PDA

View Full Version : Motorhome Hire

Craig
17th July 2009, 04:18 PM
Already thinking about next years holidays, and wondered if anyone on here has ever booked a motorhome with a scottish company? All experiences good or bad welcome. :thumbs up:

Also looked at renting a touring caravan - really wish the family hadn't sold ours last year... :rolleyes:

sedgie
17th July 2009, 04:21 PM
I've heard the one at errol perthshire is quite good, we were thinking of hiring one next year for glastonbury :D

Forbes
17th July 2009, 04:27 PM
Already thinking about next years holidays

What about what you will be doing 3 weeks on Saturday and 12.06:rolleyes: You will have your whole life planned soon:laugh:

Craig
17th July 2009, 04:30 PM
What about what you will be doing 3 weeks on Saturday and 12.06:rolleyes: You will have your whole life planned soon:laugh:

nowt wrong with that... ;) Always worth having things to look forward to, especially when life keeps kicking you in the stones... :argh:

Scottie
17th July 2009, 04:39 PM
You will be holidaying right at the
wrong time. ie school
holidays the cost of rental is at the
highest then your talking for one
week from £650 upwards. Other than you have to take it everywhere you
go not many downsides I'd say

Craig
17th July 2009, 04:45 PM
yeah, I have that problem with every holiday Fi... :argh: oh for a time when we can holiday when I WANT to.. :rolleyes::shut up:;)

found THIS (http://www.stingrayrv.com/) company... OH YES, now thats what I'm talking about... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2009, 04:52 PM
Craig, there's a company in Gorebridge which Lenore's brother rented from a few years ago. I can ask him for details if you like.

A.

Craig
17th July 2009, 04:55 PM
Craig, there's a company in Gorebridge which Lenore's brother rented from a few years ago. I can ask him for details if you like.

A.

yeah that would be good thanks - no rush tho. :thumbs up:

Hamish
17th July 2009, 05:46 PM
yeah, I have that problem with every holiday Fi... :argh: oh for a time when we can holiday when I WANT to.. :rolleyes::shut up:;)

found THIS (http://www.stingrayrv.com/) company... OH YES, now thats what I'm talking about... :thumbs up:

If I ever get one of those I will be a happy man... they are awesome, how cool would it be to have one of those. I'd do every festival in STYLE!!! :thumbs up:

Stewart
17th July 2009, 05:50 PM
Just adding My mate bought a Motorhome and just spent two weeks doing the Outer Hebrides he went on to Skye then North Usit, then south then back up north and across to Harris and Lewis which is in essence the one Island.

There is plenty of places to park up and they ended up having some breathtaking beaches and sunset on there doorstep. Roads were quiet once on the Islands and good quality. Think he said the Tickets for the crossings came to £140 booked in advance.

Thing to remember My friend knows his Motor-Home well, had every angle worked out and knows its limits although you should have seen some of the places he parked up at night, a few were halfway up a hill off road. He spent the night at the Callanish stones even went round them after midnight with his kid lol……….

It sounded a fantastic Adventure, if the dates had matched I would have met up with them from the TWR from Ullapool.

He uses it all the time but he bought it cheap and when he sells it, he will make money as the work he has done on it and the fact there is such a demand for this age of Campervan. :thumbs up: His thinking is he will make a few grand and had all the use out of it.

The pic is just us down at the Windsurfing at Largs, going down next weekend if the weather is nice to the same spot..
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Camper.jpg

Scottie
17th July 2009, 06:11 PM
Craig,

I have been to this place a couple of times

http://www.dudleys-rv.com/new

O.M.G it's brilliant looking round them:blush: and the guys at the place don't mind. Then we drive back to our wee caravan:argh: not to worry.

When I win the lottery I'll be having one.

Crombers
17th July 2009, 06:43 PM
I've thought of this / looked into this as well.

Can't help but think, 'what kind of excellent accomodation/food could I get in a week in Scotland for £650' instead of shelling out for a Motorhome for a week.

Maybe I'm missing the point a bit as I know you can park up in places you'd never have known/seen before, but surely you can park yer car up for a bit in the same places, sit back & enjoy the scenery for a relaxing while.

Oh & then there are the midges :argh:

Stewart
17th July 2009, 07:20 PM
Thinking on the lines of my Mate and his wife and kid and Dog (White Boxer) they had complete freedom and did not have to find B&B’s or Hotels that would have to be booked in summer and that would mean being certain places tied down on certain dates. If they wanted they stayed two nights, most of the time they had the world to there own and he was happy both the Dog and seven year old could run riot and be more or less safe.
If it was just him and his wife, but with his Dog and kid this is the best way he felt....
Midges at the coast with no trees etc were not a problem, in fact a few pictures are of them playing about on the beach at 10:30pm in fantastic light……..try that at loch Lomond and your toast………..

Crombers
17th July 2009, 07:53 PM
Thinking on the lines of my Mate and his wife and kid and Dog (White Boxer) they had complete freedom and did not have to find B&B’s or Hotels that would have to be booked in summer and that would mean being certain places tied down on certain dates. If they wanted they stayed two nights, most of the time they had the world to there own and he was happy both the Dog and seven year old could run riot and be more or less safe.
If it was just him and his wife, but with his Dog and kid this is the best way he felt....
Midges at the coast with no trees etc were not a problem, in fact a few pictures are of them playing about on the beach at 10:30pm in fantastic light……..try that at loch Lomond and your toast………..

Good point, that's fair play when you have children & pets :yes nod:

camjay
17th July 2009, 09:26 PM
My hubby is desperate for a camper/mobile home. Prices are absolutely mental at the moment. Some of these mobile homes are absolutely fantastic - especially the ones your looking at Craig! He's also a fan of all things retro and we thought about this http://www.scoobycampers.com/ - but its pretty expensive! :eek:

Scottie
17th July 2009, 09:57 PM
the VW are cool.

I have in the past look at the vans these guys do as a more serious option to consider for the future.

http://www.encmotorco.fsnet.co.uk/