PDA

View Full Version : Run II

Pages : [1] 2

The Dogfather
24th June 2009, 09:25 PM

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2009, 10:14 PM
Paul, one thing to bear in mind.... The Mini Clan have their Thistle Run usually on the last Sunday in May. This year it clashed with MINI 50 so we couldn't go. But it's usually a popular run for NMS'ers.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th June 2009, 10:17 PM
Andy, its more likely to be the weekend before that one.

Nae bother.:thumbs up:

Crombers
24th June 2009, 10:54 PM
Absolute 'belter' of a plan, continuing East & doing 'the loop' is a winner :thumbs up:

Stick us down please :thumbs up:

RyanK
24th June 2009, 11:15 PM
Sounds awesome! Me please Paul!

GCA3N
24th June 2009, 11:31 PM
This sounds amazing, the weekend of the 22/23/24 May work perfectly for me so count us in again.

Bumble
24th June 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm in!

Scottie
24th June 2009, 11:56 PM
I'm in .

Going plan it better this time and make sure I get dog friendly places to sleep rather than leave it at the last moment to go on the run.

Gismo
25th June 2009, 05:51 AM
This sounds amazing, the weekend of the 22/23/24 May work perfectly for me so count us in again.If that's the weekend then i can manage, i go back to Baku on the 25th (assuming my contract gets renewed)

Gismo
25th June 2009, 06:48 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be that weekend :D I just need to check its not going to clash with any local festivals/events etc.Even though it would be my last weekend before flying back to Baku you can include me in the run as a definite, but no camping :blush:

Mini Ecosse
25th June 2009, 06:49 AM
We should be ok for 22nd & 23rd :thumbs up:

Craig
25th June 2009, 09:44 AM
add me and jude. Not missing this next year. . :-)

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2009, 09:51 AM
We should be OK for this also.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 09:55 AM
Although camping will be an option, I will be putting together a list of affordable (and some very posh) alternatives.

Good idea, We never used the posher option this year as we thought it was a 4 am rise for day 2, had we know it was pushed back we would have gone B&B/hotel. Think a normal day 2 and day 3 rise would be better, not too late but even a 7.30-8.00 start would suit most.

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2009, 10:00 AM
........ you can include me in the run as a definite, but no camping :blush:

You camp every Wednesday and Friday night anyway.:moonie:

A.:D

Crombers
25th June 2009, 10:00 AM
add me and jude. Not missing this next year. . :-)

I'm gonna HOLD you to this one buddy ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2009, 10:08 AM

You and me both pal.:idea:;)

Craig
25th June 2009, 05:50 PM

You and me both pal.:idea:;)

I can PROMISE you both, this will be a defo, even If I have to put it all on the credit card (just dinnae tell Jude.. :thud::Whistle::thumbs up:)

Sheilz
25th June 2009, 07:52 PM
Me too Paul, think it was on the NM site that I said defo me too!

Duncan Stewart
25th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Great news :D Run sounds fantastic.

weefossy
25th June 2009, 09:49 PM
We're up for it.....but not camping :hand: another nice hotel please for Mom :beer:

stoney
25th June 2009, 09:56 PM
i may well be able to make it this time so stick us down

Goonerij
25th June 2009, 09:58 PM
It's in the Diary already :thumbs up:

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 10:05 PM
This run is in 11 months and names going up already, this is a tribute to just how amazing it really was. If you can go on this don't miss it.

Forbes
27th June 2009, 03:11 PM
Am in!

Stewart
8th August 2009, 02:29 PM
Again :thumbs up: and I'll be on my best behaviour, no stopping for pictures:blush:.....

Gismo
31st August 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't expect to be in the country when this is on, kinda mixed emotions about it ;)

Scottie
31st August 2009, 03:23 PM
I don't expect to be in the country when this is on, kinda mixed emotions about it ;)
Oh dry your eyes :p

Delboy
1st September 2009, 03:50 PM
Please put me down for this one, plus Mrs Delboy (or Valerie, as she's normally known :smilewinkgrin:). Guess I should also register on the official sign-up thread on the NM site?

Delboy
1st September 2009, 04:08 PM
Please that way I can email you updates nearer the time of the run.

No probs - I've actually submitted my registration anyway but need to wait until I get on my home email account to confirm it.

Cheers :thumbs up:.

Delboy
1st September 2009, 04:54 PM
I've added you to the list, but its worth having a look round on NM.

FAROSSi
6th September 2009, 06:53 PM
Put me down for this one after the TWR which was awsume

Stewart
7th September 2009, 02:00 PM
Official Sign Up Thread now on NM - Sign Up HERE (http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3733)

I'd put add your name here mate. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
22nd September 2009, 04:03 PM
Just been told of a slight shift patern change for next year, and guess what now offshore now from the 19th May (my birthday) to the 2nd June, gutted. I am now in a cream puff, sometimes I hate offshore work. Also go offshore on my daughters Birthday, :argh::argh::argh::argh:

Craig
22nd September 2009, 04:31 PM
Just been told of a slight shift patern change for next year, and guess what now offshore now from the 19th May (my birthday) to the 2nd June, gutted. I am now in a cream puff, sometimes I hate offshore work. Also go offshore on my daughters Birthday, :argh::argh::argh::argh:

aye, but come pay day you can ease the pain... Sorry to hear that mate...

na na na na na na.....!!!! :laugh: Sorry couldnae resist... ;)

Stewart
22nd September 2009, 04:39 PM
That’s a shame, we’ll be an lazer blue down.

GCA3N
22nd September 2009, 05:02 PM
aye, but come pay day you can ease the pain... Sorry to hear that mate...

na na na na na na.....!!!! :laugh: Sorry couldnae resist... ;)

Your not nice. :p

GCA3N
22nd September 2009, 07:20 PM
Could change again though, eh?

What rig are you going to be on, we'll wave as we pass :D

Same one Brent delta.

GCA3N
22nd September 2009, 08:13 PM
So we should wave at John O'Groats then :D

Yeh about 200 miles north east...ish.

GP BILLY
28th September 2009, 11:06 AM
IMM 2010 is the same weekend:ragin::ragin: its in Germany
imm 2010 (http://imm2010.de/)

only good thing is the clan Thistle Run will be at the begining of
May or early June (still to be desided)

gusc524
19th October 2009, 08:26 PM
Count me in!!

Neil and Lorna
22nd November 2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Paul

Stick our names down for this.
Barring staff problems or a major blockbuster opening we should be ok.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Stewart
22nd November 2009, 04:36 PM
Is anyone Camping ? if there is a few getting the tents up then I’ll go with my Tent, Glad to get the use out of it. If not I’ll book a B&B as close to the town as I can.

Craig
26th November 2009, 02:39 PM
We will be staying at the Travelodge in Inverness on the Sunday (23rd May), currently there is a sale on and you can book a room from as little as £19/night.

BOOK IT NOW!!!!!

You can all thank Craig for his eagle eyes (and money saving)

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I can't take all the credit, I get a newletter from moneysavingexpert.com and it said they had a sale starting at 6am this morning and rooms from £9 ;)

Stewart
26th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Booked :thumbs up:

Reviews give it a very basic with no place to drink or eat but at £19 its a bed for the night.:thumbs up:

Scottie
26th November 2009, 08:25 PM
Booked the Travel Lodge:thumbs up: also Booked Ullapool accommodation:thumbs up: staying at the old surgery in ullapool

Stewart
26th November 2009, 10:32 PM
Ullapool accommodation so far has been:argh: Back up is the Campsite:D

Ardveck House (http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/ardvreck.html)- Two night stay only:frown:
Dromnan (http://dromnan.com/) - Full:frown:
Eilean Donan (http://www.ullapoolholidays.com/) - due to illness we are not taking any bookings at the moment.:frown:

Got in contact with another few but nothing booked yet.

