PDA

View Full Version : BMW news conference today....

Big Gordy
29th July 2009, 08:09 AM
Rumours are that BMW are going to announce that there pulling out of F1:frown: Seems they had a 3 year plan and if they didn't win the world title in that time they would cut and run:sad: Think its at 10am.....watch this space:Whistle:

Big Gordy
29th July 2009, 09:21 AM
BMW have just anounced that they will be pulling out of F1 at the end of the year:frown: Don't know how this is going to effect Sauber as BMW supply there engines:confused:

Forbes
29th July 2009, 10:51 AM
Never good. Could be two teams going? Or will they change engines?

Big Gordy
29th July 2009, 11:15 AM
Rumour has it that Alonso is poised to jump ship early to Ferrari as Renault are close to pulling the F1 plug as well:frown:

Smitty
29th July 2009, 11:43 AM
Bit of a shame that BMW are pulling out, and actually quite cowardly. They were doing brilliantly - they've taken a downturn this year - but any good business would be determined to proove themselves. That's certianly the way I would run things (but what the hell do I know!! :p)

Renault pulling out would be a big loss :frown:

dezzyS
29th July 2009, 12:11 PM
Shame to see BMW go. Wonder where Kubica will go? He's a good driver but has a rubbish car at the moment. Not sure if there will be many spaces left for a driver at a loose end next year.

C.Noble
29th July 2009, 06:42 PM
BMW have just anounced that they will be pulling out of F1 at the end of the year:frown: Don't know how this is going to effect Sauber as BMW supply there engines:confused:

BMW own the whole team, the Sauber bit is only a name left over from the old team... if BMW dont find a buyer for the team (I would guess someone will buy it, alot of facilities there to go to waste... Hmmm, MinimaxF1 :Whistle:), the whole thing gets shut down!

I think it was wrong of F1 to give the car manufacturers too much clout anyway, if they were kept purely as engine suppliers only where ever possible (with the obvious exception of Ferrari, like them or loathe them, it is a close call whether they sell cars to go racing, or go racing to sell cars... the two parts are inseperable in their case), it would stop the manufacturers coming in, bullying out the smaller, but very well respected teams like Williams, Sauber, Tyrrell, Jordan, etc.
Then demand even more revenue, power over rule changes, etc, which ALWAYS hurt smaller teams.
Then when things dont go their way decide "Erm... wait a minute... we have made this quite expensive now, and we still get our arses kicked by the little guys, and this isnt helping us shift cars out of the showroom (well duh! :rolleyes:)... Lets bugger everyone up and just walk away!"

Sure, car manufacturers have owned teams and done well in post war F1, Renaults first attempt (Turbo era), to a lesser extent the current Renault team, Lotus (another "Ferrari" case).
But the list of manufacturers that have come in, demanded lots...delivered little...pissed off loads, is long and distinguished...
Ford (Jaguar) "We are haemorrhaging money all over the world... lets buy an F1 team!" Then cant understand why it didnt help them.
Lets not forget Honda, who if you remember stabbed E.Jordan in the back when they bought Craig Pollock out of BAR, here is a manufacturer who fcuked around with the wrong people, and pissed off the right ones for years, and when they finally started to do it right and bring in the right guys... they quit... clever move guys... bet your kicking yourselves now!
Now BMW.. claiming to be able to win the WC within 3 years of starting??? that was incredibly stupid and arrogant... look how long it took Toyota to even score decent points, and they have access to funds that would dwarf sevaral developing countries!

These marketing people need to leave winning, which means running a good team of the right people with determination and motivation, to the people who have these qualities in abundance, and do racing because it is in their blood, guys like Ross Brawn, Frank Williams, Ron Dennis, Christian Horner, etc. And the guys who stood up to the big munufacturers in the past Colin Chapman, Ken Tyrrell, Eddie Jordan, Paul Stoddart.
These people all have one thing in common, they all live to go racing and would, and in many cases did earlier in their careers, do it for nothing if it was the only way to go racing. As a result of this, they will find a way of winning no matter what it takes, and usually because they didnt have to answer to a bunch of jumped up marketing men who are only in F1 for the glamour and wouldnt know a F1 team from a netball team, think "sliding skirts" are something Lewis Hamiltons girlfriend would wear, and a drive thru penalty means having to race with a big mac and fries on your lap!

I think BMWs announcement is a worry for the employees concerned, but as I said before, the old Sauber team was well equipped and therefore got to be a worthy investment for someone. As for Formula 1 in general, bye bye BMW, run away home and leave the racing to the big boys who just dig deeper when things are going bad and find a way of turning things around, and for who giving up is like rubbing your eyes with your own elbows... its just not an option!

I will step off my soapbox now :idea:

AndyP & Lenore
29th July 2009, 07:45 PM
B..... if BMW dont find a buyer for the team (I would guess someone will buy it, alot of facilities there to go to waste... Hmmm, MinimaxF1 :Whistle:)....

You'd need a shed load more gearboxes and drive shafts.:laugh:

A.:D

Big Gordy
29th July 2009, 08:35 PM
We never get a short post from Mr.Noble do we:rolleyes:

C.Noble
29th July 2009, 08:43 PM
:smilewinkgrin: (shrt enuf 4 U?"

AndyP & Lenore
29th July 2009, 10:05 PM
We never get a short post from Mr.Noble do we:rolleyes:

We, don't but holy shoot the guy know's his stuff.:thumbs up: You wouldny know it frae lookin' at him either.:eek::moonie::smilewinkgrin:

A.:D

waugh67
5th August 2009, 09:11 PM
MinimaxF1, now theres an idea. I think gearboxes & driveshafts would be the least of his problems !!!!

cpearson
6th August 2009, 08:24 AM
MinimaxF1, now theres an idea. I think gearboxes & driveshafts would be the least of his problems !!!!

God I dread to think...........:Whistle:

mini saltire
13th August 2009, 07:54 AM
Cracking post Mr Noble. I couldn't agree more!!:clap: