PDA

View Full Version : iPhone sync issue

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2009, 12:41 AM
Whenever I sync my iPhone my PC tries to install Microsoft Outlook. I obviously have a cut down or trial version on my PC which must have been on there from Dell, but I don't use it, and when I sync, it tries to install further software and goes looking for the disc etc., and it keeps doing this for about 5 cycles before it realises I don't have the disc.

I suspect my contacts are not being backed up because I don't have Outlook.

Any idea how else I can back up my contacts?

A.

Gismo
25th July 2009, 09:33 AM
Do you use outlook express, should be included on your machine and should be a full version

Gismo
25th July 2009, 09:40 AM
If you dont want to synch to Outlook at all then select your phone in iTunes and go to the info tab and under contacts select the contacts drop down box and you have a choice of other synch options

Forbes
25th July 2009, 01:36 PM
Try doing a manual sync

AndyP & Lenore
26th July 2009, 12:04 AM
Cheers for the responses guys!:thumbs up:

Do you use outlook express, should be included on your machine and should be a full version

I do, but it's not an option to sync to OE - see below.

If you dont want to synch to Outlook at all then select your phone in iTunes and go to the info tab and under contacts select the contacts drop down box and you have a choice of other synch options

There are a few syncing options there, but OE isn't one of them. However, even if it was I wouldn't want it syncing to OE anyway - waaaaay too many contacts in there from my ReacherCreatures site (about two thousand!!). Would make finding close contacts a nightmare.

One other Sync option I think was Google Mail. Don't really use Google Mail so that's no use either.

Try doing a manual sync

Always do Manual sync's Ben. It's stopped asking to install Outlook as I've told it NOT to sync contacts, but that only hides the problem. The main problem is it's not syncing my contacts.

Does anyone use MobileMe from Apple?

A.