PDA

View Full Version : new tyres

G19RNT
8th July 2009, 07:48 PM
just bought a new set of alloys for the gf's a3 and am looking for tyres for them have decided on michelin pilot sports or goodyear eagle f1s was just wondering whic would be best they are goin to be on the car all year round so need a good all round tyre that are long lasting

ianking
8th July 2009, 09:16 PM
I would go with the michelin if it was my money.

Craig
8th July 2009, 09:38 PM
I am doing to say the goodyears as I had them on Knottie 1 and they were great. Plus all the traffic cars at work have them on and those guys swear by them.. :thumbs up:

MrMischief
8th July 2009, 09:51 PM
I'd avoid the Michelin's at all costs, had a few sets in the past on different cars & never liked any of them.

Why limit your choice to those brands?

ianking
8th July 2009, 09:54 PM
Ive always found the michelins to last for a long time and provide excellent grip. Only thing wrong with them is that they are very expensive.

MrMischief
8th July 2009, 10:17 PM
Ive always found the michelins to last for a long time and provide excellent grip. Only thing wrong with them is that they are very expensive.

Would have to disagree with grip levels, especially poor in the wet, ok in the dry but nothing special - hence lasting a long time.

:moonie::D

BigStuff
9th July 2009, 11:03 AM
I am doing to say the goodyears as I had them on Knottie 1 and they were great. Plus all the traffic cars at work have them on and those guys swear by them.. :thumbs up:

Good enough reason imo. GY excellence on missus car are great and wearing well.

Bazthemod
9th July 2009, 02:29 PM
I run pilots and i have full confidence in them :smilewinkgrin:

Laura
9th July 2009, 06:12 PM
Michelins are the daddy, but they're usually the most expensive

doogz__
9th July 2009, 06:15 PM
Damn ^^^ That was me, forgot to sign Laura out

euan
10th July 2009, 08:34 AM
I had Michelins on the last car, didn't like them in the wet either.

Currently run Bridgestone on the coupe, no complaints at all but they do seem to wear quickly when new and then settle down, so they burn through down to 5MM then seem to settle there for ages. Done about 20K on them and they are at 2MM on the front and 3MM on the back, which isn't bad. Pricey though.

G19RNT
10th July 2009, 07:50 PM
hi i've decided to go for the eagle f1s as they were 30 quid cheaper and the tread pattern looks cooler aswel

euan
10th July 2009, 08:14 PM
hi i've decided to go for the eagle f1s as they were 30 quid cheaper and the tread pattern looks cooler aswel

I know what you mean, but looking cool doesn't help with corners :-) But that's why I had the pilots on the last car!

Scottie
10th July 2009, 08:26 PM
My fav tyres are the conti

GCA3N
10th July 2009, 09:31 PM
I don't know if they do run flats but best make of tyres I have run were bridgestones, can't remember what ones but they were about £100 a corner and were really good on wet and dry