PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S Parts

Hamish
22nd July 2009, 09:20 AM
Hi all,

Looking to price up some bits and pieces if anyone has anything spare, all for the Cooper S 2003 model in Silver, so if the body parts are the same colour it would be ideal, if not I can get painted.

Bonnet

Front Bumper (or aero etc that would fit the S)

Grill (standard or aero etc)

Both Radiators and Fans

Driver Door Glass

Coolant Expansion Tank

Front Panel

Standard Rear Lights (could swap for some clear rear lights if someone waned them).

It would need some engine plastics too, but will confirm.

I know most of this might need to come from a breakers or new, so will send the list to David at JC and also Minispares, just thought might be worth a post on here.

I need to price everything up before I know if I'll need it... got the chance to buy a mini thats had a "wee" bump so will only know if I can afford it once I've costed everything up.

Thanks for reading :popcorn: :thumbs up:

Hamish

Livi
22nd July 2009, 02:05 PM
Hamish,

Have sent you an Email with the list of prices for reference.

Least you have a guide to what the scrappys can charge you vs new parts. :thumbs up:

Hamish
25th July 2009, 02:22 PM
Hey, these parts no longer required, I missed the boat on the Cooper S... its gone to someone down in Blackpool I believe :( , thanks for everyones help on this though.

Cheers

Hamish

Forbes
25th July 2009, 02:40 PM
There will be plenty more

Hamish
25th July 2009, 03:04 PM
Yup I hope so... this one was a serious bargain though haha. But its got me looking now, still 50/50 on whether I should aim for Cooper or Cooper S!

Forbes
25th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Depends what you are after. S is quicker but a High Spec Cooper can keep up on runs etc. makes you have to drive better to keep up.

I really like my Cooper but will no doubt get a S eventually. It is preference. Take both on a test drive if you haven't already.

Hamish
25th July 2009, 03:54 PM
just need a shot of an S now to see how it goes... driven the cooper. If I did a cooper, i'd only make the same mods as on my race cooper... ecu, playmini exhaust and airfilter. Stick an aero kit on it too ;)

If i got an S... i think i'd turn it into a BEAST!!!! hahaha

Knox18
26th July 2009, 11:16 PM
i really want that BBR mini on pheads! 305hp :thumbs up: alot of money tho :ragin:

Gaz-Muir
28th July 2009, 01:25 PM
S is quicker but a High Spec Cooper can keep up on runs etc..

Unless they've spent £100 on a reduction pulley, then they have twice the power and you'll be left for dust! :p

RyanK
28th July 2009, 01:55 PM
Not necessarily. I remember on the Gismo Mans Manky thrash a couple of years back when John was down at the front up the backsides of the S works's...and he was in a standard cooper lol!

Forbes
28th July 2009, 02:16 PM
Unless they've spent £100 on a reduction pulley, then they have twice the power and you'll be left for dust! :p

I keep up with all the S on runs, yeah I do have to probably drive harder (but that is half the fun), and yeah they pull away on straights, but its through the corners the Coopers catch

Gaz-Muir
28th July 2009, 02:31 PM
They obviously aren't being driven 'hard' then. How can you possibly think a Cooper handles better than a Cooper S!!!!!!!!??????? :popcorn:

Ive driven a plain Cooper and theyre slow, i didnt think much of the Cooper S standard either, the power is too smooth so it doesn't feel quick. A few little changes to the S makes a crazy difference! A Cooper wouldn't have a look in.

Maybe its because the people driving the S sees it as a 'run' not a 'race'....

RyanK
28th July 2009, 03:46 PM
Lol one things for sure, My S owns my old ONE in every aspect

Gismo
29th July 2009, 08:03 AM
I've got a bit of cash in my back pocket that would argue that a Cooper could keep up with an S in the twisties :Whistle: on the track of course ;)