PDA

View Full Version : Time To Spill The Beans

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 06:38 PM
Well i guess i've had a fair few folks guessing as to why i've put up so many major items for sale recently...................:rolleyes:

Julie and I have decided that we are gonna try for a new life in the good old US of A :thumbs up:

Very early stages in the visa application front but we expect to move over by March 2010.

Livi
23rd July 2009, 06:46 PM
Very well done Alan! :clap:

life will be much better than this place! :rolleyes:

Ferengo
23rd July 2009, 06:59 PM
Nice one! Any City/State in mind? Don't over indulge in the Twinkies :thumbs up:

leeg87
23rd July 2009, 07:03 PM
you work in oil (I assume) and you are planning moving to the states to continue working with oil? Have you worked with americans? :laugh:

Good luck though...where you hoping to move to?

Audio Advice
23rd July 2009, 07:13 PM
Good luck Alan

Shame to see you go and after all the work you have done etc; with your wee car but great to see someone with the guts to proper go for it. I love the States and would love do the same but the wife feels the opposite so c'est la vie! But hey - all the very best and the very best of luck.

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh? :thumbs up:

Cheers

Iain

TheDoctor46
23rd July 2009, 07:30 PM
Well i guess i've had a fair few folks guessing as to why i've put up so many major items for sale recently...................:rolleyes:

Julie and I have decided that we are gonna try for a new life in the good old US of A :thumbs up:

Very early stages in the visa application front but we expect to move over by March 2010.

Well done mate, only wish i had the balls to do it!!!!:thumbs up:

Don't over indulge in the Twinkies :thumbs up:

Mmmmmmmmm, Twinkies!!!!! :popcorn:

Sheilz
23rd July 2009, 08:02 PM
Best of luck. I do admire your courage in taking such a huge step. I guess everyone is pretty excited about the move. So very soon one very sweet little mini will be homeless. What a shame!

Mini Ecosse
23rd July 2009, 08:03 PM
Good luck, hope all works out for you both :thumbs up:

Not keeping a car here to come back over for some runs:lol::lol:

Scottie
23rd July 2009, 08:04 PM
Good for you. :thumbs up: Big changes. Take it your going via work visa or family visa mind you once you have sold all those cars it could be via investment:p:p

What state just so we know where our first overseas MINI run will be.

Anyhow the best part is your only a key click away from some friendly banter on the site whether your in Montrose or over the pond in the states.:thumbs up:

Just top up in the black ball point pens for all the forms:smilewinkgrin:

edited: I can garage your Mini for you and take it out on a daily run

GCA3N
23rd July 2009, 08:06 PM
All the very best mate, you'll be very much missed. I presume you will just run the site from there.

bigcoyote
23rd July 2009, 08:07 PM
What state???? If its here in Arizona I can hook you up with the local MINI club, a truly great group of people. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
23rd July 2009, 08:34 PM
Good luck Alan, ballsy decision but I'm sure you have no problem finding work over there. Is it the Gulf or somewhere else?

Crombers
23rd July 2009, 08:38 PM
BIG changes eh :clap:, the very best of luck to you both :yes nod:

Going forward what's your plans/interests for NMS ?

illegalhunter
23rd July 2009, 08:55 PM
Lucky you

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words and comments.

We are looking to move to Pensacola Florida, northern tip, not the tourist area.

I can easily run NMS from over the pond, i have a great team behind me and others more than willing to lend a hand.
I'm open to suggestions if the members would prefer a more visible owner, i certainly don't want the site to suffer just cause i'm no here.

It really is all electronic really, so, i guess, everything has it's price, if anyone wants to buy me out :Whistle:

Also, meant to say, i'll still be working in Baku, jut travelling a wee bit further

The Dogfather
23rd July 2009, 09:30 PM
Run it from the states, its not that much further than Baku :D

You've not done a bad job of it since you took it over so I'd be sorry to see it change hands.

Scottie
23rd July 2009, 09:55 PM
well you have done fine from Baku I see America as being no different than Montrose.

Wouldn't think many folks will mind at all.:thumbs up:

Not like you done that many runs:p:p:p:p anyway

I'm kidding:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

anyway the site is alot more than just about going on runs I would say.:thumbs up:

RyanK
23rd July 2009, 10:59 PM
All the best Alan with the move! Florida is beautiful. Would love to live in America, just something about it over there.

You going to have a Mini over there then?

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 11:11 PM
You going to have a Mini over there then?Don't think so, i've bought a 2006 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Ltd Edition truck :thumbs up:

Stewart
23rd July 2009, 11:15 PM
Hope to meet you on the Argyll & Bute IV Run......

RyanK
23rd July 2009, 11:37 PM
Don't think so, i've bought a 2006 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Ltd Edition truck :thumbs up:

Sweet :cool:

Fair beast of a thing and looks cool as

AeroJonny
24th July 2009, 06:18 AM
What state???? If its here in Arizona I can hook you up with the local MINI club, a truly great group of people. :thumbs up:

which local mini club, arent there a couple? I'm living in Goodyear, AZ as we speak.

Good luck Alan, I'm out here until November and if there's anything I can do to help from this side of the pond, just let me know!

euan
24th July 2009, 07:50 AM
Well, good luck with the move, big decision but anywhere has to better than Baku ;-)

Big Gordy
24th July 2009, 08:46 AM
Also, meant to say, i'll still be working in Baku, jut travelling a wee bit further

You'll fair rack up the air miles:Whistle:
Good luck Al:thumbs up: like Fi says we now know where our first oversees mini visit will be:bigwave:(obviously without our mini's:rolleyes:)

Hamish
24th July 2009, 08:52 AM
hey Alan, good luck with ur move matey... America is fantastic, I love it there, I reckon if I was going to move location the states would be the place for me too!

Wish you all the best, I definitely think you should remain owner and controller of the site, just goes yer hunners n hunners o miles away lol, it'll be nice still to be in touch with you.

All the best.

Hamish

NorthSea888
24th July 2009, 09:23 AM
I felt the same thing when we decided to move from far east to the UK(scotland). I am used of working overseas but taking the family with you is another worry. But everything will be alright as long as you do your homework in organizing everything. Also, try to make a fall back plan just in case...
All the best!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

MINI William
24th July 2009, 10:01 AM
Alan & Julie

All the best with the move over to Florida :smilewinkgrin:.America is an amazing place:thumbs up:.

john
24th July 2009, 10:49 AM
DESERTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

zimbo
24th July 2009, 11:12 AM
:eek: :thud:oh dear oh dear.... Who am I going to go on bike runs with now then? lol

Just kidding Alan, well I wish you and Julie the very best with your move to the old US of A, I would love to do it too!! Will need to look into the entry criterior for the USA and see if it is possible :cool:

I love it over there, been in California and the 'Tourist' part of Florida.

You'll need to email me what your thinking prices wise for your "S" and what ever else you think I might be tempted in taking off your hands so to speak. You know they will be in good hands.

ALL THE BEST GUYS

weefossy
24th July 2009, 01:59 PM
Big move with lots to think about, just to get a good tan. I'm sure Julie will love it.
Let me know who's buying your car, maybe they'll sell me the seats :D

all the best from Mom & Dad

dellie
24th July 2009, 02:13 PM
Good luck with your new adventure!

t18tav
24th July 2009, 03:00 PM
Yes good luck with the adventure it sure ain't a mini one that is for sure lol

camjay
24th July 2009, 06:10 PM
Good for you :thumbs up: Wishing you the very best of luck with your new life in America. ;)

sedgie
24th July 2009, 07:00 PM
Good Luck:thumbs up:

audrey
24th July 2009, 11:09 PM
Best of luck :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
24th July 2009, 11:19 PM
Good for you, very brave move. I hope all goes well for you.

Lesley

D3 JDA
25th July 2009, 08:35 PM
All the best alan on your new adventure hope everything goes well.David & Fiona.:thumbs up::clap::bigwave:

Craig
25th July 2009, 08:39 PM
Feck sake, I go away for a few days with no t'internet access and boss is deserting to over the pond ! :thud:

All the best to you and julie (and however else may be going along). and that motor you have bought would have been first on my shopping list along with the Road King Classic to go with it... ;)

I hope everything works out for you out there... The merchandise will be fine in my hands... ;) (anyone fancy a new logo... lol :laugh:)

Colin
25th July 2009, 09:29 PM
All the best with the BIG move, hope it all works out for you :thumbs up:

Ally S
25th July 2009, 11:32 PM
All the best - hope the visa process goes well.

