PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill Track Night

madbaz
27th July 2009, 11:49 PM
My car club are hosting some track nights at Knockhill, 6th August and 3rd September are the remaining two this year. We are open to guests so if anyone is intersted in joining us for 2 hours of good clean, open pit lane fun, please call me on 07803 131569. You don't need to be in a race car, or even a Mini, so long as it's a car!

Cheers
Baz

Hamish
1st August 2009, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

Unless Barry can get the numbers up for the tracknght this coming thursday by the end of this weekend he will have no choice but to cancel.

I can really vouch for Barrys track nights, they are excellent... open pits and normally plenty of opportunity for a clear track.

Also, if anyone is worried about going on a track night then I can say Barrys are normally very civilised and the other drivers on the track are curteous and non-aggressive if overtaking slower cars.

Hope we can get the numbers up so Barry can still hold this night... he works hard to provide a fun night for track enthusiasts.

Hopefully see some NMS people there.

Cheers

Hamish

stoney
1st August 2009, 09:18 PM
i would love to be there but it my wedding day so its a no go for me

countdown
1st August 2009, 09:19 PM
ill be in touch;)

madbaz
3rd August 2009, 04:10 PM
Good news, it's on for sure. Thanks to all who've got in touch.

Cheers
Baz

GCA3N
3rd August 2009, 04:15 PM

Excuses excuses I am sure you could find the time!:Whistle:

Forbes
3rd August 2009, 04:21 PM

It is the first time you can properly use the "If you love me you would let me..." :lol:

countdown
3rd August 2009, 04:35 PM
Im looking forward to this:cool:

Any other NMSers going?

Hamish
3rd August 2009, 07:06 PM
Im looking forward to this:cool:

Any other NMSers going?

Yup countdown, I'll be there... come say hi, car number 8 :thumbs up:

GCA3N
3rd August 2009, 07:56 PM
We I am moving house on Friday is anyone intending on the 3rd September date.

Hamish
3rd August 2009, 08:00 PM
We I am moving house on Friday is anyone intending on the 3rd September date.

yup i'll be there :D

GCA3N
3rd August 2009, 08:16 PM
yup i'll be there :D

I might try and go, bit harder than b4 now. Also more expensive. What happens on these days have never been to one.

countdown
3rd August 2009, 10:55 PM
Yup countdown, I'll be there... come say hi, car number 8 :thumbs up:

Nice one, yeah ill be over to say hi, feel free to share some tips, first time on the track:eek:

Considering I survive this i'll probably put my name down for the 3rd as well;)

Knox18
4th August 2009, 09:15 AM
I'll be at the 3rd of September one, I'll be using a mini but not mine :thumbs up:

Hamish
4th August 2009, 09:16 AM
Nice one, yeah ill be over to say hi, feel free to share some tips, first time on the track:eek:

Considering I survive this i'll probably put my name down for the 3rd as well;)

haha, you dont wanna ask me for tips... first race I had I managed to T-bone another mini at about 70, lol, suppose one big bit of advice is maybe run behind me lol :thumbs up:

Nah, just kidding, there'll be loads of track night regulars about and everyone is very friendly and helpful... probably the biggest bit of advice I could give is just take your time, learn the track and get comfortable, speed will come.

Also... a MASSIVE thing to instill in your mind... if it is wet or has been raining... DO NOT GO NEAR THE WHITE LINES OR KERBS, very very slippy lol

If you like there will be a couple of knowledgeable guys there who would be more than happy to sit passenger and give you some pointers.

Have fun! Should be a good night.

Greig... basically its just like an open pit, go on and off track as much as you want over the two hours.

You'd like it... if i'm at the next one I'll get a passenger seat put in :thumbs up:

countdown
4th August 2009, 07:08 PM
Cheers :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah i'll go easy for a few laps get to know the track then i'll wizz past you:knife:

Really hope it stays dry, dont fancy it if its raining:eek:

Hamish
4th August 2009, 07:49 PM
Cheers :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah i'll go easy for a few laps get to know the track then i'll wizz past you:knife:

Really hope it stays dry, dont fancy it if its raining:eek:

its actually great fun in the wet, to be honest I kinda prefer it lol, although I think i'm in the minority haha.

Nah, i'm hoping for dry track on thursday too, need to get some dry times checked.

Was also trying to get a spare seat in so I could take my sister round but no joy, our spare is loaned out to someone at the moment, but hopefully get one in for the september track night if any1's there but doesnt want to take their car round. :thumbs up:

Knox18
4th August 2009, 10:23 PM
its actually great fun in the wet, to be honest I kinda prefer it lol, although I think i'm in the minority haha.

Nah, i'm hoping for dry track on thursday too, need to get some dry times checked.

Was also trying to get a spare seat in so I could take my sister round but no joy, our spare is loaned out to someone at the moment, but hopefully get one in for the september track night if any1's there but doesnt want to take their car round. :thumbs up:

the car im driving on the september night has 2 seats in it so you can rob my spare sparco evo + frame + harnesses if you want :thumbs up:

Hamish
5th August 2009, 09:21 AM
the car im driving on the september night has 2 seats in it so you can rob my spare sparco evo + frame + harnesses if you want :thumbs up:

Perfect dude... thanks for that, that would be ace... although I might be in the passenger seat of yours for a few laps ;) :thumbs up:

Knox18
5th August 2009, 09:53 AM
Perfect dude... thanks for that, that would be ace... although I might be in the passenger seat of yours for a few laps ;) :thumbs up:

no bother, there is a queue :thumbs up:

Hamish
5th August 2009, 09:55 AM
no bother, there is a queue :thumbs up:

haha, long as I'm near the front matey! :thumbs up:

Knox18
5th August 2009, 09:56 AM
haha, long as I'm near the front matey! :thumbs up:

you bored at work or something? sitting on the thread :lol:

just getting ready to go to the airport :moonie:

Hamish
5th August 2009, 10:14 AM
you bored at work or something? sitting on the thread :lol:

just getting ready to go to the airport :moonie:

cheers for that, rub it in!!! Yeah I am... I'm also d4mn jealous too! Safe journey and have fun... if you cant be good... be careful :cool:

waugh67
5th August 2009, 07:46 PM
Can`t make it on Thursday as we are still trying to sort out my gearbox problems but count me in on the 3rd if you still have space

Hamish
5th August 2009, 08:04 PM
Can`t make it on Thursday as we are still trying to sort out my gearbox problems but count me in on the 3rd if you still have space

Whats the story Alan??? Is there something else on the car causing a problem with the gearbox? ... nightmare, sorry to hear.

waugh67
5th August 2009, 09:30 PM
It is just gearboxes, the rest of the car is fine, between Mark and I we broke gearboxes 3 times @ the speedfair (first time was repaired 2 & 3 were terminal) and our spare boxes are also acting up:argh::argh::argh:

Craig
5th August 2009, 09:31 PM
It is just gearboxes, the rest of the car is fine, between Mark and I we broke gearboxes 3 times @ the speedfair (first time was repaired 2 & 3 were terminal) and our spare boxes are also acting up:argh::argh::argh:

not great news Alan - hope you and Mark get it sorted soon. :thumbs up:

Hamish
5th August 2009, 09:35 PM
not great news Alan - hope you and Mark get it sorted soon. :thumbs up:

yeah I'll second that... hope it all gets sorted soon for you guys. :thumbs up:

waugh67
5th August 2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for that, we have got Mr Craig Noble:thumbs up: on the job and every confidence that he will get it sorted!:yes nod:

madbaz
5th August 2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, there's plenty space left in September! I haven't even thought about that yet!

See some of you there tomorrow

Baz

doogz__
6th August 2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be along tonight in the blue and white R56.

Not taking it on track though, but i'm stealing a go of madbaz's car :)

See some of you later on.

madbaz
7th August 2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks to those who came out. It was a great night, good turnout, lovely weather and as far as I know only one short red flag period (sadly that was for me, my car managed 6 laps before emptying the coolant via the cylinders:argh: Sorry Doogz, maybe next time)

Next track night is Thursday 3rd September.

Cheers
Baz

Hamish
7th August 2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks to those who came out. It was a great night, good turnout, lovely weather and as far as I know only one short red flag period (sadly that was for me, my car managed 6 laps before emptying the coolant via the cylinders:argh: Sorry Doogz, maybe next time)

Next track night is Thursday 3rd September.

Cheers
Baz

Barry, on behalf of everyone on NMS who went along and also myself, thanks very much to you and the team for organising an excellent track night.

I really did have a superb time and it was a very productive test.

Also, very sorry to see your car getting towed in, I feel for you mate... hope it gets sorted for you.

See you September, consider me booked in, entry form will follow to you soon :thumbs up:

countdown
7th August 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks to Barry for organising it, it was great fun.

I liked the safety briefing, anyone who is a novice put there hand up, I was the only one lol

Cheers for the tips and advice on the track Baz, it really helped and made a difference:thumbs up:

Everyone was friendly and courtous on the track which was great:cool:

Just need to fix my car at the weekend - replace exhaust hanger, replace melted trim on bumper, boost line came away from the fuel regulator, and replace the pads which are now metal to metal :p

Sorry about your car Barry...I wondered who had caused the red flag.

I definately fancy going again, was good fun:smilewinkgrin:

Hamish
7th August 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks to Barry for organising it, it was great fun.

I liked the safety briefing, anyone who is a novice put there hand up, I was the only one lol

Cheers for the tips and advice on the track Baz, it really helped and made a difference:thumbs up:

Everyone was friendly and courtous on the track which was great:cool:

Just need to fix my car at the weekend - replace exhaust hanger, replace melted trim on bumper, boost line came away from the fuel regulator, and replace the pads which are now metal to metal :p

Sorry about your car Barry...I wondered who had caused the red flag.

I definately fancy going again, was good fun:smilewinkgrin:

was good to meet you... see you at the next one, should have a passenger seat in by then :thumbs up:

countdown
7th August 2009, 03:12 PM
was good to meet you... see you at the next one, should have a passenger seat in by then :thumbs up:

Was good meeting you as well Hamish, yeah if you get in a passenger seat I wouldnt mind a blast, its the best way to learn if you see how it should be done:thumbs up: