PDA

View Full Version : my car was vandalised... again.

minidriver#1
10th May 2004, 12:43 AM
since there is censorship here, i'll just link to the post on my forum. forgive the swear words, but i was fuming. i'm cool now.

http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/upload/showpost.php?p=304850&postcount=1

I've estimated about £1200 total cost of respray. I guess a new colour would probably be a good option now since 3/4 of the car needs resprayed at least.

Gismo
10th May 2004, 12:59 AM
Sorry to hear that KJ :( too gutted for words

3GGG
10th May 2004, 01:03 AM
That sucks KJ, hope they catch the neds.

Julz
10th May 2004, 01:21 AM
Jings KJ, what can I say!! I hate to think what would happen to our cars if they weren't parked right outside a police station every night!!

Where abouts was your car when this happened??

Neds should all be hung by their bitties!!:mad::mad::mad:

minidriver#1
10th May 2004, 02:22 AM
just off Perth Road in a residential area. I'm careful were i park and thought this was safe, but obviously not. I'm contemplating selling the car and buying a tank.

Julz
10th May 2004, 03:35 AM
Any armoured vehicle might be a wise choice!!:evil:

Monsta Mo Mini
10th May 2004, 03:56 AM
Really sorry for you mate....

I agree about what you should do to them...law will do nothing.

GAJ
10th May 2004, 04:04 AM
Absolute nightmare! I know exactly how you feel! If you catch them and need a hand let me know!

Wul
10th May 2004, 04:09 AM
KJ - Gutted for you man! I know exactly how you are feeling right now! Spent £2k of a bank loan to buy and do up over winter a cool motorbike (Yamaha TDR250)when i was younger only for it to be nicked in edinburgh on a friday afternoon just off the Royal Mile during the festival - 3 locks on the bike and infront of a busy restaurant - it was lifted into a van an no-one reported it! Could only afford 3rd party only insurance so spent the next 6 months paying off a loan for a bike i never had! That afternoon i felt like going on a rampage!

I hear your pain man - hope the b@stards rot in hell!

macblob
10th May 2004, 04:13 AM
Damm Kj,that blows man , hope the wee fu**ers get all they deserve, been on the end of that mindless vandalism myself before.
At least if they break into the car and nick the ice or whatever there is a point to it, ie, steal stuff to sell etc, but scratching the panels...... I mean WTF, what do people if u can call em that gain out of it?.....ummm NOTHING.....totally pointless but then again i suppose neds have absolutely nothing between there ears sooo pointless acts like that probably seem ok with them ....again sorry to hear about ur motor

phantom
10th May 2004, 04:16 AM
Sorry mate, no words can say what we should do too these freak shows, my other car, a carola, got scratched at weekend, its 9 years old, but I had the same thoughts as you. Respect!

duncan
10th May 2004, 04:33 AM
Sorry to hear this KJ, i kinda know how you feel.

Mini Martyn
10th May 2004, 05:19 AM
KJ, dude i am sooo sorry to hear about your car these bastards need to pay, if i found out who did it i would tie them to the back of the car a drag them along the ground!!!

Hope you can get it sorted ok, and hope to see you soon!!

ny152
10th May 2004, 05:57 AM
Thats awful KJ.
Seen your MINI before and think we all know how much care and effort you put into keeping it looking so good.

Hope you get the car sorted okay and that the little neds who done it get what they deserve.
What the hell can they possibly get out of doing something like that????

Starky
10th May 2004, 07:09 AM
That's a bummer KJ, get the baseball bat.

minidriver#1
10th May 2004, 08:28 AM
thanks for the kind words folk. Its going to JC's tomorrow and in for repairs then i'm afraid its up for sale after that unless i find a small run around for going to see the gf n all that. I just dont understand the mentallity of people sometimes.

broken_brian
10th May 2004, 08:41 AM
little ****ers hope they get caught and strung up for what they did mate. just dont sell your car on that reason alone just get the gf to come round to your house just to save you parking it at hers again. or you fancy a swap of cars with me ;)

sh@z
10th May 2004, 10:53 AM
right guys, gotta talk KJ outta selling...

hes thinking of getting ..... a ....... a..................focu..... oh man cant say it!!

KJ u know u cant do it dude

Big Col
10th May 2004, 05:09 PM
Put a couple of nails through the bat too KJ.

Duncan Stewart
10th May 2004, 05:24 PM
Why on earth would someone do that to your car? These mindless morons are beyond help! But don’t let them win by selling the car

minidriver#1
10th May 2004, 05:47 PM
cars not going for sale, decided today. I'm just gonna make it better n keep it for going to work in. just waiting on a quote from JC's.

Mini Cruiser
10th May 2004, 06:59 PM
sorry to hear it KJ, hope u find out who did it. People make me SICK, jealously is a terrible thing, theres no need of it, y cant people just be happy for other people who have sumut nice and respect there property?

Linda M
10th May 2004, 07:34 PM
Feel for you KJ, like the rest of us I know how much you look after your MINI !

lightbody
10th May 2004, 07:46 PM
KJ - Sorry to hear about that, must feel terrible. Hope you get it sorted and it doesn't happen again.

From the sounds of your profile, your Mini is a real attention-grabber... as another who has to keep their precious MINI on a public road and leaves it parked all over Glasgow, I quite often leave it dirty deliberately and also have not felt that i can do any further mods to it without bringing too much attention to it... having said that something will probably happen to it tonight now!

Mini Martyn
10th May 2004, 08:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

KJ - Sorry to hear about that, must feel terrible. Hope you get it sorted and it doesn't happen again.

From the sounds of your profile, your Mini is a real attention-grabber... as another who has to keep their precious MINI on a public road and leaves it parked all over Glasgow, I quite often leave it dirty deliberately and also have not felt that i can do any further mods to it without bringing too much attention to it... having said that something will probably happen to it tonight now!

Dont worry Rob I will keep an eye on it when I pass!! ;)

minidriver#1
10th May 2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

yeh its just jealousy. ach well, i'll get it fixed and it'll be back stronger than ever. I'll just not use it for pleasure, use the bus instead i spose. lol. save money too.

Willie M
11th May 2004, 03:36 PM
KJ. I was absolutely gutted when I read this post. I honestly cannot believe the mentality of whatever ar*ehole peformed such an act on your car (or anyone's car for that matter). Soething really should be done about people like this :mad::mad::evil:

Reading above it would appear that you've reconsidered about selling the car. Glad to hear it. However much it hurts at the time, don't let these lowlife scum win by selling your pride and joy.

Keep yer chin up mate :cool:

Heather
12th May 2004, 03:58 AM
sniper rifle. Think of it as natural selection. Serioulsy thats a bummer. Some twat bumpered all along one side of my car recently and im still fuming. keep your chin up
heather

ELFMAN
12th May 2004, 05:46 PM
Totally sickened by this KJ. There's no real reason for these eejits' behaviour, apart from the fact they're such sad pieces of s*%t that they've got to destroy anything worthwhile,'cos they're incapable of anything worthwhile and just don't “get it”. If they get the sods, we could do a “Top Gear” mile acceleration run - with the b@st@rds dragging behind.......

I was gutted when someone reversed into my door, but at least it wasn't mindless vandalism. Your MINI's a fine machine - I hope you hang on to it, we'd miss it on the runs. Don't let them win!!!!
All the best. Euan.