AndyP & Lenore
26th July 2009, 08:57 AM
Best of luck Alan and Julie.:D

Julz
27th July 2009, 01:19 PM
My word, I disappear off the face of the earth for, well, quite a while and this is what I miss!!! You guys will have to keep in touch and if you're planning a wee farewell gathering, be sure and give us a shout!! :thumbs up:

Hmmm, the ultimate test, can you get a mini as manky in the states as you can on the Angus roads??:clap:

Incase I take another year to come back on here for a visit, best of luck and give my love to your Julie!!!:p

shaunbhoy67
27th July 2009, 09:08 PM
good luck with life in the states mate and florida is a beautiful place hope the move all goes well and the truck sounds a monster :lol:

Gaz B
27th July 2009, 10:03 PM
Good luck dude:thumbs up: ( in my best American accent!:p)

Smitty
28th July 2009, 07:26 AM
Good luck Sir - i'll need to grab those pieces of dash from your before you are deported ;)

mini saltire
29th July 2009, 07:33 AM
All the very best to you both Alan. Something me and the family would love to do one day.

Gismo
27th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Next stage of the process completed, finalised the house purchase

House (http://activerain.com/blogsview/1188678/9904-eleral-drive-pensacola-fl-32526-new-subdivision)

Scottie
27th August 2009, 09:01 PM
I clicked on local weather tab:cool:

are you renting your house out here.

Gismo
27th August 2009, 09:10 PM
I clicked on local weather tab:cool:

are you renting your house out here.Yes, thats the plan to rent out and use for pension when i retire

The Dogfather
27th August 2009, 09:13 PM
Cool need a big fence to keep the gators out? ;)

Scottie
27th August 2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, thats the plan to rent out and use for pension when i retire

cool. That's what I would do.

The backyard is crying out for a swimming pool me thinks.

So when are we all invited round for a barbecue.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
27th August 2009, 09:15 PM
Cool need a big fence to keep the gators out? ;)

actually I just thinking about that is there snakes and stuff like that there:eek::eek:

The Dogfather
27th August 2009, 09:24 PM
Oh, yes - they have a real problem with imported pythons that are release when they get too big as they kill all the younger gators.

Mind you there'll be the indigenous venomous one's as well - Rattlesnakes, Cottonmouth, Copperhead and Coral Snake.

Still, not as bad as Oz

Gismo
27th August 2009, 09:30 PM
Cool need a big fence to keep the gators out? ;)Once the shrub is cleared i have a 105 yard long back garden :eek:

Gismo
27th August 2009, 09:31 PM
The backyard is crying out for a swimming pool me thinksAlready in negotiation :thumbs up:

Scottie
27th August 2009, 09:34 PM
Oh, yes - they have a real problem with imported pythons that are release when they get too big as they kill all the younger gators.

Mind you there'll be the indigenous venomous one's as well - Rattlesnakes, Cottonmouth, Copperhead and Coral Snake.

Still, not as bad as Oz

yikes:eek::eek: I was bad enough when I stayed at home with my parents with the adders and they are pretty laid back snakes.

The Dogfather
27th August 2009, 09:54 PM
I'd be more worried about the sharks, I'm lying if I saw a snake I'd run a mile.

Alan, you should be able to do some storm chasing over there :D

Stewart
27th August 2009, 10:01 PM
I did that in Florida a few years back, just acted like I did here and was taking the shortest route over some high grass. It was only when I got out I thought that was a bit thick there is fecking snakes about………went to Gatorland the next day and the guy was telling us about all the snakes and I hate snakes. Also eating a Gator Burger when the things are watching you aint fun either. :frown:

Like the house:thumbs up:, so your land at the back does not end at that Grass line……..:eek:

Gismo
27th August 2009, 10:19 PM
Like the house:thumbs up:, so your land at the back does not end at that Grass line……..:eek:Nope, goes way back, seemingly house builders do that, build houses and clear so much of the back and then the new owner has to clear it

audrey
27th August 2009, 10:39 PM
Lovely house hope you will both be very happy there :D:D

Craig
28th August 2009, 07:26 AM
all the best with the new house Alan and Julie :thumbs up:

I see you kept it all on the flat as you dinnae want stairs at your age... ;):Whistle:

zimbo
28th August 2009, 09:56 AM
all the best with the new house Alan and Julie :thumbs up:

I see you kept it all on the flat as you dinnae want stairs at your age... ;):Whistle:

:laugh: Yes what he said, all the best boss. It looks like a really nice house Alan, im sure you and your Julie will be very happy in there and like Fiona has said think it only needs a pool and then you'll be sorted, I'll time my visit for when you have your pool in and ready to go :D

Once you've sorted your back garden out, with having so much space you could even have it converted into your own small golf course... :lol:

Scottie
28th August 2009, 01:07 PM
:laugh:

Once you've sorted your back garden out, with having so much space you could even have it converted into your own small golf course... :lol:

or a detailing bay for his cars and motorbikes.:Whistle::Whistle: