PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer crashing

mikeythemini
20th July 2009, 09:36 PM
I have started having a problem - sometimes as soon as I open the forum, othertimes after a few mins i get the message "internet explorer has encountered a problem & needs close"
It only happens in this forum - it has taken me 4 attempts to post this!!
It either started last night or this morning
I am on XP

Scottie
20th July 2009, 09:37 PM
I've had that happen a couple times recently but think I was using safari at the time but it could have been firefox then again maybe IE.:blush: but one click and I was back in the site.

The Dogfather
20th July 2009, 09:53 PM
I had this on my PC at work which has IE, I think its one of the banner images as if I'm quick I can bypass the home page and go straight to the new posts.

I expect its an older version of IE though.

mikeythemini
20th July 2009, 10:17 PM
Ie 6

macblob
20th July 2009, 10:22 PM
Ie 6 has massive security issues because its so old, plus its supported less and less generally

Id suggest downloading firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

or ie8 if you wanna use explorer http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

AndyP & Lenore
20th July 2009, 11:20 PM
Mikey, we now use Google Chrome on all our PC's. Much faster and much more simple than IE. And it will import all your bookmarks from IE.

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
21st July 2009, 01:09 AM
Mikey, we now use Google Chrome on all our PC's. Much faster and much more simple than IE. And it will import all your bookmarks from IE.

A.:thumbs up:As Andy says, but, you really need to upgarde your IE6 to the latest version as a minimum, readily available, or, give Chrome a try, it's a no frills browser that actually works

GCA3N
21st July 2009, 06:04 AM
I thought it was just me . I am offshore just now and it is a nightmare everytime i want to go on NMS i have to try about 4-6 times before it starts to work, very annoying, need my NMS fix atleast once a day.

Gismo
21st July 2009, 06:05 AM
I thought it was just me . I am offshore just now and it is a nightmare everytime i want to go on NMS i have to try about 4-6 times before it starts to work, very annoying, need my NMS fix atleast once a day.Are you logging into the main forum page? if so, try saving the new posts page as a favourite

mikeythemini
22nd July 2009, 11:57 AM
Will look at getting a new browser but strange its only just started doing this & only this forum
I can't get my private messages at all & I know there is a new one for me

ianking
22nd July 2009, 12:01 PM
I am having this issue at home with NMS but it is fine at work.
At home it tells me it needs to close as it has encountered a problem and I should click to send a report to windows or some thing along those lines.

mikeythemini
22nd July 2009, 12:29 PM
Managed to get pm on iPhone

Big Gordy
22nd July 2009, 12:48 PM
Its been happening a lot to me today:ragin:only on NMS too:frown:

Burple
22nd July 2009, 01:16 PM
Time to upgrade IE guys.. or bin it! :hand::laugh:

Gismo
22nd July 2009, 01:29 PM
I can only apologise folks, the site has not had any upgrades recently and I suspect the problem is your ie version.

All I can suggest is that you try google chrome and see if it works ok, if it does then you need to upgrade your ie version

Big Gordy
22nd July 2009, 01:35 PM
Time to upgrade IE guys.. or bin it! :hand::laugh:

That would be fine if it was my home PC Euan:argh:

The Dogfather
22nd July 2009, 03:25 PM
It seems to be the home page only, I've bookmarked the 'new posts' shortcut so I can get straight in without crashes

The Dogfather
22nd July 2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Bookmark this and you get the latest posts

Livi
22nd July 2009, 03:40 PM
I can only apologise folks, the site has not had any upgrades recently and I suspect the problem is your ie version.

All I can suggest is that you try google chrome and see if it works ok, if it does then you need to upgrade your ie version

Still having the problems after your email Alan.

I need to keep doing it everytime i want to come on, i know its probs not your fault or the sites, but unfortunatly work PC is a pain in the ass to ask for an update as they just wont allow it :argh:

but as others say, i can get on other websites/forums even vbulletin and NMS is the only that crashes :sad:

Scottie
22nd July 2009, 10:42 PM
I'm still having problems also using safari. It comes up saying safari can't access the page I cluck back try again and it works ok. This is the only site I'm having problems with:confused:

GCA3N
22nd July 2009, 11:27 PM
I am probe offshore but no probe with home pc or safari

Gismo
23rd July 2009, 09:11 AM
I remembered i turned on the sub forum category listing for the home forum page and i've since turned that off.
Also, here's a reply from the host:-

"press Ctrl and F5 when viewing your forum page, and ask them to try emptying the browser cache and temporary Internet Files as that sometimes helps"

Hope that both help :yes nod:

Livi
23rd July 2009, 10:58 AM
Hmm.... seems to be working fine for me now, so must of been the turn on of the sub-forum that did it :thumbs up:

mikeythemini
23rd July 2009, 07:12 PM
Seems to be ok for me now

baptie
28th July 2009, 10:39 PM
Getting loads of crashes on AOL here now.

Can surf all night, come on here and it crashes.

open back up and all the unread posts are cleared!

Has there been any attacks to the server?

Gismo
29th July 2009, 07:59 AM
Getting loads of crashes on AOL here now.

Can surf all night, come on here and it crashes.

open back up and all the unread posts are cleared!

Has there been any attacks to the server?The host say nothing has happened to the server or any attacks, they did reboot it last week as well