda M
4th June 2003, 08:14 PM
And seeing as hardly anyone is excited Daisy might just go off on her 'OWN' MINI adventure :evil::disapprove::evil:

Woz
4th June 2003, 08:19 PM
Moorf and I are looking forward to it :D

Fontal
4th June 2003, 08:30 PM
Im excited to Linda :D

Gismo
4th June 2003, 10:24 PM
I'm excited for you all, i'd be even more excited if i could go :(

Bonnie Scotland

Moorf
5th June 2003, 07:35 AM
YAAAAY Just a few days to go until our first ever Mini Run!!

Woohooo - looking forward to seeing you all thru blurry eyes on Sunday morning! I'm allergic to mornings :dead: so I'll do the pm section :D:D

See you all sooooon!
Moorf

Willie M
5th June 2003, 03:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Moorf

Woohooo - looking forward to seeing you all thru blurry eyes on Sunday morning! I'm allergic to mornings :dead:
Now, now Moorf... If, like me, you went to your bed early on Saturday night (aye right) you'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed come Sunday morning ;):D

Look forward to meeting you both on Sunday :cool:

Julz
5th June 2003, 06:54 PM
BabyB is getting excited cause so far it looks like we're still okay to come!!:) If you can give me a rough idea as to when you think you'll be passing through Caputh cause I'll meet you at the bridge there!!:clown:

Willie M
5th June 2003, 09:04 PM
If all goes to schedule we should be at the bridge by Caputh just before 12 noon Julz. I (think) I've still got your mobile number from the Aberdeen excursion. I'll give you a buzz and let you know how things are progressing on Sunday morning.

Moorf
5th June 2003, 09:25 PM
Ok, ok I HAVE to ask (!) - give me the what, why, when and how of the Award! ;)

Linda M
5th June 2003, 11:55 PM
Did you really have to ask Moorf :question: At the Mini Clan Thistle Run recently both our MINI's were entered in Best new MINI show/shine. Did Stouffer not go and win it :disapprove: a trophy which 'I' sponsored and now have to sit and look at every night on top of the telly :mad: Willie is just trying to 'rub' it in now but I'm ignoring him :evil::mad::evil:

Linda M
6th June 2003, 10:23 PM
Counting the hours now :D:cool::D

Wul
7th June 2003, 01:22 AM
:)HAVE A GREAT TIME ON SUNDAY:)

Look forward to the stories/ pics next week :D:p:evil:

Wul

seany
8th June 2003, 03:57 AM
looking forwards to it see yous there

3GGG
8th June 2003, 04:41 PM
Come on! - You don't expect me to take my shiny clean car out in this weather do you? :):D

GAJ
9th June 2003, 02:40 AM
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the run today despite the wee bit of rain. Thanks once again to Linda and Willie for all the hard work you put in to making it such a success. It was really good to meet new faces and i am looking forward to meeting up with everone again soon.

Bod
9th June 2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks yet again to Willie and Linda M for taking so much time and effort in organising today's superb run. Great roads for it - got to be some of the best MINI roads in the country. Good to see a lot of "old" faces and meeting some new peeps too! :D:D:D

Moorf
9th June 2003, 05:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Great to see you all today and made some great new friends - hi to those I never got around to talking too - it was our first ever MINI run and my cheeks ache almost as much as they did on our wedding day :D:D:D (that's the cheeks on my FACE ;) ).

Thanks Linda and Willie for a great route - we thought we'd been around a bit in Perthshire but we've now found some great new roads to revisit plus a fish ladder!

Hope u guys with long trips back south of the border had a good trip back - we were knackered getting home just 30 mins later!

Hope to see you all again at the Ice Cream run in July (will confirm asap).

Laters
Moorf
:cool:

Linda M
9th June 2003, 05:23 AM
Hey Folks, a few words from Willie and I about the Cruise today.

Nice seeing all the regulars (it's always a good laugh). Great meeting quite a few new faces, most of whom I didn't get much of a chance to talk to but thank's for coming along. Very special thank's to our over the border friends, Martin, Tim and Andy for making the trip up. The same goes to Richard who made the long trip down from Shetland to join in. Also thank's to everyone who came along last night for the meal, it was really nice and a fun night. John and Caroline, it must've been quite daunting sitting waiting on us all to come into the restaurant, thank's for coming along, it was great to see you both.

I hope everyone had a 'great' MINI adventure, we tried our best to make it enjoyable for everyone!

Hope to see you all again soon :)

Monsta Mo Mini
9th June 2003, 06:11 AM
Thanks again to Willie and Linda, great route. It's been said already but it was great seeing so many new recruites there today, hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

CULLEN HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!

Julz
9th June 2003, 04:30 PM
Cheers to Willie and Linda for yet another fantastic day, despite the weather:p. BabyB thoroughly enjoyed herself and liked meeting lots of new Minis!! Next stop Cullen:D:cool:

Mr P
9th June 2003, 10:34 PM
Thanks to Linda & John for their superb effort:)Being my first run i really appreciated all the effort that had been taken by all involved to make what was a great day:D Just sorry that i cant make the Cullen run as i will be in Florida:(but looking forward to meeting up again ASAP for more Mini fun!!

See ya

George.

Linda M
9th June 2003, 11:12 PM
There's quite a few pics up on MINI2 now :)

duncan
9th June 2003, 11:45 PM
Another great day out, and hooray for another sticker!!!! (thanks Linda)
Pity i 'll miss the Cullen Run too, but such is life.

Cheers
Duncan

Julz
9th June 2003, 11:54 PM
Someone has to say it, but congrats Duncan for not getting lost!!!;)

shoppie
10th June 2003, 04:41 AM
What a fantastic day! Big thanks to Willie and Linda for their efforts.
Goldmember loved every minute of his debut and managed to reach his first 1000 miles on the way home:cool::cool::cool:

See you all again soon I hope.

Howard;)

Willie M
10th June 2003, 03:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by shoppie

Goldmember loved every minute of his debut and managed to reach his first 1000 miles on the way home:cool::cool::cool:
:D:D LOL
Great name for a great car Shoppie :cool: Thought your new MINI looked stunning, great to see you back :)

Fontal
10th June 2003, 08:23 PM
Well thats me back on the island again after a great trip down the road, fantastic roads and it was great getting to put faces to the names:D.
The pics that are on MINI2 are brilliant, looking forward to the wright up:D:D

Cheers Richard

shoppie
10th June 2003, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

quote:Originally posted by shoppie

:D:D LOL
Great name for a great car Shoppie :cool: Thought your new MINI looked stunning, great to see you back :)

Thanks very much Willie, that's two of us that think its stunning!!:D:D:D

Monsta Mo Mini
13th June 2003, 04:59 AM
Report and pics are now published in the events section.

3GGG
13th June 2003, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Report and pics are now published in the events section.

Calum, the links from the thumbnails seem to be broken:(

Monsta Mo Mini
13th June 2003, 06:06 AM
Sorry - got distracted during upload and forgot about the html files. It's now sorted.

Linda M
13th June 2003, 06:45 AM
Cracking write up Calum :D

GAJ
13th June 2003, 03:30 PM
Nice work!

Fontal
13th June 2003, 04:23 PM
Quality wright up Calum :)

minidriver#1
13th June 2003, 07:44 PM
the pictures were great, glad you guys had a class time. my trip to london was ok, my aunt had a b'day party with 140 people in her house :| so i ended up couped n my cousins room playng GT3 on the PS2, so all was not lost.

Linda M
30th June 2003, 02:49 AM
Report and pics now up on our website :)