PDA

View Full Version : Hello - from Luxembourg!

Dalboyne
19th July 2009, 11:29 AM
OK, I admit that Luxembourg isn't part of Scotland (as far as I know!). But I'm a Scot, and a MINI fanatic, and you might see this Lighning Blue Cooper D Clubman with a strange number plate touring the Highlands and Islands over the next few weeks! We'll hit Scotland on the 28th July, and will be going to Inverness, Invergordon, down the Great Glen, over to Skye, across to Harris & Lewis, over to Ullapool, down to Plockton, then all the way south to Stranraer, before eventually we return to the ferry at Newcastle on 17th August.

So if any other MINI fans are around and about, please do wave, flash or even say hello to us.

And fingers crossed the weather is good and the midges have all gone away for the summer!

Cheers

Ian

Forbes
19th July 2009, 12:07 PM
Welcome Ian, post a pic. We just had a run up north a couple of weekends ago called the Twilight run. Looks like you will use a few of the same roads. All the best and I hope you get the weather

And remember to show us your pictures!

Smitty
19th July 2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome :bigwave:

Enjoy your trip through Scotland - amazing part of the country you are heading too!

I'm heading through Luxembourg on a trip from Munich round the Alps in a few weekends time so I will keep a look out.

Can't be that many MINI's in your beautiful wee country surely?? :smilewinkgrin:

Mini Ecosse
19th July 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi :welcome: & enjoy your holiday in Scotland.

D3 JDA
19th July 2009, 10:37 PM
Hi ther m8:clap::thumbs up::bigwave:

audrey
19th July 2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Ian :bigwave:

Bumble
20th July 2009, 08:06 AM
:welcome: have a great holiday!

Gismo
20th July 2009, 08:13 AM
:welcome: hope you get decent weather for your epic journey :thumbs up:

Crombers
20th July 2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool: & enjoy yer trip :thumbs up:

shaunbhoy67
21st July 2009, 01:26 PM
welcome along :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
23rd July 2009, 08:17 PM
Hi :D Enjoy your trip

Dalboyne
26th July 2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome :bigwave:

Enjoy your trip through Scotland - amazing part of the country you are heading too!

I'm heading through Luxembourg on a trip from Munich round the Alps in a few weekends time so I will keep a look out.

Can't be that many MINI's in your beautiful wee country surely?? :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks for that! Actually, there are a lot of MINIs around here! The Luxembourgers like them a lot - though unfortunately for most of them I think it's just a small BMW, so the MINI scene is not very exciting here.

We have some of the cheapest fuel in Europe, so do make sure you fill up before you leave this country!

Cheers

Ian

Dalboyne
26th July 2009, 06:10 AM
Thanks all for your warm welcome! :clap:

As promised - here are our MINIs! Both bought new this year.

We'll be in the Clubby this time.....

Looking forwards to the trip.....

Ian

Craig
26th July 2009, 10:05 AM
:welcome: Ian. :thumbs up:

I think your wish of the midgies going on their hols aswell is wishful thinking... :thud:

Sounds like your going to have an epic trip :yes nod::yes nod:

Delboy
29th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks all for your warm welcome! :clap:

As promised - here are our MINIs! Both bought new this year.

We'll be in the Clubby this time.....

Looking forwards to the trip.....

Ian

Welcome to NMS :bigwave:. I'm sure you'll have a great time touring Scotland - you can't beat it when you get decent weather. Nice to see another Clubman on the site too - looks ace :thumbs up:.

Smitty
29th July 2009, 04:47 PM
We have some of the cheapest fuel in Europe, so do make sure you fill up before you leave this country!

Point noted - we have hired mega thirsty Renault Traffic Mini-Bus so we will need to fill up on our way through :D

Sheilz
14th August 2009, 01:09 AM
Hello Ian.

Ive just posted false info on another thread :blush: Guess I picked you up wrong :blush::blush: I think what you meant was that no one indicated they'd be in the highlands same time as you. Oops!
Hope you all had a fab time for the rest of your hols. Have attached the photos I took of your motor. :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: They're on the Argyll and Bute thread.