Craig
26th November 2009, 11:45 PM
We will be staying at the Royal Hotel in Ullapool, mostly cos Jude will be with me then (she has to get the train home from Inverness on Sunday as she has to work on monday. :thud:;)) so giving her a bit of luxury compared to the travelodge. :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
27th November 2009, 01:00 AM
We've booked the Fairways Travelodge for the Sunday night.

A.:thumbs up:

Stewart
27th November 2009, 01:23 AM
Droman is the one me and Alex stayed in when we did the reccie.

I'll cross those of the main list :(

You booked? I liked the look of this one myself, easy walk into town etc.

Royal Hotel aye looked and seen the price :thud:but your due a treat or two :thumbs up:

Scottie
27th November 2009, 08:45 AM
I tried phoning the Royal last night to see if they took dogs but couldn't get an answer on the telephone:argh: so booked the B&B got to better than camping.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
27th November 2009, 10:00 AM
We're booked into the Royal Hotel on the 22nd.:thumbs up:

Craig
27th November 2009, 10:59 AM
We're booked into the Royal Hotel on the 22nd.:thumbs up:

Same Here... :thumbs up:

The women said " your the second person to book today, is there something on?" I mentioned what we were doing and she seemed quite tickled by it. ;)

Stewart
27th November 2009, 02:46 PM
If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em.

One more for the Royal. :D one of the Single rooms, might be three left................

Booked:thumbs up:

Its not much dearer than the B&Bs for me, but I think the wee B&B might make an effort to give you breckie as the hotel does not start serving till 7:30am.

Stewart
27th November 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm going to put the start time back till 8.00am so that in theory people should be able to grab a breakfast before hitting the road.

:D Aye that Royal Breakfast looked too good to miss.........

"Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking Loch Broom, where a sumptuous breakfast buffet serving porridge, cereals, fruit and juices is available followed by a freshly cooked breakfast from the kitchen, or for the more adventurous, a kipper or two from the Ullapool Smokehouse".

Forbes
6th December 2009, 11:22 PM
I am out am afraid. Got other plans and if I get a placement will have too many holidays

big pete
5th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Couldnt do all weekend Im afraid but would it be all right to tag on for a bit from the Fort to Dornie? all being well!!

Stewart
5th January 2010, 10:34 PM
A few of the lads had lunch at Dornie then drove home and some southern Lad met us there, Newcastle supporter I'm sure he was, said he wanted to cook outdoors :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
5th January 2010, 10:49 PM
ok help needed what dates ??? and where are we staying so i can get it booked and bugeted for as missed this one last year cos of my wedding

i have been looking on here and NM but can not find the details

Stewart
5th January 2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah it was Alex, yeah he love's his Sunderland poor bloke at least this time the Toon will be back in the prem when the Run is on. :thumbs up:

Rob I was finding it hard going trying to find a place for the 22nd , the tent was the back up but got a single room in the Royal. B&B seemed all booked or wanting a min two nights stay.

The travel lodge is a few pages back for the second night the 23rd, it was £19 a room.

I'm sure Crombers is a Ger's Fan he said he follows the no1 team in Scotland.:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
5th January 2010, 11:10 PM
yeah, what Stewart says Rob... ^^^^^

we are in the Royal Hotel on the Sat Night in Ullapool and in the Travelodge outside Inverness (called Fairways) on the Sunday. :yes nod:

Dinnae hit me now... :lol:

weefossy
5th January 2010, 11:46 PM
Hi all, sorry we have been "scarce" but lot's happening. On the up side I have now retired, on the down side my brother is critically ill and fighting for life on a life support machine. It's a crazy world.

Trying to be positive, where are all the details for this run, dates, timings and where / when accomodation is needed. I can't find them.....Doh!! Looks like we need room at Royal for Sat 22nd May and TL in Inverness on the Sunday 23rd? Is that all? We stayed in the Royal last time and it was lovely. Great breakfast and a lovely barmaid called "Bumble"!!

Stewart
5th January 2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry to read about your Brother there, what can you say, thoughts go out to you and the Family.

As you can see there is a few of us booked into the Royal on the 22nd and TL on the 23rd. Glad you liked the Hotel I did not know you were there when we were slumming it up on the campsite.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=278&clickref=IV2-6AA-InvernessFairways (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=278&clickref=IV2-6AA-InvernessFairways)

They seem to be doing the £19 a room still if you book 21 days ahead.
Its basic and cheep.

weefossy
6th January 2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys, will get booked tomorrow. Better do same for Oxford.

Fartin Martin
6th January 2010, 02:29 AM
I would love to come do a few runs this year now ive got the S, but see tbh..don't fully know what really happens!!:lol:..and am bein a Big Fearty cos like yous all know each other kinda(I know I know..thats the point to get to know people..but am weird that way lol)

so can anyone shed any light, and hopefully I get the balls to sign up!:p

cheers

Martin

Sheilz
6th January 2010, 03:24 AM
Is there a link to the accommodation thread and is it ok to assume that the dates are now cast in stone for requesting time off work? LOL the run is functioning very nicely as a tiny glimmer of light at the end of a very long, cold, icy tunnel. Roll on spring!

stoney
6th January 2010, 08:27 AM
ok thanx guys will look in to that later

stoney
6th January 2010, 08:29 AM
well there will be plenty of runs on before this if you want to come along and see what we are all about
but as far as peeps say this is one of the best drives you can do thats why im doing it this year going to cost mind you

Crombers
6th January 2010, 08:37 AM
Southern Lad? Do you mean Alex?

His family is from Skye (although I think he was born down here) and he supports Sunderland. Next you'll be saying Crombers is a Rangers fan :D

Hell would freeze over first mate :moonie:

Crombers
6th January 2010, 08:51 AM
I'm sure Crombers is a Ger's Fan he said he follows the no1 team in Scotland.:smilewinkgrin:

I was certainly 'primed at birth' (& what a birthday date eh, all the Orcs would love that date) to be a follower of 'Lloyd's 11 at Mordor', but thankfully 'saw the light' at a young age (Phew!!!!!!)

stoney
6th January 2010, 09:48 AM
ok so the date are sat 22nd may at ullapool then 23rd may at inverness so i will need to get the monday off work !!
take it this is now set in stone ???

Stewart
6th January 2010, 03:01 PM
Bed and Breakfasts (click link to view website)

Broombank (http://www.broombankullapool.com/) - STB***

Eilean Donan (http://www.ullapoolholidays.com/) - STB***

Oakworth (http://www.oakworthbandb.co.uk/) - STB***

Penny Browne (http://www.freewebs.com/pennybrowne/) - STB***

Riverside (http://www.riversideullapool.com/) - STB ***

Point Cottage (http://www.pointcottage.co.uk/) - STB****

Waterside (http://www.waterside.uk.net/) - Trip Advisor recommended

Hotels and Inns

Royal Hotel (http://www.royalhotel-ullapool.com/)

Ferryboat Inn (http://www.ferryboat-inn.com/)

Arch Inn (http://www.thearchinn.co.uk/)

From the NM web page. I tried a few and they were booked up or wanting two night min stay but might be worth a try.

Booked the Royal 22nd and the TL on the 23rd with the TL paid for, the Royal don’t take any deposits. It’s a just pay when you arrive deal.

Ullapool looked to be challenge to find anyplace and I guess a few might be camping.

I just wanted it booked and sorted, I loved the old camping with the crowd but it would be nice to roll in and have a room waiting and know that I’ve got a good chance of some sleep. :thumbs up:

But as Sheilz says its great having a wee trip to look forward to.:cool:

stoney
6th January 2010, 03:24 PM
Well think we will book the roayl and the tl at end of month as skintight till then :-) just need to make shure Christine can get the time off work

Stewart
6th January 2010, 03:35 PM
Rob if your booking the Royal I'd do it now, no payment needed till the day you arrive! the TL i think is safe to leave.

stoney
6th January 2010, 04:37 PM
as soon as i know christine has the time off her work i will book it if not we will find some where

stoney
6th January 2010, 06:42 PM
Dates are cast in Stone! Its my Birthday that weekend :D

dose that mean we have to get you a cake :thumbs up::confused:

Stewart
6th January 2010, 09:53 PM
Here robs wife does a mean cake:thumbs up:…..I’ve done the Ben a few times and once the ridge walk that I’ll never repeat:thud: but three in the one go and one in the night thats got to hurt.

weefossy
7th January 2010, 07:40 PM
That's the Royal booked again for Sat 22nd and the Fairways booked for the 23rd. :yes nod:
Think there is only one room left at the Royal
Roll on the summer, this snow is doing my head in.

Crombers
7th January 2010, 08:13 PM
Think there is only one room left at the Royal

Not quite ;)

One room left at £95, but yer man here managed to secured the 4 poster as show on the website for a very favourable price :yes nod:

weefossy
7th January 2010, 08:24 PM
Hope that 4 poster has a view over the loch and not the bins out the back :smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
7th January 2010, 11:10 PM
Ive just booked at the Royal. Offered room at the back overlooking the buckets or one sharing a balcony at the front. I can look at buckets anytime, in fact am frequently to be found raking in folks 'buckets' figuratively speaking whereas there's quite a dearth of spectacular mountains and lochs in Aberdeen. No contest!

Sheilz
7th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Have you got Heather yet? I seem to have missed her arrival or have you decided to stay with the van?

Crombers
8th January 2010, 09:02 AM
Hope that 4 poster has a view over the loch and not the bins out the back :smilewinkgrin:

I was assured it was the one on the web page, but heck I'm sure if there is one looking at bins then we'll be sure to get the keys for it :rolleyes:

stoney
8th January 2010, 12:08 PM
well thats us booked in to the royal on the 22nd front faceing room as well

weefossy
8th January 2010, 12:59 PM
Sounds like about 7 of us are sharing the last room !!

Stewart
8th January 2010, 01:17 PM
Hope my Single room is still there. It's bound to be facing the bins. ;)

Sheilz
8th January 2010, 01:27 PM

Fingers crossed then that they're all non-snorers

Heather? What about Heather?

Stewart
8th January 2010, 02:04 PM
"about 12 rooms in total left in the hotel on the 22 nd" as of today.

My PC blew up there so lost all my email so asked for confirm email that I had a single room confirmed, and yes its no facing the the front - those bins better look stunning. :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
8th January 2010, 02:22 PM

lol i know but i phoned and asked he said yes and give me the choice of front faceing or back

weefossy
9th January 2010, 09:51 PM
Apologies to the Royal Hotel for starting the bins saga.:D lol
We stayed at the hotel last year and it was lovely., think all the rooms have nice views and the satff, including bar maid called Bumble, were all great. Think a few pints if Guiness may be consumed:thumbs up:

:off topic:Sheilz, yes we have sold Van and now have white Works. No great pictures, as I'm back in the Manky Club for now....nice car though:yes nod:

Sheilz
10th January 2010, 02:21 AM
:off topic:Sheilz, yes we have sold Van and now have white Works. No great pictures, as I'm back in the Manky Club for now....nice car though:yes nod:

:off topic: Congratulations. Will look forward to seeing Heather's portrait when adequately gleaming for a photo shoot :thumbs up:

Stewart
10th January 2010, 11:43 AM
"White Works" http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-3.gif
Had to go find a drool Smle......
You just know its going to be stunning, seen a few Red and the Blue works on the runs. White and I take it Black wheels.

countdown
11th January 2010, 01:02 AM
booked in the royal as well :cool:

just need to sort out somewhere in Inverness.

Gismo
11th January 2010, 05:33 AM
"White Works" http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling-3.gif
Had to go find a drool Smle......So you don't have to look anymore, try this one :drool: :thumbs up:

Stewart
11th January 2010, 12:45 PM
Well at least at this rate there will be parking at the Royal as we seem to taking over the place.

Bedlam
Guaranteed

oh and cheers on the drool Smle......

countdown
12th January 2010, 01:36 AM
had a look at the fairways TL, its up to £29. still not bad I guess.

stoney
12th January 2010, 08:42 AM
had a look at the fairways TL, its up to £29. still not bad I guess.
thats the same price as i have ben geting not bad for 2 people tho

Death2Pixies
14th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Hi... if there is space left can I come too....and can someone let me know where hotels are being booked so I can find one...if they aren't all booked up :-D

Crombers
15th January 2010, 10:13 PM
Added a couple more names to the list, also Bob on NM rang up today to book, this is his post on NM

There you go guys looks like we have preferential treatment :D

Well we are 'special' apparently .............

Stewart
18th January 2010, 01:47 PM
Paul thats some list on the front page, I make it 52 Cars.....:smilewinkgrin:

stoney
18th January 2010, 06:55 PM
looking forward to this after all the hype from last year sounds like this should be a good one

baptie
18th January 2010, 10:51 PM
Love that route.

Looks magic, would love to give it a whirl but the Ullapool Accomodation sounds sketchy.

Forbes
18th January 2010, 10:53 PM
1. The Dogfather
2. Steveyt
3. Crombers
4. Countdown
5. Greig + Kim
6. Goonerij and Rita

8. AndyP and Lenore
9. Sav112
10. Sheilz
11. Craig
12. Stoney
12.5 Bazthemod
14 Scottie and Allan
15. Duncan Stewart
16. Bumble
17. Alex
18. Weefossys
19. Death2Pixes
20. Marcus
21. James76
22. Hyper S
23. Ali Cummings
24. Gusc (NMS)
25. JC Cooper S
26. AndyW
27. Bob and Matt

Just before I forget

baptie
18th January 2010, 11:40 PM
No fancy a youth hostel, prob nowt wrong with them........
Love camping but as most folk, after a long drive I would prefer to dump motor and have a beer and a bit of scran.

Still a virgin to MINI Runs, been on oodles of classic mini runs

Crombers
19th January 2010, 01:51 PM
looking forward to this after all the hype from last year sounds like this should be a good one

Believe the hype :thumbs up: , it's top of the pile stuff :yes nod:

GCA3N
19th January 2010, 02:00 PM
Just noticed that we are still on the list. I am offshore from 18th May till 3rd June so we won't be there. Needless to say gutted, this run last year was nothing short of epic. 950miles in 3 days.

GCA3N
19th January 2010, 07:08 PM
Sorted G!

I'm expecting there to be around 15 cars this year, mind you last year I was thinking there would be about 10 but we exceeded that :D

Cheers Paul. Hope you get a great turn out. Weather as well was amazing last year, so fingers crossed.

Stewart
19th January 2010, 07:47 PM
Looking at the list that’s a good twelve booked already :thumbs up:

Scottie........................................ Booked B&B

Craig ...........................................Booked (Royal)

Andy P.........................................Booked (Royal)

Stew............................................ Booked (Royal)

DogFather................................... Booked (Royal)

WeeFossy................................... Booked (Royal)

Crombers.................................... Booked (Royal)

Sheilz.......................................... Booked (Royal)

Stoney........................................ Booked (Royal)

Countdown................................. Booked (Royal)

Bob............................................ Booked (Royal)

Steveyt....................................... Booked B&B

Ally S
21st January 2010, 02:19 PM
I've not read all the pages yet to see what status things are at but I fancy this event.

Can you put my name down please?

countdown
22nd January 2010, 11:55 AM
thats the same price as i have ben geting not bad for 2 people tho

Not sure if you've booked yet, but its down to £22 just now, booked it last night

Neil and Lorna
22nd January 2010, 11:04 PM
Paul

I did post up for you to put our names down as maybies, but I see our names are not on the list anyway.:confused:

Just to let you know that we wont be able to make the run now as we are down at Silverstone that week.:D:D

Hopefully next year, some fantastic roads up there.:yes nod:

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Sheilz
23rd January 2010, 12:23 AM
...........and after that ................ what about round Britain tour maybe as a charity event?

