PDA

View Full Version : Hello from The Museum of Transport

Heather_MOT
8th July 2009, 03:05 PM
Hi,

My name's Heather and I am a curator at Glasgow's Transport Museum. I am responsible for a new display about the Classsic Mini and that's why I've joined the site. I'd like to know what real Scottish people feel about the Mini and all it stands for. I'm carrying out research at the moment and the new display is being developed for our move to the new Riverside building next to the Clyde. I hope you've all seen the Mini we have in the collection. We're going to make it quite a feature in the new museum. It's a hugely popular car with our visitors and I love researching it - so I've posted some questions on the Classic Mini forum (I hope that's okay!) and I look forward to reading your thoughts and opinions on the first Mini.

Kind regards,

Heather

Gismo
8th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Heather, :welcome:, your project should provide some invaluable information

antihero3000
8th July 2009, 03:26 PM
Fantastic, you're just down the road from me :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
8th July 2009, 04:04 PM
Hi :welcome:

Crombers
9th July 2009, 09:16 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

Have seen your Mini many many times & I'm sure I will have old photies lying about somewhere from all the years I've popped into the Museum (:Whistle: if only I can remember where).

Looking forward to seeing it's new 'hoose' on the Riverside.

Like many on this site I've owned 2 examples of the classic Mini & when BMW announced plans & then actually go into production with the new MINI it just rekindled memories of your first car's & that go-cart handling experience :D.
I would like to think that clubs like NMS have really brought the brand back to life with a bang & to be at events like MINI United down at Silverstone celebrating 50 years of the brand made me think that Mini/MINI is at an all time high in the popularity stakes. To give you an idea of how big MINI United was, in our hotel we had 70 plus people from Russia who had brought their MINI's over for the event :clap:
It has also been said that $demand$ for the classic Mini is at an all time high in the USA because of the impact / awareness caused by the introduction of the BMW MINI.
One of the best parts of the runs that we organise on NMS is the reaction you get from local people as we pass by their towns & villages. MINI's create a reaction few cars could muster & the :bigwave: we get really do make you :D

Hopefully others will be along to add their bit & I'm sure NMS will supply any information you may be looking for :thumbs up:

Stewart
9th July 2009, 10:05 AM
"One of the best parts of the runs that we organise on NMS is the reaction you get from local people"

Have too agree with that after the Twilight Run…the people in the Villages and on the Road looked like they appreciated the effort of taking Seventeen Mini’s on tour to the North of Scotland. Sorry still love this shot.....

http://file049b.bebo.com/1/large/2009/06/24/11/8670123900a11096641065l.jpg

Craig
9th July 2009, 06:17 PM
:welcome:

Colin
9th July 2009, 11:41 PM

Heather_MOT
14th July 2009, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for such a warm welcome!:D
I should have mentioned - the Transport Museum is free to visit. Any thoughts at all on the Classic Mini - send them my way!

Thanks

Duncan Stewart
14th July 2009, 07:39 PM

weefossy
14th July 2009, 09:05 PM
Welcome Heather, think I can see a future run based on a visit to your new home :idea: :welcome:

Craig
14th July 2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome Heather, think I can see a future run based on a visit to your new home :idea: :welcome:

sounds like a plan for a winter run/meet. :thumbs up:

Stewart
14th July 2009, 11:27 PM
I think i went when i was young.....when is the new place up and does it have parking :blush:

shaunbhoy67
17th July 2009, 11:14 AM