PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted

weefossy
11th July 2009, 10:04 AM
Mom needs some help.........yes we have all known that for a long time :D

but really, her nephew down in Shropshire wants to buy a Mini and they have been on-line and seen a Cooper in a garage up in Aberdeen, which is a long way to travel on spec. The garage is West Hill Motors and the car is

MINI COOPER 1.6 3DR CHILLI PACK , 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2002 02 Reg , 61,000 miles, Black. Rear electric windows, Rear wiper, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Remote central locking, Height adjustable drivers seat, Front head restraints, Full Service History, Power assisted steering, Radio/CD, Trip computer, Service indicator, Front fog lights, Front electric windows, Electric door mirrors, Drivers airbag, Body coloured bumpers, ABS, Alloy wheels, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Rear headrests. Insurance Group:8, half leather sports trim, rear spoiler, 17" cooper s alloy's, white roof and door mirror capings, £6,450

It looks pretty good on the pictures, but I wondered if anyone up in that area could have a look and give me an opinion before Mom's brother travels all the way up.

Or does anyone know of a Cooper for sale at a similar price? Any help appreciated and a year's supply of sticky toffee pudding from Mom as a reward :clap:

TheDoctor46
11th July 2009, 10:51 AM
Mom needs some help.........yes we have all known that for a long time :D

but really, her nephew down in Shropshire wants to buy a Mini and they have been on-line and seen a Cooper in a garage up in Aberdeen, which is a long way to travel on spec. The garage is West Hill Motors and the car is

MINI COOPER 1.6 3DR CHILLI PACK , 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2002 02 Reg , 61,000 miles, Black. Rear electric windows, Rear wiper, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Remote central locking, Height adjustable drivers seat, Front head restraints, Full Service History, Power assisted steering, Radio/CD, Trip computer, Service indicator, Front fog lights, Front electric windows, Electric door mirrors, Drivers airbag, Body coloured bumpers, ABS, Alloy wheels, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Rear headrests. Insurance Group:8, half leather sports trim, rear spoiler, 17" cooper s alloy's, white roof and door mirror capings, £6,450

It looks pretty good on the pictures, but I wondered if anyone up in that area could have a look and give me an opinion before Mom's brother travels all the way up.

Or does anyone know of a Cooper for sale at a similar price? Any help appreciated and a year's supply of sticky toffee pudding from Mom as a reward :clap:

Jeez thats a long way to travel eh??!!
Have you tried the likes of Pistonheads etc etc?? I'm sure there will be loads of Coopers on there in that price range, and you'll probably find one alot closer??
Hope this helps mate :thumbs up:

euan
11th July 2009, 10:56 AM
Jeez thats a long way to travel eh??!!
Have you tried the likes of Pistonheads etc etc?? I'm sure there will be loads of Coopers on there in that price range, and you'll probably find one alot closer??
Hope this helps mate :thumbs up:

You say that... My brother lives in Aberdeen and wanted a BEP Cooper with a high spec and low miles, spent ages looking and eventually found one. In West London. So, as I live in SW London I went to look at it, took loads of pictures and a test drive, he bought it over the phone and flew down a couple of weeks later to pick it up, then drove it home! It's still in the family, my Mum drives it now. So if it's the right car, distance is no object!

Sorry for the thread hijack - I'll mention it to my brother and see if he can look, but he's got a wee baby so his hands are full a lot of the time these days.

weefossy
11th July 2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Euan, as a grandad I understand what's its like having a young baby:thud:

zimbo
12th July 2009, 11:58 AM
......Any help appreciated and a year's supply of sticky toffee pudding from Mom as a reward :clap:

:eek: :Whistle: Mmmmmm yum yum, oh yes Malcolm the only person I can think of who might be able to help who is Aberdeen is John, so you might be able to PM him and see what he thinks/says. It's just a thought. I mean if anyone knows about minis it's john. :yes nod:

ianking
12th July 2009, 03:16 PM
Malcolm, that car looks a tad pricey from the description. Im sure there will be better bargains than that out there.

weefossy
12th July 2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks Ian, hopefully John (Mom's brother) will be able to do some dealing. Think he is getting new MOT, years road tax and 3 months full waranty.

GCA3N
12th July 2009, 08:29 PM
Malcolm, that car looks a tad pricey from the description. Im sure there will be better bargains than that out there.

My 2002 cooper sold for 6900 from a
dealer, it had almost no service history with 55000 on the clock.

ianking
13th July 2009, 08:27 AM
Think I took far too little at £4250 for my 52 plate pepper white with chilli on 78k then. Sold it too a mate though.

antihero3000
13th July 2009, 08:41 AM
I'd agree that this sounds a little pricey. A good few Cooper S's at that price on an 02 plate.

Nothing wrong with travelling for the right car though, my round trip was 950 miles :thumbs up:

birdog
13th July 2009, 09:06 AM
I work in westhill, I`ll pop round at lunch time and have a look

Actually, go and post the address of the garage, google isn`t having much luck

No, its allright, found it, just round the corner from me.