PDA

View Full Version : Help, space at a premium!!!

Ferengo
21st July 2009, 09:00 AM
Guess this thread can go in either General Discussion or Off Topic Banter.

Some of you know me and Sarah are expecting a baby in October. Neither of us wants to get rid of the MINI and running a second car is just pointless as we only need to run one car (Meaning we would only use the second car when we couldn't get everything into the MINI).

We spent 2 hours last night looking at travel systems and the only frame that would fit in the boot was the Bugaboo Bee.

Anybody just had a MINI and managed? What's the secret? Tricks to doing it? Help!!!

euan
21st July 2009, 09:13 AM
You need to look at this page on MINI2, it's pretty definitive!

LINK (http://www.mini2.com/forum/minis-children-parents/126080-ultimate-what-puschair-fits-boot-thread-discusion.html)

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2009, 09:30 AM
Jason Nicol could also give you some pointers. They had a MINI while Kerr was very young, not sure if it was from baby age.

His username is N12JLK. Why not send him a PM. :thumbs up:

A.:D

Ferengo
21st July 2009, 09:48 AM
You need to look at this page on MINI2, it's pretty definitive!

LINK (http://www.mini2.com/forum/minis-children-parents/126080-ultimate-what-puschair-fits-boot-thread-discusion.html)

Cheers Euan, Only problem is the thread is a bit old and some of those models are no longer available.

Jason Nicol could also give you some pointers. They had a MINI while Kerr was very young, not sure if it was from baby age.

His username is N12JLK. Why not send him a PM. :thumbs up:

A.:D

Will send him a PM shortly.

Cheers. Guys :thumbs up:

euan
21st July 2009, 10:04 AM
I think the Quinnys should fit as they looked to fold up pretty small, and maybe worth looking at the new Brio's as they seem to fold up small as well.

I've got a similar problem - we bought a Bugaboo Chameleon and it doesn't really fit in the missus Polo (well, it does but you need to take one wheel off). We checked it out first and the missus was adamant that it was the buggy she wanted and could live with the wheel coming off. I'm expecting to replace the Polo within 6 months...

It's bad enough in my 3 series actually!

Gismo
21st July 2009, 10:04 AM
Similar on totalmini (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/107-totalparenting/)

Crombers
21st July 2009, 01:17 PM
Towbar & trailer :Whistle:

Forbes
21st July 2009, 02:24 PM
It can be done if you want to keep the mini. Just get a good pram.

Ferengo
21st July 2009, 03:07 PM
I have suggested Clubman but the wife says "NO!!!" :frown:

weefossy
21st July 2009, 05:13 PM
Clubbies the answer.....had a tumble dryer in it last week :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
21st July 2009, 05:17 PM
Roof Rack

GCA3N
21st July 2009, 07:24 PM
I have suggested Clubman but the wife says "NO!!!" :frown:

I would have said that, but you have to admit there are a few nice ones out there, just look at Dels or Mum and dads, they can be made to look really nice. End of the day a mini is a pretty unpractical car, especially when it comes down to baby's and pram's. The clubman is a good solution. I know harry farbairn are doing a really nice pepperwhite cooper with loads of extras black 17" S spokes, leather interior etc. Very nice indeed.