Stewart
23rd January 2010, 01:44 AM
I know it would cost and take a bit of planning but I'd love a Euro trip, Top Gear style..............but like the idea of the Islands.

Crombers
23rd January 2010, 04:44 PM
I'll certainly consider it but after visiting the Midlands today, I'd avoid anything south of Leeds :D

That far south :rolleyes:

Crombers
23rd January 2010, 04:46 PM
I know it would cost and take a bit of planning but I'd love a Euro trip, Top Gear style..............

This has been discussed many times over the years but the organisation more than cost seems to be stumbling block.

However MINI Utd 2011 should not be ignored :yes nod:

Duncan Stewart
25th January 2010, 09:16 PM
Were booked into the Royal on Sat night
Not staying Sunday night as Helen has to work on Monday

Do I need to post somewhere on Northern Mini?

Cheers
Duncan & Helen

Craig
29th January 2010, 06:36 PM
Paul,

what time do you think we will be in Inverness for on the Sunday? Jude is getting the train down the road on the Sunday so she can make work on the Monday and the train she needs to get is the 16:15hrs train which goes straight to Stirling. Does that fit with your plan?

stoney
29th January 2010, 06:58 PM
well thats me booked in at inverness now as well

Stewart
29th January 2010, 07:57 PM
I make it 283 miles all in for day two to the lodge on (Tyre) . Also giving me 7hr 46 mins but that’s at Tom Tom speeds and I guess some of the roads are 50MPH max does not take Lunch into account etc.

Guesstimate.

Ullapool to Durness 69 Miles with a stop at said bridge.
Durness to Tongue 30 Miles
Tongue to Thurso 43 Miles
Thurso to John O' Groats 21 Miles
John O' Groats to Wick 17 Miles
Wick To Inverness Lodge 106 Miles.

John O' Groats Roughly around 12:30-1PM

John O' Groats to Inverness 123 miles 2:39hrs at Tom Tom normal road speeds.

If you left John O' Groats you’d be cutting it close if you left at 1:30pm.

I was going to say Paul will have an Idea but I see he just posted.

Craig
30th January 2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the update guys. This is the cost of having a school teacher wife and wanting to do the full 3 days.. Something has to give... I will prob cut off at Thurso and come down the A9 and have lunch on the road so should be down in Inverness in enough time.. :D

Crombers
11th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Late last year Karen was invited via her company to a dinner in Glasgow in one of the big hotels.
It was sponsored by Schwatzkopf & the charity night was for Breast Cancer.
Varous 'superb' raffle prizes were up for auction including 'shockerooney' one night in the Royal Hotel, Ullapool.
Karen's immediate boss bid for & won 'said' item & Karen told her afterwards that she had been in the hotel earlier that year for drinks & that friends of ours had stayed the night and were suitably impressed.

Sadly early this year Karen's bosses husband passed away suddenly.

This week 'the top boss/owner' announced that some of the raffle prizes that had been successfully bid for by the company were to be put up for grabs giving all employees a chance of winning in a free draw.

Very kindly/sadly passed on by Karen's boss was the night in Ullapool.

Everyone gathered in the office as the names were pulled out of the 'whatever' relating to each prize.

Now I would hardly be writing all this for you guys to 'munch over' to guess who's name was pulled out for The Royal

:yes nod:

We are now in possession of the following laminated signed letter :

"The bearer of this letter has successfully bid for a night at the Royal Hotel Ullapool in our four poster bedroom which is featured in our website. You will be entitled to dinner in our Italian Restaurant (including wine)"

Obviously happy that Karen/we have won the prize but also sad under the circumstances that it should not have been enjoyed by ourselves :sad:

stoney
11th February 2010, 02:26 PM
well thats good/sad news sorry to here that

but on the up side thats saved you a few penneys

Stewart
11th February 2010, 03:30 PM
So you can use this for the one night Booked? Sad I know about how you got it but thats a result in my book.

On the up side you will use it

LightningStevie
24th February 2010, 07:35 PM
I;d love to make this, but May is a busy month for us. Going to the lake district with the smart lot (well, I may not have one anymore, but I did arrange it) at the beginning of the month, and, for my 30th, my other half is taking me away somewhere. I don't know where or when either!

