PDA

View Full Version : The weather is..

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 08:35 AM
Too damn hot for me.

Personally I'm fed up of the hot weather already and it's just the start of summer.:ragin:

Much prefer winter, me.

A.

stoney
2nd July 2009, 08:43 AM
what about not to bad in the day but to hot at night as a option for the poll ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 09:14 AM
Naw, Stoney, I'ts either too hot or it's not - thems yer choices.;)

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 09:17 AM
It's weird though, if this was in Orlando I'd be saying it was a tad on the chilly side. I guess it's just a different kind of heat, whereas this heat is oppressive, stuffy and makes my hay-fever go nuts:frown:, the Orlando heat is clean, almost refreshing and doesn't affect my hay-fever at all.:D

A.

GCA3N
2nd July 2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry I think it's spot on Andy would'nt want it hotter though, so my vote (due to the lack of choices:p) will be too hot:yes nod:

Knox18
2nd July 2009, 09:53 AM
not hot enough!!!

i'm going to dubai later in the month to see my dad and he said on the phone yesterday that it was a mild 47 celcius there :thumbs up:

Burple
2nd July 2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry I think it's spot on Andy would'nt want it hotter though

Pretty much this..
Spot on heat for summer here :cool:

any hotter and it would be too much :p:thumbs up::moonie:

Burple
2nd July 2009, 09:55 AM
not hot enough!!!

i'm going to dubai later in the month to see my dad and he said on the phone yesterday that it was a mild 47 celcius there :thumbs up:

It's probably hotter! :eek:

Isn't Dubai one of those countries where if it goes above 47, then everything has to stop? Strangely enough.. any temperature readings in public never go above 47... ;)

Stewart
2nd July 2009, 09:57 AM
Too muggy for me, you get the feeling its trying its hardest to be a Thunderstorm but just not getting there…plus the place could do with a good heavy rain shower… :D

japper
2nd July 2009, 11:02 AM
Aberdeen is not hot enough, it's the crap summers up here that is the only time i wish i hadn't moved up from darn sarf:smilewinkgrin:

Today's not bad.

japper
2nd July 2009, 11:04 AM
It's probably hotter! :eek:

Isn't Dubai one of those countries where if it goes above 47, then everything has to stop? Strangely enough.. any temperature readings in public never go above 47... ;)

Correct, however it's the humidity in Dubai that's more noticeable. June through August is not nice.

Livi
2nd July 2009, 11:22 AM
It's weird though, if this was in Orlando I'd be saying it was a tad on the chilly side. I guess it's just a different kind of heat, whereas this heat is oppressive, stuffy and makes my hay-fever go nuts:frown:, the Orlando heat is clean, almost refreshing and doesn't affect my hay-fever at all.:D

A.

Have to agree there! :thumbs up:

Canada was the same, nice refreshing warmth that i could actually handle, even though it was 30 degrees at 10am

Not once was i effected with hayfever, but as soon as i landed again, it started lol!!

Delboy
2nd July 2009, 11:42 AM
We don't get enough of this hot weather so I'm certainly not going to complain when we do :hand:.

stoney
2nd July 2009, 12:11 PM
well its just started pi$$ing it down here

stoney
2nd July 2009, 12:16 PM
and now stoped

Ally S
2nd July 2009, 12:44 PM
We don't get enough of this hot weather so I'm certainly not going to complain when we do :hand:.

yeah same here. excellent weather for enjoying the garden in the evenings. mmm.

baptie
2nd July 2009, 12:46 PM
when the sweat runs down the shuck of yer erse its to warm......well i have got a shirt and tie on!!!

Scottie
2nd July 2009, 02:35 PM
It's rubbish far too hot not the weather
for washing or detailing the car. I was more
soaked than the car was last niight

Crombers
2nd July 2009, 04:01 PM
No matter the weather, us Scots have something to complain about :rolleyes:

Personally I'd turn it down a tad as our (work) trailer fridges keep conking out in this heat & it's a pain in the :moonie:

zimbo
2nd July 2009, 05:17 PM
This is'nt hot!!!! :rolleyes: COME ON THE HEAT..... :yes nod: bring it on:D

I fancy visiting Dubai one day, told its really nice and the weather sounds great :thumbs up:

t18tav
2nd July 2009, 05:28 PM
I think this is perfect heat, was 28 c in inverurie today and i was loving it, hope it stays like this longer :thumbs up::thumbs up::clap:

Bumble
2nd July 2009, 08:00 PM
Bring on the sun - a proper summer for a change :)

Scottie
2nd July 2009, 08:07 PM
fingers crossed is RAINS RAINS RAINS tonight, tomorrow and the next day. I'm killing any spider I can find.

Also my dogs hate this heat. They have been soaked three times today with the hose and ice cubes in their water.

Craig
2nd July 2009, 09:58 PM
No matter the weather, us Scots have something to complain about :rolleyes:

Personally I'd turn it down a tad as our (work) trailer fridges keep conking out in this heat & it's a pain in the :moonie:

they better no be delivering to my shop round the corner... :thud:

weefossy
2nd July 2009, 10:06 PM
It's never too hot, your just wearing the wrong
clothes :p

audrey
2nd July 2009, 10:24 PM
I like the sun but it has been way too hot especially at night can't sleep :frown:

It was reading 31.5 when I was in the car today can't be bothered doing anything

camjay
2nd July 2009, 10:25 PM
This opressive heat is torture - its great if you can dip in and out of a pool all day but when you've got to work in it, its hard going.

Was in Egypt last month and it was murder - 40 degrees. The lowest it got at night was about 30 - not for me! :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 11:31 PM
I actually found it a bit fresher today. But then I was in shorts and a T all day instead of trousers and shirt.:thumbs up:

All the forecasts are for the heatwave to move on tomorrow - here's hoping.;)

I was watering one of my neighbours gardens this evening while he's away on holiday. As I walked down the side of his house I noticed a warm sensation on my cheek. So I pressed the palm of my hand against his bricks and they were roasting. That side of his house doesn't even get the sun. Must be coming from the inside. Now that's hot!:eek:

stoney
3rd July 2009, 08:51 AM
i would say its just right the now as long the sun is here in just under 5 weeks i will be happy

Mini Ecosse
3rd July 2009, 10:56 AM
I actually found it a bit fresher today. But then I was in shorts and a T all day instead of trousers and shirt.:thumbs up:

That would have been a sight worth seeing!:Whistle::bigwave:

Stephen

euan
3rd July 2009, 12:24 PM

All the forecasts are for the heatwave to move on tomorrow - here's hoping.;)

I was watering one of my neighbours gardens this evening while he's away on holiday. As I walked down the side of his house I noticed a warm sensation on my cheek. So I pressed the palm of my hand against his bricks and they were roasting. That side of his house doesn't even get the sun. Must be coming from the inside. Now that's hot!:eek:

Hot from the inside? did you check for flames!

I find it too hot at night, I don't mind it in the day but today is much nicer! It's the humidity I don't like, I can stand dry heat much better.

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2009, 12:24 AM
Hot from the inside? did you check for flames!

I did. There wasn't any. Everything had a kind of charcoal-ey look to it though.:Whistle:

Bazthemod
4th July 2009, 12:18 PM
My work cant cope with the heat... not helped by the fact that the aircon system failed and thought it was only 10 degrees outside so started heating the store to compensate!

The temp inside store reached 40 at one point as you can imagine the heat from TVs etc... was absolute hell... customers were starting to walk out and i dont blame them!

Thankfully im on holiday now for a week! Sympathy with hayfever sufferers as i get it really bad, however i got that thing advertised on TV that you stick up your nose for few minutes and it works a treat even if you do look silly its worth it lol :blush:

shaunbhoy67
6th July 2009, 06:45 PM
Im loving the heat during the day but at night it has being too clammy and stuffy and i too have hay fever and its a nightmare but during the day loving the heat :cool: