PDA

View Full Version : MINI Crossover to Get Countryman Badge

GP BILLY
22nd July 2009, 10:10 AM
Found this on MINI2 (I will have to buy it now;) 2 countrymans)

Countryman story (http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-news/173492-report-mini-crossover-get-countryman-badge.html)

Scottie
22nd July 2009, 10:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing this car finished. I saw a post the other showing the car with the came boot open system as the hatch and not the clubman

ELFMAN
23rd July 2009, 08:09 AM
The perfect vehicle for MINI drivers who have no real conception of what actually makes MINI great. Personally I can't wait for the JCW version.... always wanted a faster, big, fat, top-heavy Nissan Micra Estate. This 'car' is a prime example of a Marketing Dept allowed to run riot - Pure Automotive Sacrilege. That whirring sound you can hear when you drive your 'Countryman' is John Cooper turning in his grave.

Crombers
23rd July 2009, 08:44 AM
:eek: WTF

I'm with the Elfmeister on this one :frown:

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 09:09 AM
:eek: Wtf

i'm with the elfmeister on this one :frown: x 2

The Dogfather
23rd July 2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a repeat of the comments made when the Clubman came out, when the Gen 2 came out, when the new MINI came out and probably when the square front Clubman classic came out.

I'm going to wait and see, if its as good as the X5 and not an X3 then it might be OK. When it comes to size, when compared to a typical SUV it is pretty mini.

Sheilz
4th August 2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds like a repeat of the comments made when the Clubman came out, when the Gen 2 came out, when the new MINI came out and probably when the square front Clubman classic came out.

I'm going to wait and see, if its as good as the X5 and not an X3 then it might be OK. When it comes to size, when compared to a typical SUV it is pretty mini.

Agree with you Paul but you have to agree that mock up looks hideous. Mini and people carrier just dont sit comfortably in the same sentence.

C.Noble
4th August 2009, 01:55 PM
A MINI that can leave the grey stuff, bounce over kerbs with ease, drive accross deep loose surfaces without slowing down and travel at breakneck speeds over grass... I thought they all did that! :argh:

GCA3N
4th August 2009, 02:20 PM
I have to say I like it. If they do an s or jcw version I might look at it next year. In the end of the day a practical mini would be cool. :eek:

Bazthemod
4th August 2009, 02:50 PM
My Mum can't wait for this to come out, she had to give up her mini when she became a childminder so shes looking forward to a mini with 5 doors! :p

Latest renderings (http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/08/03/new-countryman-renderings-getting-closer-to-the-real-thing/)

Burple
4th August 2009, 03:58 PM
Hmm.. anyone else notice that the swirly Camo pics of the car on the road has 5 stud wheels? hmmm... :rolleyes:
No swapping of standard mini alloys there then if it's loosely based on the X1... :frown:

Forbes
4th August 2009, 04:47 PM
Looks like a Clubman Allroad sort of thing to me.

Not a fan, even bigger than standard Mini wheel gap

Sheilz
4th August 2009, 05:46 PM
My Mum can't wait for this to come out, she had to give up her mini when she became a childminder so shes looking forward to a mini with 5 doors! :p

Latest renderings (http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/08/03/new-countryman-renderings-getting-closer-to-the-real-thing/)

Reading the file you linked, I dont think its gonna be much use for a childminder - only seats four with suggestion there might be one that seats five.

That's not pretty at all. Might have a cool interior but that outside is just down right horrible.

Bazthemod
4th August 2009, 06:02 PM
She doesn't have that many brats at one time it's more about access to rear seats and space for a pram :hand::p

Everyone slated the clubman before it was released as it was 'ugly' but its grown on me and think this will fill the gap with people who love mini but go on to have kids and dogs etc.

Scottie
4th August 2009, 06:06 PM
well I like it and I will be having one.

and if they have an AWD COOPER S that will be my choice.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2009, 12:32 AM
well I like it and I will be having one.

and if they have an AWD COOPER S that will be my choice.

I'm kind of on the fence. I've seen some pics which are excellent, and I've seen some pics which are hideous. Those pics are not bad. Shame it has that rubbishy swirly paint job but it's obviously to conceal the finished look. Although I guess it could be a factory option for some.:eek:

If it end up looking like the decent pics I've seen I will deffo be wanting one. But I'd be waiting for a year or so after release so they can make it work properly first.:rolleyes:

A.:D

ajamesj
5th August 2009, 08:30 PM
I like this alot I was about to look into buying a bigger car for all our camping gear but might now hold off till this comes out

GCA3N
5th August 2009, 08:36 PM
I like this alot I was about to look into buying a bigger car for all our camping gear but might now hold off till this comes out

That was my thoughts too. Wonder if they will do a sporty version?

Bazthemod
5th August 2009, 09:12 PM
That was my thoughts too. Wonder if they will do a sporty version?

All Wheel Drive John Cooper Works... now that would be interesting :p

Scottie
26th August 2009, 02:48 PM
was speaking to Victoria at Eastern yesterday who saw a version of the countryman in May. Two seat option sounds good.

Can't wait.