PDA

View Full Version : White Alloys and Break Dust

N16SHP
23rd July 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Guys,

This may have been covered, but couldn't find a thread that had exactly what i was looking for. My Crown spokes in white look awsome when i've cleaned the car, but within a day or two, the break dust build up is super annoying.

One of my mates suggested some wax he got from the States that apparently repells the dust. Has anyone got any good product that they can recommend?

japper
23rd July 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Guys,

This may have been covered, but couldn't find a thread that had exactly what i was looking for. My Crown spokes in white look awsome when i've cleaned the car, but within a day or two, the break dust build up is super annoying.

One of my mates suggested some wax he got from the States that apparently repells the dust. Has anyone got any good product that they can recommend?

No stopping the dust build up i'm afraid, but by far the best stuff i've used to ensure easy removal when washing is to build up multiple layers of Poorboys wheel sealant. Available from Polished Bliss in Kintore.

N16SHP
23rd July 2009, 11:45 AM
Nice one, i seen that stuff at Motorvation at Alford, may give them a phone and see what they say! Thanks for that!

Crombers
23rd July 2009, 05:13 PM
Jiff & a brillo :rolleyes:

ianking
23rd July 2009, 05:38 PM
Jiff & a brillo :rolleyes:

Do you never tire of saying that......:yawn::rolleyes:

On a more helpful note I would say that the poorboys wheel sealant is great stuff. Get the wheels really clean before you put it on though. Otherwise it will seal in the dirt.

Crombers
23rd July 2009, 05:40 PM

Nah :D

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 06:15 PM
Sorry to hijack, but, i got a bottle of poorboys wheel sealant for sale ;)

TheDoctor46
23rd July 2009, 06:17 PM
Antoher vote for Poorboys wheel sealant!!!!:thumbs up:
Havent used it on my White S spokes yet but there will be a good few layers going on them when they're refurbed!! :cool:

japper
23rd July 2009, 06:50 PM

On a more helpful note I would say that the poorboys wheel sealant is great stuff. Get the wheels really clean before you put it on though. Otherwise it will seal in the dirt.

Yep, give a good clean/polish/base coat with Jeffs Prime Strong........great stuff again.:D

GCA3N
23rd July 2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hijack, but, i got a bottle of poorboys wheel sealant for sale ;)

I'll take that alan pm me what you want for it.

Fester
24th July 2009, 07:55 PM
3rd vote for Poorboys, nothing will repell the dust but it does make it easier to clean.

Oh and make good friends with your local supplier of wheel cleaner, you'll need gallons if you want t o keep them white!!!!!

AeroJonny
24th July 2009, 08:58 PM
stop using yer brakes :P

Fester
24th July 2009, 09:38 PM

:clap::lol::eek:

dezzyS
27th July 2009, 11:09 AM
Another vote for Poorboy's wheel sealant :thumbs up: Been using it on black and silver wheels for years. If you can be bothered, stick 3 coats of it on - doesn't take long. You'll then just have to top it up with additional single coats maybe once every 2 or 3 months.

D

Crombers
28th July 2009, 11:30 AM

Stunning concept :thumbs up:

..S-J..
28th July 2009, 05:56 PM
Try Autosmart Tardis :thumbs up:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2epolishedbli ss%2eco%2euk%2f&WD=tardis&SHOP=%20&PN=autosmart%2dtardis%2dclean%2ehtml%23aAS1#aAS1