PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Mini on the move / opening event

Scottie
28th July 2009, 08:01 AM
Got a card through my door at the weekend telling us they move to their new place on the 10th August I think.

Solves a few problems for me thank god at last a dealer close enough to me that I can use with out going through the Edinburgh traffic.:cool:

I'll need to try them out shortly as I think my aircon could be a bit colder.

ianking
28th July 2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah got the same card, from both MINI and BMW.

Noticed the new buildings the other day when we were driving that way.
Will go over for a nosey when its open.

Craig
28th July 2009, 09:07 AM
aye, me too, car going in on the 17th to get a couple of things sorted. :thumbs up:

Crombers
28th July 2009, 11:36 AM
aye, me too, car going in on the 17th to get a couple of things sorted. :thumbs up:

:thud:

What's wrong now ?

Craig
28th July 2009, 04:44 PM
:thud:

What's wrong now ?

sunroof not opening closing properly, oil burning smell when "on it" (I think there is too much oil in the car from reading the dipstrick) and also loud rattle from engine on tick over in neutral. ;) Car booked in for at least 2 days. :rolleyes:

TheDoctor46
28th July 2009, 07:02 PM
sunroof not opening closing properly, oil burning smell when "on it" (I think there is too much oil in the car from reading the dipstrick) and also loud rattle from engine on tick over in neutral. ;) Car booked in for at least 2 days. :rolleyes:

Mines is booked in for 2 days next week also, whine from the clutch when cold and too much water in the header tank, smells 'very hot' when on it!!

Craig
28th July 2009, 07:27 PM

Mines is booked in for 2 days next week also, whine from the clutch when cold and too much water in the header tank, smells 'very hot' when on it!!

this does make me think that the workshop doesn't really look at the cars very closely before giving them to the customer... Just IMHO of course.. ;):rolleyes:

Bumble
28th July 2009, 08:26 PM
Yep - it's at the end of my road so very handy for me!

TheDoctor46
29th July 2009, 11:50 AM
this does make me think that the workshop doesn't really look at the cars very closely before giving them to the customer... Just IMHO of course.. ;):rolleyes:

I'm thinking the same Craig. You know how you get that 'hot' water smell?? The temp gauge was fine and the fan cuts in perfect too, but i thought i'd check anyway and i was right, the header tank was filled right up to the top, WAY past the Full mark on the side!!! :confused:
Slight whine from the clutch when puuling away also, this only happens when its cold.
Anyway, its in next week for 2days and its all under Warranty so i'm no really fussed tbh:thumbs up:

CoNs
2nd August 2009, 04:04 PM
yup got me card through aswell

is it worth going all the way to Eastern for service/oil change or Vardys @ Seafield okay? attitute of the sales team @ Vardys is shocking

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2009, 11:28 PM
yup got me card through aswell

is it worth going all the way to Eastern for service/oil change or Vardys @ Seafield okay? attitute of the sales team @ Vardys is shocking

We use the service team at Vardy's as they are our closest dealer and tbh, they really look after us.

We used to use Vardy's (back when it was Dunedin) as I was mates with one of the sales guys, but he's moved on to Land Rover:eek: now. However, since he moves we've had no real reason to deal with Vardy's sales dept., so can't comment on how good or bad they are. But I know the sales guys from vardy's are often on here, so I'm sure they are all very nice guys/gals.

A.:D

Scottie
10th August 2009, 10:02 PM
anyone going to their opening night the 28th August we intend to go along for a wee look.:thumbs up:

KenL
10th August 2009, 10:14 PM
I have an invite, not sure if I will go or not.

ianking
10th August 2009, 10:20 PM
Both Sarah and I got cards in the door today. I also got a BMW one.
Not sure of our plans that night but might go along for free drink and food if we have nothing on.

Scottie
10th August 2009, 10:24 PM
Both Sarah and I got cards in the door today. I also got a BMW one.
Not sure of our plans that night but might go along for free drink and food if we have nothing on.

we got three invites:confused:

Craig
10th August 2009, 10:36 PM
can't go as I have a golf day out that day which has been booked for months... :argh::argh: I fancied seeing their new showroom aswell....

Might just have to pop along some other day... :yes nod:

Bumble
10th August 2009, 10:55 PM
think i may go - it's just down the road and I fancy an excuse for a nosey

RS6driver
11th August 2009, 10:29 AM
We got a card through too but won't be going. If anyone wants it, drop me a pm and I'll send it on :)

Scottie
26th August 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm going on Friday just so I can have a look at the MINI WC50 they are bring in for the event.

SimonS
26th August 2009, 02:58 PM
We'll be there in the Z4.

TheDoctor46
26th August 2009, 05:13 PM
We'll be there also :thumbs up:

Bumble
26th August 2009, 07:01 PM
I'll be there too

Scottie
26th August 2009, 07:44 PM
what time are you guys going for. I'm thinking if they have numbers they reckon (1000+) attend then they will be short of parking space.

KenL
26th August 2009, 07:55 PM
what time are you guys going for. I'm thinking if they have numbers they reckon (1000+) attend then they will be short of parking space.

I won't be going for that reason. Will have a nose by some other day.

Scottie
26th August 2009, 09:01 PM
I won't be going for that reason. Will have a nose by some other day.

nothing much to see well that's what I thought on Tuesday anyway. I said to Victoria that they should have had better cars in the showroom they were all a bit bland.

They have the restored Isetta which looks great in the BMW part of the building.

The BMW bit reminds me of Woodmans a wee bit.

Bumble
26th August 2009, 10:41 PM
not sure what time I'll be there as yet

Craig
26th August 2009, 10:47 PM
nothing much to see well that's what I thought on Tuesday anyway. I said to Victoria that they should have had better cars in the showroom they were all a bit bland.

They have the restored Isetta which looks great in the BMW part of the building.

The BMW bit reminds me of Woodmans a wee bit.

have they got all the MINI roofs in the showroom? Victoria said they were going to have a load of them hanging from the roof with various roof graphics on them... ;)

I won't be due to a golf day out, but will prob be along soon to have a nosey.:yes nod:

Mini_Disaster
27th August 2009, 01:39 PM
I wes there last week, the showroom was unfinished (BMW & MINI) & the cars were nothing to write about. All the ones outside (MINI) were COVERED in scratches some only a year or 2 old.:eek:

Got my M3 booked in to get the parking sensors fixed next week so hopefully the showroom will have all the snaggings finished & the used cars looking better cared for.

Scottie
28th August 2009, 10:28 PM
went and had a look at the WC50 nothing special with that car then.

Had my eye of a wee cooper S that I saw for Allan:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Fi, did they manage to get all 1000 folk parked up?

We were planning to go, but by the time we got home from Liverpool we were shattered.:sad:

A.

Scottie
28th August 2009, 11:02 PM
they sure did was well organised all their cars were moved of the lot and they had parking attendants directing you to a place to park.

The BMW part was rubbish I thought the Mini bit was better only had the WC50 to look at and a Cooper D and a Cooper S.

I will be going back in a couple of weeks to look at the Camden and Mayfair and maybe a test drive in the Camden;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 11:07 PM
Cool.

A.:thumbs up:

joec73
29th August 2009, 08:13 AM
we were there last night as well .
new place is a better set up compared to old site.

the w50 didnt do much for me either there was nicer parked in the car park imho.

Scottie
29th August 2009, 09:33 AM
we were there last night as well .
new place is a better set up compared to old site.

the w50 didnt do much for me either there was nicer parked in the car park imho.

I saw a checkmate coming in but no NMS sticker on the back:hand::smilewinkgrin:

Craig
29th August 2009, 09:57 AM
they sure did was well organised all their cars were moved of the lot and they had parking attendants directing you to a place to park.

The BMW part was rubbish I thought the Mini bit was better only had the WC50 to look at and a Cooper D and a Cooper S.

I will be going back in a couple of weeks to look at the Camden and Mayfair and maybe a test drive in the Camden;)

we will be going along for a drive in the Camden... :Whistle:

zimbo
29th August 2009, 10:24 AM

Wanting rid of your S already :rolleyes:

joec73
29th August 2009, 11:19 AM
I saw a checkmate coming in but no NMS sticker on the back:hand::smilewinkgrin:

Yeah that would be me
not got the sticker yet.:blush:

Your were not the only one to notice the car coming in.
As we got to the door last night the guy who previously had the car was waiting to ask if we had recently bought the car from eastern.
he had traded it in against a 3 series and was gutted to see it again;).

thought that was excellent, whats the chances

Where was your car parked mate?
notice a few last night i had seen pictures of on here.

Scottie
29th August 2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah that would be me
not got the sticker yet.:blush:

Your were not the only one to notice the car coming in.
As we got to the door last night the guy who previously had the car was waiting to ask if we had recently bought the car from eastern.
he had traded it in against a 3 series and was gutted to see it again;).

thought that was excellent, whats the chances

Where was your car parked mate?
notice a few last night i had seen pictures of on here.

my car was parked the first row as you walked between the BMW and the Mini buildings. Would have been on your left as your walked towards the BMW building.

Scottie
29th August 2009, 11:26 AM

mind me not to buy the one you test drive then as it's sure to be full of faults:p:smilewinkgrin::rolleyes::hand::moonie:

joec73
29th August 2009, 01:12 PM
is that the one with the thorne plate.
if so we spotted it and got to say it is very tastefully done.
very nice indeed

Scottie
29th August 2009, 05:21 PM
is that the one with the thorne plate.
if so we spotted it and got to say it is very tastefully done.
very nice indeed

Thats me:clap::bigwave:

Craig
29th August 2009, 07:17 PM
mind me not to buy the one you test drive then as it's sure to be full of faults:p:smilewinkgrin::rolleyes::hand::moonie:

aint that the truth...! :rolleyes::laugh: