PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France...

zimbo
6th July 2009, 10:03 AM
Anybody else been watching this? I love watching this. These guys NEVER stop amazing me, the levels of fitness these guys must have is unbelievable!!! :eek: :clap: and they dont hang about either...

Gismo
6th July 2009, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't keep up with the FJR :Whistle:

euan
6th July 2009, 01:24 PM
It's the average speeds that are scary, they averaged 26mph yesterday over 187KMs, granted there wasn't a lot of climbs but even so, very impressive.

Since I got my road bike again it's given me a new sense of awe!

Ally S
8th July 2009, 01:04 PM
road bikes are great for the road - so much faster with the skinny tyres.

I watched a documentary on Chris Boardman about him breaking the world indoor record on a bike without any aerodynamic aids. Pretty impressive stuff. The ride on the track was amazing to watch with the crowd going ballistic.

Smitty
19th July 2009, 10:43 AM
I've been watching in from the get go - been a bit of a strange tour so far. Roll on the alps today though...hopeful one of the big guns steps up and attacks.

Cav screwed up yesterday though - going to be tough for him to get the green now, unless he can grab some early points from the sprints in the alps but I very much doubt it! :frown:

Big Gordy
19th July 2009, 08:20 PM
I was late watching ITV4's coverage today and missed the first 10mins:frown: Did I hear he'd got a hefty fine and all his points taken away for blocking another bloke:confused: Didn't look like it to me on the replay:Whistle:

Ivano
19th July 2009, 09:03 PM
Eurosport's TV coverage is brilliant. I have been watching the highlights show in the evenings. I'm looking forward to watching the live coverage next week when i'm off.

I think Lance Armstrong could do it this year, as he is right up there in the standings and wait until he gets into the Mountains...

Smitty
20th July 2009, 12:56 AM
I think Lance Armstrong could do it this year, as he is right up there in the standings and wait until he gets into the Mountains...

I think Lance got well and truly served today! :hand:

Contador has this in the bag. It's a race for 2nd now - here's hoping Wigo can keep going and pip Lance and Schleck! :clap:

I Did I hear he'd got a hefty fine and all his points taken away for blocking another bloke:confused: Didn't look like it to me on the replay:Whistle:

Yeah - he "apparently" blocked Hushovd, but when you look at the overhead camera you can see that the barriers come in. It was a tough one to call, but I think removing all his stage points was a harsh move!

Ivano
20th July 2009, 02:05 PM
I think Lance got well and truly served today! :hand:

Contador has this in the bag. It's a race for 2nd now - here's hoping Wigo can keep going and pip Lance and Schleck! :clap:

Yeah i think i will retract my last post. I hadn't seen yesterday's highlights before i posted up. I agree with you i think Contador will take it now and Lance has admitted that he won't win it and that it will be a Team Astana effort now to get Contador through and hopefully 3 Astana riders in the top 5 at the end...

euan
20th July 2009, 02:40 PM
Has anyone got a link to the block? I was moving house so missed the coverage as my freeview box was playing up (kept thinking it was connecting to Crystal Palace transmitter. Which is 150 miles away...)

Smitty
20th July 2009, 10:21 PM
You can watch it the highlights again on ITV Player Euan :thumbs up:

euan
21st July 2009, 09:19 AM
You can watch it the highlights again on ITV Player Euan :thumbs up:

Cheers!

I realised last night that there was a highlights programme on ITV late, and I forgot to set the recorder so will check out ITV player - thanks!

The only problem with the TDF is it makes me want to ride my bike, but as I've never taken it out in the rain, and it's been VERY wet of late, I'm kind of stuck! The last ride I did was the week it was very hot and I did a monster ride through warwickshire and loved it. Driving me mad!!!