PDA

View Full Version : Insurance premium

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 03:43 PM
Was getting my honda renewal this morning, so thought I would tell them about my new alloys..........old premium 310 ish new one 690....:eek:. They said that was the best quote because i put non OEM wheels on. I said fine I will orginsie getting new insurance for the honda and my house (all with kwik fit) " ok sir I will see if there is anything my manager can do" she came back with quote at 470, still quite alot, but I have checked on line and the cheapest i got (with non OEM wheels) was 430. So I guess it is lucky I mentioned it, did'nt think it would have made a difference.:frown:

Gismo
25th June 2009, 03:51 PM
Have you tried our sponsor Chris Knox????

Delboy
25th June 2009, 04:01 PM
Not sure if you're talking about your Mini insurance or Honda but most mods will increase your premium to some degree. Some companies just don't like modified cars so will either not quote you or quote silly numbers to make you go away. Found that out in my Subaru days.......:sad:.

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure if you're talking about your Mini insurance or Honda but most mods will increase your premium to some degree. Some companies just don't like modified cars so will either not quote you or quote silly numbers to make you go away. Found that out in my Subaru days.......:sad:.

My insurance never changed on the Cooper when i done all the mods, not sure why it is different now?:sad:

Craig
25th June 2009, 06:05 PM
Have you tried our sponsor Chris Knox????

I would do that ^^^^^ greig as they will insure your cars and your house, plus they have no problems with your mods and seem very reasonable. :thumbs up:

I got a great deal :yes nod: MUCH cheaper than Greenlight, although the insurance company I am insured with is still the same.. :rolleyes: (Highway)

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 06:09 PM
I would do that ^^^^^ greig as they will insure your cars and your house, plus they have no problems with your mods and seem very reasonable. :thumbs up:

I got a great deal :yes nod: MUCH cheaper than Greenlight, although the insurance company I am insured with is still the same.. :rolleyes: (Highway)

This was not a renewal quote so i will get charged now if i cancel. The quote at the start of the policy was amazing and I am sure even with Chris Knox would not have matched £310. Anyway will get a quote next time it is up for renewal.

Craig
25th June 2009, 06:10 PM
This was not a renewal quote so i will get charged now if i cancel. The quote at the start of the policy was amazing and I am sure even with Chris Knox would not have matched £310. Anyway will get a quote next time it is up for renewal.

you would be surprised... I got quoted £310 for a GP... :Whistle:

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 06:18 PM

you are a tease big man. How cool would that be, a GP, mmmmmm....fast....arrrghhhh:yes nod:

Ally S
25th June 2009, 09:41 PM

or was it a clubman? ;)

antihero3000
26th June 2009, 08:25 AM
Maybe worth trying HIC? I'm with them and all cosmetic mods are free, performance mods are very cheap too.

I'm only paying £600 a year at 23 :thumbs up:

Crombers
26th June 2009, 08:56 AM
I ain't been charged one iota for any of my mods & thats with Adrian Flux

I did have to move to AF when I got the Aerokit fitted as my previous insurer (Budget) would not tolerate any modifications at all even though it was a factory option :confused:

Ally S
26th June 2009, 09:04 AM
I did have to move to AF when I got the Aerokit fitted as my previous insurer (Budget) would not tolerate any modifications at all even though it was a factory option :confused:

You would think it would just be classed as an option instead of a modification in that case.