PDA

View Full Version : R56 spec list

dougie_dfc
17th July 2009, 11:56 PM
Hey, was just wondering what are the must haves when buying a R56 Cooper S...

whats worth going for and whats best avoiding in terms of interior, exterior, tech etc

I know a lot will be personal opinion but just looking to see whats good to go for :thumbs up:

GCA3N
18th July 2009, 06:10 AM
I just got mine a couple of months ago and like you say there are things that some folks like and things others like IMHO the must haves are

1. Multi function steering wheel (mines does not have this)
2. Harmon Kardon ungrade on the stereo system ( I don't have this and think the standard sytem in ok at best)
3. Leather interior.
4. Blue tooth
5. Oh ye and it has to be lazer blue or chilli red.

Hope this helps. I think most of the other stuff in mine in standard, but I love the sport button and mood lighting.

Craig
18th July 2009, 09:23 AM
I would NOT go for the leather if it is the punch carbon black. It sags on the seat base FAR to quickly and looks terrible. I think it's either designed badly or badly assembled.

Multi function steering wheel - YES:thumbs up:

Upgraded stereo - YES:thumbs up: (as the std stereo is pants):argh:

Xenon Headlamps. - YES:thumbs up:

Auto Aircon - YES (as the manual aircon looks like it was made by Fisher Price) :rolleyes:

Anthracite roof lining - YES Makes it nice and moody in the car, especially in the dark with the mood lighting on. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
18th July 2009, 09:34 AM
I thought the xenons were standard on the cooper S but if not they are a must.

Craig
18th July 2009, 09:36 AM
I thought the xenons were standard on the cooper S but if not they are a must.

they are with the chilli pack, but some don't add the chilli pack for some reason. and you are right - they are a MUST :thumbs up:

dougie_dfc
18th July 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that, had never even thought about upgrading stereo or going for auto aircon!

Xenon lights are high up on the list but if they come with the chilli pack that makes it a bit easier!

[QUOTE=greig allan;213583]
5. Oh ye and it has to be lazer blue or chilli red.

I do like the lazer blue and chilli red minis but think if i get one it'll be dark silver, black roof, black alloys :thumbs up:

illegalhunter
18th July 2009, 12:37 PM
Chilli pack mfsw, leather, avoid the hifi upgrade if your paying for it

zimbo
18th July 2009, 04:54 PM
...if i get one it'll be dark silver, black roof, black alloys :thumbs up:

Nice choice of colour combo :thumbs up:

MFSW and Xenons are a definate YES!!! the rest is up to yourself.

Scottie
18th July 2009, 09:43 PM
anthracite roof lining is a must IMHO which also gives you anthracite A B C pillars suits the mini interior much better through out all the makes and models.

crispyeel
18th July 2009, 10:47 PM
A favorite of mine is the chrome line interior. Probably not an expensive thing to retrofit after but looks so much better than the standard gray :thumbs up:

dougie_dfc
19th July 2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for all the advice, seems the anthracite roof lining is a definite must which i wouldn't have even thought of!

Was also looking at the R108 Multi spoke alloys which I think would go well with the dark silver body and black roof. :cool:

Went up to Grassicks in Perth today for pricing and a test drive of the cooper s they had in, really liked the exterior look of it but still not too keen on the interior but I'm sure I can grow to like it - forgot how quick it was as well compared to the cooper! :D

GCA3N
19th July 2009, 06:02 AM
forgot how quick it was as well compared to the cooper! :D

oh yehhhh!!!!!

AeroJonny
20th July 2009, 10:36 PM
electric windscreen heater...cleans up a fully frozen windscreen in a minute

KenL
26th July 2009, 03:32 PM
The CHILLI pack seems the most "essential" as most people get it. The latest version comes with auto air and some sort of blue tooth.

I have MF steering wheel on my car now and like it.

Chrome interior is nice but works best on piano black interior. If you opt for a silverish interior dash you dont need it the same. I personally like the alloy trim and also think the standard S trim (chequered) looks good.

Anthracite looks nice but the interior can be a bit dark with dark seats and that roof I think.