PDA

View Full Version : Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit

Big Gordy
21st July 2009, 04:05 PM
OK guys, carrying on from the other thread on touch-up paint, I've been in negotiations with these guys.......

http://drcolorchip.com/

and managed to do a group buy if your interested :thumbs up:

Now the deal is for their 'Road Rash Kit' which normally goes for $59 plus $48.72 shipping:eek:
If we can manage to rustle up at least 10 buyers we can slash that to $68 each shipped:clap:
They will have to be all shipped to me at my work to qualify for the deal with me passing them on to the people concerned:rolleyes: I need to point out that there is a more than likely chance we will be hit for some sort of tax with these coming in from the states but they have agreed to "do something" on that front for us:Whistle:(PM me for details if your concerned:thumbs up:)

Craig, and I think AndyP, have used this stuff and it does do exactly what it says on the tin (well in this case, bottle)

Interested parties can pay by emailing Dr.Colorchip. They will then send you an invoice for the amount due. This way I don't have to run around trying to get you miserable lot to pay up:moonie:

It doesn't even need to be for your mini:eek: He covers 100's of makes..check his colour code finder out to see if your cars covered.

Let me know what you think:thumbs up:

1.Big 'G' - Audi - LZ5W/7C (denim blue)
2.Big 'G' - Mini - 851 (chili red)
3.MadMaxxer - Scooby - 32J (obsidian black)
4.Burple - Mini - A24 - (black eye purple)
5.Sav112 - Mini - 900 - (pure silver)
6.AndyP - Mini - 851 (chili red)
7.AndyP - Mini - A59 - (laser blue)
8.RyanK - Mini - A25 - (astro Black)
9.Craig - Mini - A24 - (black eye purple)
10.cat1spot - Mini - 851 (chili red)
11.baz - Mini - ??? (pepper white?)

Gismo
21st July 2009, 04:16 PM
Gordy, depending on how many of these you get and you have enough time you could get them shipped to Me Julie's relatives in Pensacola and i can bring them back with me for no import duty

I'm away from 1st August and return on the 8th :yes nod:

GCA3N
21st July 2009, 04:36 PM
This sounds good. I have been meaning to post a thread on this. I had my old cooper for 2 1/2 years and had the odd chip, i've had my new one for 3 months and there are 40 or so chips already. Is the new paint different or something. Also would this kit work for so many chips. What do you guys think is my best route for getting these done. Also what is the best way to stop them happening in the future?

Forbes
21st July 2009, 04:49 PM
Get a clear wrap on the front of your car Greig.

MartinSullivan
21st July 2009, 05:42 PM
This stuff is really good, used it on the mini and have just bought a bottle for the Z - anyone is unsure just go for it, it really does work

Big Gordy
22nd July 2009, 01:22 PM
Gordy, depending on how many of these you get and you have enough time you could get them shipped to Me Julie's relatives in Pensacola and i can bring them back with me for no import duty

I'm away from 1st August and return on the 8th :yes nod:

Thanks for that Alan.....I'll keep you posted on developments:thumbs up:
If we go down this route it may work out even cheaper as the shipping within the US is a lot cheaper than shipping to the UK:D I'll just go and ask him:Whistle:

baptie
22nd July 2009, 03:29 PM
looks a great simple system to use but $55 to UK postage, thats a bit steep!

MartinSullivan
22nd July 2009, 05:58 PM

Damn sight cheaper than a respray though :thumbs up:

Stewart
22nd July 2009, 06:43 PM
This is the stuff that more or less gives a perfect finish right? You can wipe it level sort of thing. I read about it months ago. I was interested in it till I seen the price with the postage.

Question is can they match the BMW paint?

I was going down the touch up stick and try to put it on thin layer at a time but it never gives a good result. This stuff is supposed to go flush after you wipe the excess off………if it’s the same stuff and gives great results.

If I could get Pure Silver for a reasonable price I'd be up for it.

Livi
22nd July 2009, 07:07 PM
if anyone needs colour codes for vehicles, just drop me a pm with chassis and ill pass it on :thumbs up:

Scottie
23rd July 2009, 12:31 AM
I might be interested if Alan is bringing it home and we do not have the freight and duty and vat charges.

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 08:49 AM
This is the stuff that more or less gives a perfect finish right?

Yes

You can wipe it level sort of thing.

Yes

I was interested in it till I seen the price with the postage.

Don't try and compare it with a touch up stick:eek: It will never stack up. Think more along the lines of a full frontal re-spray:Whistle:

Question is can they match the BMW paint?

Yes, I believe so. Craig, AndyP and Martin have all used it and recon its:thumbs up:

If I could get Pure Silver for a reasonable price I'd be up for it.

$68 delivered to me......which at todays exchange rate = £41.44 :popcorn:

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 08:54 AM

Its $68 delivered to UK.......it would normally be $107.72:eek::eek::eek:
If you compare it to a full frontal re-spray then its a bargain:thumbs up: It all depends on how badly chipped the front of your car is of course:Whistle:A touch-up stick might be more cost effective:idea:

Scottie
23rd July 2009, 08:56 AM
Its $68 delivered to UK.......it would normally be $107.72:eek::eek::eek:
If you compare it to a full frontal re-spray then its a bargain:thumbs up: It all depends on how badly chipped the front of your car is of course:Whistle:A touch-up stick might be more cost effective:idea:

will this system work on other parts of the cars paint work???

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 08:57 AM
If we go down this route it may work out even cheaper as the shipping within the US is a lot cheaper than shipping to the UK:D I'll just go and ask him:Whistle:

I've checked and the price is the same whether we get it shipped in or out of the US:frown:
One problem he said you may have Alan is actually getting paint on a commercial airliner:eek: He recons they might not be to happy about letting it on board:sad:

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 08:59 AM
will this system work on other parts of the cars paint work???

I beleive so Fi:thumbs up: It is, after all, just a kit for filling in stone chips and the like. Seems it works on scratches and scuffs as well:yes nod:

Burple
23rd July 2009, 09:44 AM
Count me in for one of these please Big G!
Code A24 for BEP...

Cheers! :thumbs up:

Stewart
23rd July 2009, 10:06 AM
Yes
$68 delivered to me......which at todays exchange rate = £41.44 :popcorn:

Well in truth the paint stick I've been told is around £20.(BMW price for you:frown:) I'd rather spend say £42 and have something that is easy to use and works than the £20 paint stick that’s a pest to use and I'll never get the result I want. I only have really small chips, but it would be good to know that I had somthing to fix them.

If you can sort out a deal and they can match BMW pure Silver then I'm in.
(Whats the Code for pure Silver)

I did find this but its Halfords.....:rolleyes:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_39 1903_langId_-1_categoryId_165580

Stewart
23rd July 2009, 10:22 AM
if anyone needs colour codes for vehicles, just drop me a pm with chassis and ill pass it on :thumbs up:

Sent you a PM mate...

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 11:00 AM
and they can match BMW pure Silver then I'm in.
(Whats the Code for pure Silver)

If you go onto their website and use the colour finder it should be in there:thumbs up:

Just had a look and it is.......pure silver....No.900.......its there for 2006 Cooper:Whistle:

Stewart
23rd July 2009, 01:51 PM
David just Checked. Make me no5.......

"Paint code for your vehicle is: 900 Pure silver"

Cheers
David for the check.:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 02:49 PM
We're making steady progress:thumbs up: but unless we get at least 10 its all gonna go 'Pete Tong':Whistle:

Stewart
23rd July 2009, 03:08 PM
Chill;) its only been a few days and if the Members read up on Detailing World (I know sad as) they well read only good stuff about this.
Think most Members miss this section, if you put a link in General discussion...

When you check they do all the Mini colours, that’s what I got when I entered in Mini Cooper 2007 build.

