PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question for JCW cars?

joec73
28th June 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi all,
This is my first post so go easy please.:computer:
i have spent the last few hours reading various posts on insurance on here trying to find out how to go about insuring a car with jcw mods.
we have just purchased a 56 plate checkmate cooper s.
the car has the Jcw 210 tuning kit (dealer fit i think at time of first ordered)
it also has Jcw suspension and brake upgrade (added after first purchased)
also on the car is the roof / mirror caps silver, bonnet decals.

so how do i go about declaring the mods for the insurance companies?
do i have to say exhaust, engine chipped, filters , uprated brakes and suspension and body styling or can i just state them as jcw tuning and brake/suspension kits?

also i am not quite sure about what else has been to the car that makes it non standard:blush:

can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks j

RyanK
28th June 2009, 07:25 PM
In the 'choose your car' section on the insurers website your car will be classed as a Mini Cooper S R53 JCW 2002-2006. This will keep you right with the insurers

joec73
28th June 2009, 07:31 PM
In the 'choose your car' section on the insurers website your car will be classed as a Mini Cooper S R53 JCW 2002-2006. This will keep you right with the insurers
Hi Ryan,
All the sites i went to classed my car as a Cooper S with no mention of JCW

RyanK
28th June 2009, 07:40 PM
On elephant they have the cars with JCW kit classed as 'S WORKS' although there is a seperate section for the checkmate 'S CHECKMATE' so I now see where you are coming from. There is no option for 'S CHECKMATE WORKS' which would be what you are looking for?

I think it'd be best probably to phone them and advise the car is a checkmate with the dealer fitted JCW kit.