PDA

View Full Version : Couple of pics of the new car......

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 06:37 PM
Couple of crappy phone pics i took of the car tonight, will take better ones when its been detailed:cool: Wheels are getting refurbed again by the dealer as i'm not happy with them:sad:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/FarkyRR/100_0616.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/FarkyRR/100_0621.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj68/FarkyRR/100_0620.jpg

:thumbs up:

rpn
10th July 2009, 07:06 PM
Wheels are getting refurbed again by the dealer as i'm not happy with them:sad: :thumbs up:

Nice looking car :thumbs up:

What's wrong with the wheels :confused: They look alright to me!

Hamish
10th July 2009, 07:12 PM
Tastyyyyyy! :D

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 07:18 PM
Nice looking car :thumbs up:

What's wrong with the wheels :confused: They look alright to me!

They are OK from a distance mate but when your closer, it looks like the paint is cracking and twisting if that makes sense?? Not happy with them so the Salesman is getting them done again for me!!:thumbs up:
While on the subject, Stephen the Salesman at Eastern in Edinburgh has been VERY VERY helpful throughout my purchase of the car there!!! Recommended!! :thumbs up:

Tastyyyyyy! :D

Thank you very much mate, me and my Wife absolutely love it!! :thumbs up:

Hamish
10th July 2009, 07:53 PM
They are OK from a distance mate but when your closer, it looks like the paint is cracking and twisting if that makes sense?? Not happy with them so the Salesman is getting them done again for me!!:thumbs up:
While on the subject, Stephen the Salesman at Eastern in Edinburgh has been VERY VERY helpful throughout my purchase of the car there!!! Recommended!! :thumbs up:

Thank you very much mate, me and my Wife absolutely love it!! :thumbs up:

dont blame you 2 lol, like i say in virtually every post on a new car... makes me want a road mini even more hahahaa, feel left out! :rolleyes:

Craig
10th July 2009, 08:43 PM
Nice one Ian... :thumbs up:

my wheels aren't very good either, but then again when the guy does them out of the side of his van, then it ain't going to be as good as a full powdercoat.. ;)
Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at the speedfair. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
10th July 2009, 09:06 PM
cars looks very nice:yes nod::cool:, hope you enjoy it, any future plans?

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Nice one Ian... :thumbs up:Look forward to seeing it in the flesh at the speedfair. :thumbs up:

Cheers Craig, will def be at the Speedfair:thumbs up:
I know what your saying about the guy that refurbs the wheels, but they'll keep getting it back til i'm happy with them. I'll take some close up pics 2moro of the wheels and you'll see what i mean, REALLY REALLY bad job!!! :yes nod:

cars looks very nice:yes nod::cool:, hope you enjoy it, any future plans?

Cheers mate. Its going to be the daily driver for my Wife just now but hopefully i'll throw on the odd 'mod' when she aint looking!!! :D
Whats the most popular mods?
Taking the car on its first camping trip 2moro so i'll soon find out just how much can be crammed into a Mini!! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
10th July 2009, 09:51 PM
Taking the car on its first camping trip 2moro so i'll soon find out just how much can be crammed into a Mini!! :thumbs up:

oh dear not alot to be honest. mods wise the skys the limit, spend some time going through the gallery showcases and you will see some nice examples. word of warning unless you have a small fortune to hand just admire Gismo's thread, this is what you can do with alot of pennies to spend.

Gismo
10th July 2009, 09:53 PM
Whats the most popular mods?By far the best mod is the reduced supercharger pulley and very cost effective :thumbs up: you just have to travel a bit to get it installed correctly, plenty tuners down south, assuming it's more power you want.

Check some of the sponsors for audio and graphics

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 10:14 PM
oh dear not alot to be honest.

Yeah, was thinking that!! Funny how it seems to be the first Question everyone asks about the Mini "How big is the boot?" :eek:
Might even take pics when its 'crammed' just for a laugh!! :D

Check some of the sponsors for audio and graphics

I'm thinking about a good headunit just now so i can control my iPOD through it.
I had a great Alpine unit in my last car so may get the same again!! :thumbs up:

Ally S
10th July 2009, 10:35 PM
I'm thinking about a good headunit just now so i can control my iPOD through it.
I had a great Alpine unit in my last car so may get the same again!! :thumbs up:

looking good with the white wheels.

you can get a module that plugs in to the factory head unit i think. was in modern mini mag. costs over £100 or so but its a pretty snazzy device.

Gismo
10th July 2009, 10:38 PM
I had a great Alpine unit in my last car so may get the same again!! :thumbs up:You have the Harmon Kardon system, so, not sure what options you have on an after market head unit cause the amp is tied into the MINI head unit.
I know that mikeythemini (sponsor) had a clever device that allowed an aftermarket head unit to work with the amp as well, something to consider

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 10:38 PM
looking good with the white wheels.

you can get a module that plugs in to the factory head unit i think. was in modern mini mag. costs over £100 or so but its a pretty snazzy device.

Thanks on the wheels mate!

Modern Mini Mag???? I was going to ask if there was any good New Mini Mags out there!! Wheres the best place to get the Mag?

Edited: just went onto there site and found ALL my local stockists!!! WooHoo!!

TheDoctor46
10th July 2009, 10:41 PM
You have the Harmon Kardon system, so, not sure what options you have on an after market head unit cause the amp is tied into the MINI head unit.
I know that mikeythemini (sponsor) had a clever device that allowed an aftermarket head unit to work with the amp as well, something to consider

Mmmmm, i didnt know this?? Yeah, its the head unit Boost thingy with Harmon Kardon Speakers....or is it just one system??
Can you get the 2 seperate?

Gismo
10th July 2009, 10:50 PM
Mmmmm, i didnt know this?? Yeah, its the head unit Boost thingy with Harmon Kardon Speakers....or is it just one system??
Can you get the 2 seperate?Best to ask Mikey or Iain at Audio Advice, both sponsors on here.

The amp provides all the snazzy spatial and other tweaky stuff for the MINI headunit and i'm pretty sure it won't work with an aftermarket head unit without some tinkering.

The speakers are slightly better than normal, but, nothing compared to aftermarket ones available from the sponsors i mentioned

audrey
10th July 2009, 11:05 PM
Looks :cool:

Sure you will both love driving it :yes nod:

baptie
10th July 2009, 11:29 PM
Mint!

Love it.

illegalhunter
11th July 2009, 08:26 AM
Very clean & shinny

TheDoctor46