PDA

View Full Version : Translation required

Neil and Lorna
23rd July 2009, 10:01 PM
Had a wee bit of a challenge today trying to work out what this guy from one of the Film companies was saying.

Excerpt from email below.

Please note that due to some systemic issues the original invoices got credited and revised for incorrect amounts. Hence we again revised the incorrect revised invoices and mention the 2nd revised invoice on the remittance sheet while making payment.

:frown::frown::frown::frown:

Anybody out there fluent in gibberish. :D:D

Neil. :D:D:thumbs up:

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 10:02 PM
Brilliant, did you pay :Whistle:

Neil and Lorna
23rd July 2009, 10:06 PM
Brilliant, did you pay :Whistle:

Once we've worked out which revised invoice thats not been credited or revised again we might. :thumbs up:

Neil.

Scottie
23rd July 2009, 10:08 PM
the original invoice was in correct.

The debit they put through to correct the original invoice was also incorrect.

So they had to debit that and raise another credit invoice to you.

This can been seen on the remittance that we have sent you.

can you tell I work in purchase ledger where a debit is a credit and a credit is a debit.

Although as they use the term remittance its more than likely they are paying you money, so that would be sales where a credit is a credit and a debit is a debit.

Have I made it any clearer for you.:Whistle:

Neil and Lorna
23rd July 2009, 10:17 PM
the original invoice was in correct.

The debit they put through to correct the original invoice was also incorrect.

So they had to debit that and raise another credit invoice to you.

This can been seen on the remittance that we have sent you.

can you tell I work in purchase ledger where a debit is a credit and a credit is a debit.

Although as they use the term remittance its more than likely they are paying you money, so that would be sales where a credit is a credit and a debit is a debit.

Not really but I'm Getting there I think, maybe not.:eek::eek:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Neil.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2009, 11:22 PM

Film companies never pay us - ever, ever, ever. Even if we overpay (seldom happens), they hold it and set it against future invoices. We once overpaid (not naming the Distributor) just over £700. They held on to it for 7 months until their next film came around.:frown:

A.