PDA

View Full Version : JCW Kit

AberdeenMini
12th May 2004, 06:43 PM
Got this brochure in the post this morning. Who's all upgraded to it then? It seems a very high price (over 2k) to shave 0.1 of a sec off your 0-60 time doesn't it? I was quite interested in it until i read the price!

R7 ETH
12th May 2004, 06:57 PM
Jees ooh 2k for that !!! Polish the car and you could save 0.2 sec of the 0-60 time :D

Didnt know it was that much. What comes in the kit for 2K.

Gismo
12th May 2004, 07:09 PM
Don't want to really put you off but the cooper conversion has never really been proved to be better than the original car.
Evo did a test a while ago and the converted car actually was slower than a standard one :eek:

Wul
12th May 2004, 07:25 PM
Probably better spending your money on an AMD oneclick and a playmini exhaust!

GAJ
12th May 2004, 07:53 PM
Plenty better ways of spending 2K!

The JCW conversion for the S is a different kettle of fish though.

AngusK
12th May 2004, 10:27 PM
I don't have the readies to get the full works kit just now for my S, but do you know if there are any mods which can be done but don't invalidate the warranty? Eg any filters, exhausts etc

AberdeenMini
13th May 2004, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

Jees ooh 2k for that !!! Polish the car and you could save 0.2 sec of the 0-60 time :D

Didnt know it was that much. What comes in the kit for 2K.

Think the main components of the kit are an exhaust, air filter and some new cams or something like that. Oh yeah you also get JCW badges, ace :cool:

phantom
13th May 2004, 03:48 AM
HOW MUCH!:mad: I rckon a good polish could give you same results!:p

AberdeenMini
13th May 2004, 03:51 AM
The exact price is 2441 GBP.
Thats for it fitted also.

phantom
13th May 2004, 04:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

The exact price is 2441 GBP.
Thats for it fitted also.

War's my Auto Glym:p

Willie M
13th May 2004, 03:57 PM
Pretty much what Bonnie Scotland said. I've spoken with two guys that have driven the JCW Cooper and they really didn't rate it at all :disapprove:

quote:Originally posted by GAJ

The JCW conversion for the S is a different kettle of fish though.
I'll be on the phone to Menzies at 9am :mad::mad: I didn't get a kettle of fish with mine :evil:

3GGG
7th June 2004, 02:52 AM
Just got the brochure for the Cooper Works conversion and an invitation for a test drive - is it a coincidence that the car featured was the same colour as mine? - or do I credit them with too much?
About the only thing I liked were the optional 18" alloys - I'm certainly not going to fork out nearly £2.5K for a cylinder head, airfilter element, stainless steel silencer and some badges though!

3GGG
7th June 2004, 02:56 AM
quote: JCW MINI COOPER S 'Chunk' - DS/DS, Aerokit, Carbon fibre 'scoop', 17" R90 alloys, Xenons, Air-con, Aux guages, Factory tints, Pioneer ICE, Bee Sting Ariel.

I'm sorry Willie, I'm going to have to correct the spelling in your sig

gauges, not guages.
Aerial not ariel.

:)

Willie M
7th June 2004, 03:28 PM
Note to self, DO NOT compile sig file whilst under the influence of strong drink :I
Cheers Daivid David ;)

3GGG
7th June 2004, 03:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Note to self, DO NOT compile sig file whilst under the influence of strong drink :I
Cheers Daivid David ;)

:DBee Sting Ariel = New Bio Washing Powder:D

Tahra
7th June 2004, 05:40 PM
We got our brochure last week too - luckily ( or unluckily) it didnt come with a price list - J was wondering if we could blag it for a courtesy car when ours goes in for a service.....dont think so somehow. Need to do something to ours though - getting a bit common even with silver ears!

Tahra
7th June 2004, 07:40 PM
J was also wondering if T would notice if J subtly transferred a discreet amount of cash from T's bank account to, ahem, make the silver-eared one a little less common.

Whoops, J didn't mean to think that out loud...

J (aka Mr Tahra)

Scottie
15th June 2004, 12:36 AM
I had my car put on the rolling road at minisportat the weekend 194 bhp with the works fitted which I am quite happy about.

Most of them get between 180bhp to 184 bhp.

Duncan Stewart
15th June 2004, 06:25 PM
I thought the Works Cooper S coversion was 200bhp - I'm sure that's what the brochure I looked at said but no prices - from memory I think the S is about £3500

Scottie
15th June 2004, 11:02 PM
Yes that is what the brochure quotes but that is not what you get in real terms.
However I did know that when I got the kit installed.