Color Code Color Color Name Tricolor
A24 BLACK EYE PURPLE MET N
A25 ASTRO BLACK MET N
A28 HYPER BLUE MET N
A47 SOLAR RED MET N
A48 ROYAL GREY MET N
A49 SPACE BLUE MET N
A59 LASER BLUE MET N
668 JET BLACK II N
850 PEPPER WHITE N
851 CHILI RED N
859 SIENNA GOLD MET N
895 BRITISH RACING GREEN MET N
900 PURE SILVER MET N
902 LIQUID YELLOW

Big Gordy
23rd July 2009, 03:48 PM
But.......I WANT IT NOW:ragin::ragin::ragin::smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2009, 11:21 AM
Gordy, just noticed this thread.:eek:

Can I suggest it's moved to Car Care forum, as that seems more relevant. Just my HO.:blush:

Anywhooo. I haven't used this stuff before, but Neil has and he got great results.:thumbs up:

So, stick us down for 1 X Chilli red system. And 1 X Laser Blue system.:thumbs up:

Would be better if Alan can bring back as carry on:eek:, but if it has to be shipped to the UK, so be it.:smilewinkgrin: Just let us know the cost once the shipping method is sorted and we'll contact Dr Colorchip and sort out payment.

A.:D

RyanK
25th July 2009, 11:26 AM
Me please! As with Andy just noticed this thread ha!

RyanK - Mini - A25 - (Astro Black)

Thanks Stewart for the colour codes :thumbs up:

Craig
25th July 2009, 08:48 PM
Yes for me please. 1 X Black Eye Purple. :thumbs up:

I have used this on the Hyper Blue Coop (thanks to Neil for the free kit. :yes nod::yes nod:) and it was easy to use and did exactly as it said on the tin (well bottle ;)) It is a bit unnerving rubbing on paint to the car and then rubbing it off... :thud::Whistle:

Big Gordy
26th July 2009, 10:31 PM
That's you all added folks...thanks:thumbs up:

cat1spot
27th July 2009, 05:19 PM
Hi,
Is it ok for a newbie to tag on to this?

I'm needing something for my chilli red cooper and I don't get on well with touch up sticks so this would fit the bill. Paint code is 851.

Kind regards,

Vicki

Big Gordy
27th July 2009, 10:39 PM
Thats you added Vicki:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
31st July 2009, 10:54 AM
Right boys and girls:bigwave:
If we going to take up Gizmos kind offer of bringing the kits back with him on the 8th of August we need to email Dan at Dr.Colorchip soon so he can get his end up and running:thumbs up:
If you email Dan McCool....what a great name....at sales@drcolorchip.com and make the subject title "NEWMINISCOTLAND group buy" he will send you an invoice for the total amount. Make sure you include the make/year of car and colour code in the email:rolleyes::thumbs up:

P.s. I did a rough calculation and recon if they go to a US address it will average out about $59 (£36) each.

Bazthemod
31st July 2009, 11:26 AM
Is it alright if i join the group to and email him? :smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
31st July 2009, 12:10 PM
Yeh Baz:thumbs up: the more the merrier.....well up to a point:rolleyes: If we get too many Alan might struggle to hide them in his suitcases:Whistle:

Gismo
31st July 2009, 01:19 PM
Just so everyone knows, i'm happy to carry the items back, but, they must be at me Julie's folks house before i leave next Friday and then there's the point of posting them all out when i get home.
My plane gets in at 10:00am on Sunday 9th August (same day as Craigs run) and Gordy has offered to pick them up...................but, i'm away to Baku very shortly after ;)

Big Gordy
31st July 2009, 02:00 PM
Like Alan says I can collect them up from him once he arrives back in Edinburger:thumbs up: We can work something out with regards to passing them on once I have them:Whistle:
It's important you send your email off to Dr.Colorchip as soon as possible to allow them enough time to ship the items to me Julie's folks in the US. I've given Dan the US address and told him all emails with "NEWMINISCOTLAND group buy" in the title should be sent there.If we all pay the invoice promptly there should be no issues with the shipment arriving before Alan comes home:nag:
Keep your eyes on the ball folks........:idea:

Big Gordy
31st July 2009, 03:19 PM
They might actually be quite close to where your going Alan:eek:

Dr. ColorChip Corporation
1339 S. Killian Dr, Suite 1
Lake Park, FL 33403
USA
Phone: 561-845-6122

:D

Big Gordy
31st July 2009, 03:27 PM
:lol: scrub that.......I just looked and there huners of miles apart:thud: One's in the Gulf and the other is in Palm Beach:rolleyes:

Stewart
31st July 2009, 07:25 PM
Sent the email................

Think its a bit close to get this all sorted and posted to the Folks.........

