PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Bonnet

t18tav
24th July 2009, 12:10 AM
I am thinking about getting a Carbon Bonnet to replace my dented one and was wanting some comments on it yes or no?

RyanK
24th July 2009, 12:14 AM
Yes imo, I am wanting one aswell so if you find a supplier give me a bell

Forbes
24th July 2009, 01:32 AM
Siebon in the states seem to get a decent reputation. Looks good, but needs performance to match it otherwise is OTT

AeroJonny
24th July 2009, 06:14 AM
I am thinking about getting a Carbon Bonnet to replace my dented one and was wanting some comments on it yes or no?

thumbs up from me, it's worth painting at least part of it or it looks a bit out of place though

doogz__
24th July 2009, 09:49 AM
If you're going to paint it, i'd say go for a fibreglass one, save some cash whilst still saving some weight. If it's going to be unpainted, the rest of the car can't be bog standard looking or it'll look out of place.

In my opinion, of course.

t18tav
24th July 2009, 01:16 PM
I was going to leave it unpainted and there are a few other things done to the car like diffrent wheels and planning on putting the aero grill on aswell.

t18tav
24th July 2009, 01:21 PM
Yes imo, I am wanting one aswell so if you find a supplier give me a bell

this is the one i have found on

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/carbonmanufacturer1__W0QQ_armrsZ1

just search mini cooper s

Hamish
24th July 2009, 01:49 PM
wow, that looks awesome... pricey tho... would you get the CF scoop and mirror covers too?

t18tav
24th July 2009, 02:35 PM
wow, that looks awesome... pricey tho... would you get the CF scoop and mirror covers too?

just the bonnet just now and spray the scoop black but when the coins let me i will lol other thins getting done just now that are costing aswell :yes nod: well i think i am going to order the bonnet soon. so Ryan you can veiw before you buy. :thumbs up:

Hamish
24th July 2009, 03:11 PM
thats cool, u'll hav to get some pics up once its on... is ur scoop red just now? Wonder what that would look on the CF bonnet with red scoop. Could be HIT or serious MISSSSS! lol, be interesting to see it though

t18tav
24th July 2009, 03:18 PM
thats cool, u'll hav to get some pics up once its on... is ur scoop red just now? Wonder what that would look on the CF bonnet with red scoop. Could be HIT or serious MISSSSS! lol, be interesting to see it though

I will give it a go take some pics and see what people think if it aint to bad lol
but i think you ar right it will be a hit or a really bad miss.

Forbes
24th July 2009, 03:27 PM
Will look awesome. White might work? Just with your roof and wheels. Get the white bonnet stripes again.

RyanK
24th July 2009, 03:31 PM
so Ryan you can veiw before you buy. :thumbs up:

:cool:

Nice one, looks biz from the ad. Will suit your car well

Too much coin for me at the moment got other things that are priority

t18tav
24th July 2009, 03:37 PM
Will look awesome. White might work? Just with your roof and wheels. Get the white bonnet stripes again.

was thinking white aswell not wanting the stripes though was going to get rid of them in the first place when i got a new bonnet.

Forbes
24th July 2009, 03:39 PM
Stripes might work. Try different Scoop colours.

t18tav
24th July 2009, 03:45 PM
ye what i will do is put it in red take a pic then use photo shop to edit it and see what i and everyone think.:thumbs up:

Hamish
24th July 2009, 04:35 PM
yeah i actually just thought of white then red that post suggesting white, i'd noticed ur roof and mirror caps etc... could work looking forward to some photoshopping lol :D

GCA3N
24th July 2009, 05:42 PM
I'll be honest I am not sure what it will look like. What I would say is it is your car if you like it then go for it. It will certainly be unique.

Forbes
24th July 2009, 05:50 PM
Think there is only a couple in the UK. I can think of a yellow Mini that has one.

Get it done!

Hamish
24th July 2009, 06:32 PM
think it'll look good, wonder what a white one would look like with a carbon fibre bonnet, mmmmh

t18tav
24th July 2009, 07:26 PM
I am def going to get it done just getting the engine done first cos i want more BHP lol will post pics once it is on thinking it will be next month:thumbs up:

RyanK
24th July 2009, 07:52 PM
actually. scratch the bonnet and get a set of coilovers! not that the bonnet wont look good but i think it would look illy dropped with an aero grill

t18tav
24th July 2009, 08:10 PM
that will be getting done aswell mate just it is really pi**ing me off every time i look at my car seeing a dent.:ragin:

GCA3N
24th July 2009, 08:46 PM
think it'll look good, wonder what a white one would look like with a carbon fibre bonnet, mmmmh

Mmmmm, sounds nice

RyanK
25th July 2009, 12:43 AM
that will be getting done aswell mate just it is really pi**ing me off every time i look at my car seeing a dent.:ragin:

oops yeh sorry forgot about the dent :thumbs up: