PDA

View Full Version : NCP Overnight Parking in Glasgow City centre

koolsville
28th July 2009, 09:41 PM
I'm having a rare trip down to Glasgow on Saturday, I'm staying overnight in a hotel that doesn't have a car park. They recommend a nearby NCP on or near George Street apparently.

Not knowing Glasgow that well, are the City centre NCPs secure enough for my new baby car?

Forbes
28th July 2009, 09:53 PM
Not to sure, but don't think it was far away I used the NCP (i think) under the Thistle Hotel just off Buchanan Street. Felt safe enough to me.

GCA3N
28th July 2009, 10:30 PM
They are pretty safe, but be extra safe leave nothing on show and leave your glove box open (obviously if you have one)

Ferengo
29th July 2009, 08:15 AM
We stayed in a holiday inn or travel inn (Something like that) and we had to park our MINI in that car park. Pretty safe. It's so regulated that when I went back to the car I could see 2 other cars that had been clamped for not paying their road tax, That's how much it's watched.

Certainly that was my experience back last November. Hope this helps. Oh and it's like a 3-4 min walk from the car park to the hotel if it is the same one. :thumbs up:

dezzyS
29th July 2009, 08:59 AM
The NCP carparks are pretty expensive and continue to charge an hourly rate overnight I believe. They caparks run by Glasgow City Council are great. Two of them have been re-vamped in recent years - bigger spaces, better lighting and more secure (you have to swipe your ticket to get in). I think they only charge £1.50 to park your car for as long as you like after 6pm, so you can leave it overnight for £1.50.

There's one in Cambridge Street just next to the Thistle Hotel and the Concert Square carpark across from the Concert Hall next to Buchanan Street bus station.

D

koolsville
29th July 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the info folks. I am more reassured that the wee motor will safe and sound while I'm out and about.

I'm actually guest DJ at All Tore Up! above Blackfriars in Bell Street on Saturday night/Sunday morning, if anyone's up for a bit of greasy, sleazy rockabilly, tattoos, quiffs, boots and Betty Page girlies - its the place to be on Saturday night.