Scottie
31st July 2009, 07:59 PM
I am in Big G. However what happens if Gizmo gets stopped at customs will we then be liable to pay taxes and any fines.??? or can we walk away and just loose the £36.

Also do you know if this guys accepts paypal???

Craig
31st July 2009, 08:10 PM
email sent to Dan McCool. :thumbs up:

Gismo
31st July 2009, 08:15 PM
I am in Big G. However what happens if Gizmo gets stopped at customs will we then be liable to pay taxes and any fines.??? or can we walk away and just loose the £36.

Also do you know if this guys accepts paypal???Let me know what you folks want to do, cause i aint paying tax at the airport

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2009, 11:03 PM
email sent to Dan McCool. :thumbs up:

Me too.

A.:thumbs up:

Edit: And if there's import duty to pay it will only be about a fiver each, so, Alan if you are asked to pay that, I guarantee you I will reimburse you. I'm not walking away from anything.

Scottie
31st July 2009, 11:26 PM
Me too.

Edit: And if there's import duty to pay it will only be about a fiver each, so, Alan if you are asked to pay that, I guarantee you I will reimburse you. I'm not walking away from anything.

Oh well thats ok then a £5 not to much to add. Didn't know what the extra charge would be:D any customs & excise peeps I've had dealings with(and there have been a few;)) have all been pedantic little sh1ts.

Big Gordy
2nd August 2009, 11:02 PM
Also do you know if this guys accepts paypal???

I think he does Fi:thumbs up:

RyanK
3rd August 2009, 12:16 AM
Email sent.

cat1spot
3rd August 2009, 08:16 AM
Just had an email from Dan McCool saying he's travelling at the moment and will deal with the group buy when he's back on Tuesday.

Vicki

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 12:14 PM
There is no way this could be sent to the relatives of the Alan on time, by the time payment is done by the group and paint made up and sent. I think its best to swallow the Extra £5 for direct postage.

Plus it’s a shame Alan has to think about this on his hols………..:D

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 06:20 PM
ok this guy is wanting payment is this getting shipped to GB direct or by Alan?

Craig
3rd August 2009, 08:32 PM
I have not had an email back from him as yet... I sent it on the 31st... :confused:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2009, 08:46 PM
ok this guy is wanting payment is this getting shipped to GB direct or by Alan?

Yeah, what Sav says....

I have a Pay Pal request in for the full $136 (2 kits at $68 each). Happy to pay that, but if it's being sent to Alan in the USA, should it be the full $68. That was with shipping to the UK, was it not.:confused:

Big Gordy
3rd August 2009, 08:56 PM
OK.....there was no discount re shipping if its shipped within the states:frown: The only plus was no vat or taxes of any sort with Alan bringing them home:Whistle:He's just emailed me saying he's sending it by air tmorrow to arrive in Pensacola on Thursday for Alan to bring home on Friday. He says he has 8 paid but I don't think that included me :blush: I've now paid so is anybody still to pay:confused:

Craig
3rd August 2009, 08:58 PM
OK.....there was no discount re shipping if its shipped within the states:frown: The only plus was no vat or taxes of any sort with Alan bringing them home:Whistle:He's just emailed me saying he's sending it by air tmorrow to arrive in Pensacola on Thursday for Alan to bring home on Friday. He says he has 8 paid but I don't think that included me :blush: I've now paid so is anybody still to pay:confused:

yeah, I sent an email to him on the 31st July and had no reply so It's prob me... :confused:

Big Gordy
3rd August 2009, 08:59 PM
yeah, I sent an email to him on the 31st July and had no reply so It's prob me... :confused:

He said he was 2 short....so I assumed it was me as I wanted 2:rolleyes:

Craig
3rd August 2009, 09:02 PM
Do I send him another email or is he still dealing with is emails ?

EDIT: Just resent my email to Dan to see if he gets it this time....

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 09:07 PM
I have not paid, have i missed the boat? I keep getting paypal saying there system is down just now.....I felt this was too rushed to make Alan.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2009, 09:12 PM
I haven't paid yet, but the invoice only came in at 6.20pm:eek:. And Pay Pal has been down since then. Will get the payment off to him as soon as Pay Pal is back up and running.

