PDA

View Full Version : MPH Show and Top Gear Live - Friday 13th Nov 2009

Craig
10th July 2009, 11:19 PM
Ok folks, decided after speaking to the illusive MarkyC that we are going to this event on Friday 13th Nov... :thumbs up: Really missed my road trips this year (having nae Overtime sucks! :argh:).

The thought is to do a convoy down early on fri morning as the main show opens at 12 midday. See the MPH show and then go for the Top Gear Live show at 3pm. After the Top Gear bit, do a bit more of the MPH show and some of the Classic Car Show, then run back up the road getting back late. :yawn:;)

There are various prices for the tickets on their website HERE (http://www.mphshow.co.uk/). The Top Gear show is really AWESOME. I went last year and it was superb :thumbs up:

Anyway, this is just to let you know that we will be going and if anybody fancies coming down, just add your name to the thread. More details nearer the time. :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
10th July 2009, 11:23 PM
We're going. Tickets booked for the Friday 3pm show also. But not sure how/when we're going down and back. We may fly down Fri and back on Sat, as yet undecided.

A.

GCA3N
10th July 2009, 11:54 PM
I fancy the platinum tickets, what ticket you going for craig, Also will be doing this myself I think at £99 for a decent ticket.

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2009, 12:31 AM
I fancy the platinum tickets, what ticket you going for craig, Also will be doing this myself I think at £99 for a decent ticket.

Greig, the first year we sent we got a Silver ticket and the view was excellent. Last year we went for Gold and we were very close to the front - maybe 10 or 15 rows back. I doubt you'll get much better view with a Platinum ticket. Although you do get a posh meal. We don't really do posh food so we just went for Gold again this year.

Pretty sure this year we are on row G or H or something like that. Keep trying to check online but Seetickets order tracker system is down.

A.

Craig
11th July 2009, 09:18 AM
I will be buying Gold tickets this year. last night I check and it was row N... ;)

Crombers
17th July 2009, 08:53 AM
I will be buying Gold tickets this year. last night I check and it was row N... ;)

You just remember yer fuel card :rolleyes:

Craig
17th July 2009, 09:07 AM
You just remember yer fuel card :rolleyes:

aye, topped up every 200 miles... :rolleyes:;)

Crombers
17th July 2009, 09:21 AM
aye, topped up every 200 miles... :rolleyes:;)

Oh, taking it gently are we :Whistle: :rolleyes: :D

Big Gordy
17th July 2009, 12:23 PM
When does the NEC close on the Friday:confused:
Would we manage to see most of the MPH before / after Top Gear:confused:
Ross and I fancy this but not if the NEC shuts at 6pm and we hardly get to see any of it:argh: We'll need to check his shifts of course:rolleyes:
Is 65 quid not a bit steep for one day at the show:eek:

Edit: found the times....12noon - 9pm

Craig
17th July 2009, 01:05 PM
When does the NEC close on the Friday:confused:
Would we manage to see most of the MPH before / after Top Gear:confused:
Ross and I fancy this but not if the NEC shuts at 6pm and we hardly get to see any of it:argh: We'll need to check his shifts of course:rolleyes:

Edit: found the times....12noon - 9pm

Yes and no Gordy. The £65 gets you into the MPH Show, the Classic Car Show and also Top Gear Live. They are 3 seperate entities really. I would pay £40 just to go and see Top Gear Live. It was a great show last year, great stunts and also hilarious :laugh::laugh: So add on the £25 and you get the other 2 car shows, the back stage tour after TG Live and also a couple of free drinks and a show programme (Which if you buy it on it's own is £12 - or it was last year :eek:)

zimbo
17th July 2009, 01:36 PM
Mmmm this sounds very tempting... :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2009, 02:48 PM
Yes and no Gordy. The £65 gets you into the MPH Show, the Classic Car Show and also Top Gear Live. They are 3 seperate entities really. I would pay £40 just to go and see Top Gear Live. It was a great show last year, great stunts and also hilarious :laugh::laugh: So add on the £25 and you get the other 2 car shows, the back stage tour after TG Live and also a couple of free drinks and a show programme (Which if you buy it on it's own is £12 - or it was last year :eek:)

Yeah! What he said.:thumbs up:

Mmmm this sounds very tempting... :Whistle:

Zimbo the whole day is a blast. You'll love it:thumbs up:

A.:D

Crombers
17th July 2009, 06:30 PM

Yup :Whistle:

I know where I'd rather spend my do$h

N12 JLK
20th July 2009, 10:38 AM
Will check hols when in work tomorrow:sad:

Will also need to check school holidays as Kerr would not be chuffed if we went without him:ragin: