PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky wipers!

RyanK
24th July 2009, 07:50 PM
They are doing my napper in. :ragin:

Anyone know of a fix for this. Did the obvious and purchased new wipers and still no joy. Ive got bosch super plus's or something, are the aero ones better?

Or are the R53's tendant to squeaking from wipers as opposed to my R50 which never did :rolleyes:

Fester
24th July 2009, 08:01 PM
Have you cleaned your windscreen with anything different??

This may sound daft but cut a potato in half and rub it down the blade, this used to work but havent tried it in a looooooooong time.

t18tav
24th July 2009, 08:11 PM
Rainex your windscreen mate that will sort it. :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
24th July 2009, 08:27 PM
I found Bosch to be rubbish for mini wipers... cant seem to get better than the dealer supplied blades i got :confused:

I ended up getting silicon wipers tho, they were mut's nuts ;)

GCA3N
24th July 2009, 08:45 PM
Clean with vinegar, wipers and window

RyanK
25th July 2009, 12:44 AM
Cheers folks will try all the above tomorrow.

Silicon wipers baz? Are those the aero flat designed ones?

Thanks!

AeroJonny
25th July 2009, 05:23 AM
Baz is right...the Bosch ones are sh1te, they scraped my windscreen after initially being great

Bazthemod
25th July 2009, 12:54 PM
You might get them in that style but they are just made of silicon and come with a treatment to wipe on the window. Bit like rainx, it causes the water to bead ... wipers are also silent too.

Im happy enough with the original wipers for now on mine, i replace mine every year regardless anyway. :smilewinkgrin:

KenL
26th July 2009, 03:25 PM
Of the ones I've tried (flat blade (not good as the MINI screen is very curved at the left edge) and some other type from one of the online dealers), the oem MINI ones seem the best to me. Not expensive either especially with a sponsor discount ;)