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 09:15 PM
Quote "He's just emailed me saying he's sending it by air tmorrow to arrive in Pensacola on Thursday "

Talk about tight.....They still have to whip up the paint mix as well....then send it.:eek:

Big Gordy
3rd August 2009, 09:21 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm...maybe he meant he's only had 8 emails:confused:
He said he was going to ship it on a 2 day delivery so that Alan would have them on the Thursday. So that would mean he's shipping them on Tuesday:thumbs up: I know its 21.20 here but its only about 15.00 in Florida so we do have some time left before its HIS Tuesday:yes nod: Confused yet....I am:laugh:

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 09:24 PM
:rolleyes:Does not help when paypal is on its Arse...........

Big Gordy
3rd August 2009, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes:Does not help when paypal is on its Arse...........
How true:rolleyes:

Big Gordy
3rd August 2009, 09:30 PM
Just managed to get on:eek:

Stewart
3rd August 2009, 09:35 PM
Just managed to get on:eek:

You paid by PayPal?

Aye I see you did my Paypal just got sent, fingers crossed. Hope they Work late on a Monday.....

Here and I thought the Mini runs were exciting Stoney picnic run has nothing on this............:D

cat1spot
3rd August 2009, 10:04 PM
:bigwave:
Just managed to get my payment through about twenty minutes ago. :argh:
And they call it instant transfer!

Vicki

RyanK
3rd August 2009, 10:23 PM
Payment sent

No paypal problems here:moonie:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2009, 11:14 PM
Paid.:thumbs up:

A.

Craig
3rd August 2009, 11:47 PM
looks like I will miss out on this, despite being one of the first to email Dan. :frown::argh:

Not Happy....:ragin:

Bazthemod
4th August 2009, 12:02 AM
Know the feeling Craig as i have also had no reply :sad:

Big Gordy
4th August 2009, 12:26 AM
Whats your email Baz and I'll send him it:thumbs up:
Anybody know Craigs??

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2009, 12:36 AM
Whats your email Baz and I'll send him it:thumbs up:
Anybody know Craigs??

Gordy, you have a PM with Craig's email addy.

A.

Bazthemod
4th August 2009, 12:49 AM
bazthemod @hotmail.com

Have resent my email to him earlier

cheers

Big Gordy
4th August 2009, 07:10 AM
Craig / Baz......I've emailed Dan as well with your addresses so keep your eyes peeled :thumbs up: Between us all he should get it:smilewinkgrin:

Folks......I'm going off on a few days holiday so don't panic if I don't post much up on this thread over the next couple of days:moonie: I'll be back on Thursday and all the excitement should be all over by then:yes nod:

Craig
4th August 2009, 07:12 AM
Craig / Baz......I've emailed Dan as well with your addresses so keep your eyes peeled :thumbs up: Between us all he should get it:smilewinkgrin:

Folks......I'm going off on a few days holiday so don't panic if I don't post much up on this thread over the next couple of days:moonie: I'll be back on Thursday and all the excitement should be all over by then:yes nod:

Thanks Gordy.:thumbs up: Just about to go to work, so the earliest I will be able to pay will be when I get in from work tonight as I ain't allowed to access paypal/nms at work.. :argh:

Big Gordy
4th August 2009, 10:22 AM
Can you not access them on your all singing, all dancing, phone thingy:eek::moonie:

Big Gordy
4th August 2009, 10:24 AM
What is Florida.......about 6hrs behind us....so even if you pay at tea-time its still just mid morning there.....you might just make it:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2009, 11:07 AM
Can you not access them on your all singing, all dancing, phone thingy:eek::moonie:

lol. His phone thingy sings out of tune and when it dances people throw things at it.:laugh:

Why he bought that model, I'll never know.:moonie::blush:

<<<<Runs and hides.:eek:

Gismo
4th August 2009, 01:01 PM
What is Florida.......about 6hrs behind us....Yep, 6 hours :thumbs up: i just hope that the paint isn't removed when the cases go through the scanner at the airport :thud:

Bazthemod
4th August 2009, 02:15 PM
Thats me paid :thumbs up:

Craig
4th August 2009, 04:53 PM
I got an email from Dan McCool saying that he has resent my invoice, but I still don't have it. He says that it will be in my spam, but it ain't :argh::argh:

Gordy, could you please send him an email and ask him to send it to you and then forward it to me to get paid? I can't see why I am not getting the invoice when I can get his email saying he has sent an invoice.. :argh::argh::rolleyes:

Craig
5th August 2009, 09:10 PM
Well no email back from Dan, so looks like I have missed the boat. :argh::ragin: Can't pay for a product if you don't get an invoice. :rolleyes:

totally pi££ed off.. :frown::frown:

Craig
5th August 2009, 09:25 PM
who would have thought it.... they guy must have heard me typing, cos 2 minutes later I get an invoice via paypal... :thumbs up:

How much did others pay? mines was $68 which works out at about £42 ;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2009, 10:38 PM
who would have thought it.... they guy must have heard me typing, cos 2 minutes later I get an invoice via paypal... :thumbs up:

Craig, we were $68 each also.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2009, 10:41 PM
Yep, 6 hours :thumbs up: i just hope that the paint isn't removed when the cases go through the scanner at the airport :thud:

It shouldn't be an issue. They are only 1oz and 4oz bottles. However, I hope you don't have to put them all in plastic bags. I can see some practicality issues there.:eek:

A.

Stewart
5th August 2009, 10:48 PM

:thumbs up: Sorted he must have felt the vibes.........

Maxxed Ross
6th August 2009, 05:16 PM
right so every one happy now then?

the gaffer was away on holiday for a few days so missed the invoice drama

Craig
6th August 2009, 05:20 PM
I am happy now... :thumbs up:

Gismo
6th August 2009, 09:39 PM
No sign of the kits :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2009, 11:49 PM
No sign of the kits :frown:

Oh S***. When do you leave for the airport tomorrow?

A.:sad:

Gismo
7th August 2009, 03:38 AM
Oh S***. When do you leave for the airport tomorrow?

A.:sad:Worry not, the touch up kits arrived, well packaged and in seperate boxes, so, will meet Gordy at the Hilton airport hotel approx 10am on Sunday :thumbs up:

Stewart
7th August 2009, 09:24 PM
will meet Gordy at the Hilton airport hotel approx 10am on Sunday :thumbs up:

Again Cheers for this..........:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
7th August 2009, 09:27 PM
Once Alan and I have completed the handover on Sunday we'll need to think about how I go about getting everybody their kits:confused: Is there a run coming up soon that has a meet at the Stirling services:Whistle:

Stewart
7th August 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm on the Sunday Run and the Borders one.....

Craig
7th August 2009, 10:12 PM
Gordy - if most people are on my run or the borders run - let me have them and I can pass them on. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
7th August 2009, 10:15 PM
Gordy - if most people are on my run or the borders run - let me have them and I can pass them on. :thumbs up:

Will do:thumbs up: I'll need to get them of Alan first:rolleyes:

Craig
7th August 2009, 10:17 PM
Will do:thumbs up: I'll need to get them of Alan first:rolleyes:

well hurry up then... :lol:

Big Gordy
7th August 2009, 10:24 PM
Hilton Hotel...10am....Sunday....check:thumbs up: Is that the one on the right as your heading down to the front of the terminal:confused:

Craig
7th August 2009, 10:25 PM
Hilton Hotel...10am....Sunday....check:thumbs up: Is that the one on the right as your heading down to the front of the terminal:confused:

YUP.... right across from the golf range :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
8th August 2009, 06:28 PM
Is there anybody who ordered these from the Aberdeen area..???
If yes then I'd probably be better leaving them with Gizmo to take back up with him:rolleyes: Let me know who you are so I can sort your kit out with Alan tomorrow:thumbs up:

Stewart
8th August 2009, 07:06 PM
If Craig can get my Pure Silver on the Borders Run, that be great.....:thumbs up:

RyanK
8th August 2009, 07:18 PM
Aberdonian here

I can collect from Alan or vice versa

cheers

Big Gordy
9th August 2009, 09:13 AM
Aberdonian here

I can collect from Alan or vice versa

cheers

OK Ryan I'll just leave Alan with yours and you can collect from him whenever suits the both of you:thumbs up:

Nobody else from the Granite City..?? I'll just bring the rest back with me then and pass on the relevant ones too Craig for the borders run then:yes nod:

Big Gordy
9th August 2009, 11:46 AM
Handover complete:cool:

Ryan....Alan has yours so give him a call and organise pickup:thumbs up:
I have the following kits.......

Poole 851 & A59 (AndyP)
McGinley 850 (baz)
Davies A24 (Craig)
Robertson 900 (Sav112)
Wyse 851 (cat1spot)

I can give them to Craig if any of you are going on the borders run:thumbs up:otherwise contact me to arrange pick-up:thumbs up:

Bazthemod
9th August 2009, 12:17 PM
Gordy can i be a pain and paypal you postage costs?

Big Gordy
9th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Gordy can i be a pain and paypal you postage costs?

Ohhh I suppose so.......I'll send it first chance I get and let you know how much OK:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
9th August 2009, 07:44 PM
Burple / Fi.......I thought you guys were both up for this:confused: Was surprised when no boxes appeared for you:frown:

Craig
9th August 2009, 08:09 PM
I'll give you a text sometime this week Big G and come and collect :thumbs up:

If others who are on the list are going to the borders run, I'll take them aswell. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2009, 08:47 PM
Borders run is fine for us unless we hook up with Craig earlier.:thumbs up:

A.

Craig
9th August 2009, 08:54 PM
Borders run is fine for us unless we hook up with Craig earlier.:thumbs up:

A.

do you want to re-phrase that mate - I've got enough problems .... :lol::laugh:

Scottie
9th August 2009, 09:02 PM
Burple / Fi.......I thought you guys were both up for this:confused: Was surprised when no boxes appeared for you:frown:

I was going to but then I only required a wee amount thought it not worth the bother this time round.

Maybe Bazthemod can sell me what he disnae use on his motor:smilewinkgrin::blush:

Bazthemod
9th August 2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks Gordy, no rush :thumbs up:

Haha Fi you should see the state of my car after the Twilight run.... those cooper s' were kicking up stones something awful!

Will let you know how i get on :p:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
9th August 2009, 09:16 PM

Haha Fi you should see the state of my car after the Twilight run.... those cooper s' were kicking up stones something awful!

Will let you know how i get on :p:smilewinkgrin:

just remember the saying a little goes along way:thumbs up: :rolleyes::smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
10th August 2009, 08:18 AM

Well I can't send it until I know where it's going can I :rolleyes::moonie:

Bazthemod
10th August 2009, 10:57 AM
I'll tell you where you can send it! :p:D lol bloody rockers are all the same!:moonie::rolleyes:

Big Gordy
10th August 2009, 11:08 AM
Watchit youngun:ragin: Any more of your cheek and I'll just give it to Scottiecoop to use first:moonie:

Big Gordy
10th August 2009, 11:17 AM
There is no way this could be sent to the relatives of the Alan on time, by the time payment is done by the group and paint made up and sent.

Ye of little faith:frown::moonie:

Bazthemod
10th August 2009, 12:07 PM
:p You Have a PM

Big Gordy
10th August 2009, 01:10 PM
I knew that would do the trick:laugh:

Stewart
10th August 2009, 01:20 PM
Ye of little faith:frown::moonie:

I hold my Hands up, terrific effort:thumbs up:……………I knew it would be fine
honest ;)

Craig
11th August 2009, 07:24 AM
OK, I have the paint kits for AndyP & Lenore (x2) and for Stewart (SAV112) and I will bring them with me on the borders run. :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 08:32 AM
Baz.....I'll post yours off today :thumbs up: I'll send you an invoice:Whistle:

Big Gordy
11th August 2009, 08:35 AM
That leaves only yours left Vicki:bigwave: What do you want to do:Whistle: Shall I post it or are you going to come and collect it.....I'm in Falkirk:thumbs up:

cat1spot
11th August 2009, 05:21 PM
That leaves only yours left Vicki:bigwave: What do you want to do:Whistle: Shall I post it or are you going to come and collect it.....I'm in Falkirk:thumbs up:
Gordy :bigwave:
I'll pop over and collect towards the end of the week if that's ok as I'm only in Dunfermline. Will PM to arrange.
Thanks,

Vicki

Big Gordy
12th August 2009, 03:11 PM
Baz I posted yours off yesterday....2nd class parcel...only £1.50 so you can have it on the house:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
12th August 2009, 03:13 PM
I'll pop over and collect towards the end of the week if that's ok as I'm only in Dunfermline. Will PM to arrange.
Thanks,

Vicki

No problem Vicki....just gimmie a shout when your thinking of coming thro:thumbs up:

Bazthemod
12th August 2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks Gordy got kit today ... send your invoice to bazthemod @hotmail.com :thumbs up:

Maxxed Ross
14th August 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks,

Vicki

I could bring it with me to the next Falkirk Cruise if you can wait that long ;)

Stewart
2nd September 2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks to the Lads efforts I have this now after the run at the weekend. I'm going to keep it till after I come back from North Yorkshire but has anyone tried it yet?

I take it, its best to go over the area with dilute fairy liquid to get rid of my polish,sealant and wax over the few spots?

Big Gordy
2nd September 2009, 10:50 AM
The bumph says to go over the area with alcohol:idea: Craig,Sully and Neil have all used it before which must mean its dead easy:p:moonie:

Stewart
2nd September 2009, 05:05 PM
I have some sanitizer with alcohol, that might just do the trick other than that it’s the stuff you drink….

Craig
2nd September 2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks to the Lads efforts I have this now after the run at the weekend. I'm going to keep it till after I come back from North Yorkshire but has anyone tried it yet?

I take it, its best to go over the area with dilute fairy liquid to get rid of my polish,sealant and wax over the few spots?

No worries Stewart - happy to help :thumbs up:

The bumph says to go over the area with alcohol:idea: Craig,Sully and Neil have all used it before which must mean its dead easy:p:moonie:

and you big dobber, I was going to give you a foam lance for free.... now I ain't so sure... :moonie::rolleyes:

But yeah, it is easy... ;) I just sprayed on some BTGR (Bitumen Tar and Glue Remover) and this removed all my wax etc so I had a clean base to put the paint on. :yes nod:

Stewart
22nd September 2009, 04:03 PM
Not thought of that, got my AG Tar remover, it was on that 3 for price of 2 so I got the fast glass and Tar Remover and thought what else and just got more of the Tar.

Cheer for the tip.

Big Gordy
22nd September 2009, 04:30 PM
Anybody tried it yet:Whistle: It's weird, but it does work:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 08:35 AM
Has anybody tried the magic solution on normal touch-up stick paint:confused: Kirstens wee arosa has some marks on it and I wondered if the 'solution' would work on it:Whistle:

Bazthemod
22nd October 2009, 12:50 PM
I have tried it, works quite well... does take bit of practice tho!

Sometimes its better not to smooth over with the glove as this just pulls the paint straight out again :confused:

so i just dabbed some paint in the chip and used the solution to smooth it over. :cool:

Stewart
22nd October 2009, 01:41 PM
Great stuff and so easy to use, I might do the same and not smudge but it says its better for my kind of silver to get the flake right.

A second go and that stone chip I've had since the car was picked up will be gone along with a few other i've added.

TWR being the main culprit :D but so worth it.

As for the normal stuff out the dealers etc the Honda stick paint was a bugger to use and I never liked the end product.
I dreaded using it but this stuff on the Mini is a joy

RyanK
22nd October 2009, 02:53 PM
I used it and it didn't work for me whatsoever:confused:

Applied the correct way as the instructions state, waited around an hour, started to wipe off & all the stonechips were still there ha! Also broke my arms trying to get the excess residue off!

Now I know the product does work, but for me it didnt:sad:

Stewart
22nd October 2009, 04:54 PM
Strange with the excess, that wee bottle of fluid added to a flat cloth wiped off easy with my silver after it was passed over a good few times gently. As said it got dark and I missed one spot and it blended away the next day. I did leave it for just over 2hr’s then fluid on the cloth then buffed with the MF cloth.

A few Chips are still there but not noticeable but I’m sure with a second go and now that I’ve tried it (Scared ****less that it would not blend) I’ll get them filled.

I should have taken a few pic’s but the neighbours think I’m mad as it is with my car cleaning and that might have been too much for them. :D