Stewart
25th February 2010, 03:33 PM
Parking is going to be tight. I think we might have to think again about that wee stop at the Golf course at Durness with the beach view, I'm sure you could get 27 cars in :thud:

T5LLC
25th February 2010, 07:19 PM
Yeey i cant wait for this.. my first mini run! haha

Stewart
25th February 2010, 08:48 PM
Yeey i cant wait for this.. my first mini run! haha

If you've not been up that part of Scotland, your in for a treat!

Watson
25th February 2010, 10:11 PM
Hey Hey...just before i start looking into costs/time off and get all exited is there still space for this piece of fun??? ;);)

Stewart
25th February 2010, 11:48 PM
Greatest roads in the UK when you take scenery into account.

The greatest road for driving is between Kirby Stephen and Middleton in Teesdale.

Here don't tempt me I could come off the A66 at Brough and head north on the B6276 to Teesdale Then follow the B6277 east to Barnard Castle then back on the A66 to scotch Corner. :thumbs up:

V500EMA
26th February 2010, 11:19 AM
That me, Leanne and Susan (our joint passenger lol) booked into the Royal hotel on 22nd and Travel Lodge on 23rd :thumbs up: Sooooo excited, cant wait :D :D :D

Stewart
26th February 2010, 04:03 PM
There going to have a really quiet Saturday afternoon the Royal, then there is going to be I think at the last count 14-15 Mini’s Pull up and demand rooms on Saturday night. :D

Well done getting booked. :thumbs up:

T5LLC
26th February 2010, 05:23 PM
Yeey Emma i cant wait hehe now just need to get our holiday sorted on sunday hehe! :)

Stewart
18th March 2010, 12:48 AM
Safe travels, there is a few sets of lights for works on the Road, I think they have kicked in with the Carriageway resurfacing with all that frost.

You'll catch the last of the snow.

http://www.trafficscotland.org/

Sheilz
22nd March 2010, 11:40 PM
Hope the good weather hangs around for you.

Stewart
23rd March 2010, 12:27 AM
Its saying a chance of snow on the hills for the end of the week.

Stewart
29th March 2010, 05:17 PM
The best bits being Glencoe, the drive between Ullapool and Kinlochbervie, the run over both the Lecht and Glenshee.

And the bits in between aren’t too shabby either. :thumbs up:

Scottie
29th March 2010, 08:45 PM
I just checked up on my accommodation on Friday just to confirm everything was still in order and my reservations were still valid you can never be too sure having booked so far in advance.:blush::thumbs up:

Stewart
29th March 2010, 10:36 PM
That would be a great Paul, I prefer like the travel lodge that you’ve paid for your room and got a Confirmation Number. I’ve got it printed out for the lodge and I’ll take it with me.

As everyone knows the Royal did not take any deposit or anything.

Tyre.
Day One 316 miles.
Day Two 284 miles.
Day Three 135 miles.

stoney
30th March 2010, 12:09 AM
Will have a look 2 morow on my phone the now so to much a pain in the ass

V500EMA
30th March 2010, 08:42 PM
I've got a NM account, username V500EMA :-)

RyanK
30th March 2010, 09:43 PM
I might tag along to this now. Is there still enough room Paul?

Regards

Forbes
30th March 2010, 09:57 PM
I might tag along to this now. Is there still enough room Paul?

Regards

+1 we talked haha

RyanK
30th March 2010, 10:10 PM
+ Baz

Edit: Cool, cheers Paul. I'll have a look and let you know ;)

Forbes
30th March 2010, 10:14 PM
There's room, but you might want to check on accommodation at Ullapool. Perhaps getting a twin at the Royal?

Let me know and I'll add you to the lists....

There is tents or cars, or floors. We, or at least I, will be there. Looked at the route on NM and it is amazing. SO looking forward to it now. Top work organising it again Paul. Better save the pennies, no more mods for a while:frown:

Forbes
30th March 2010, 10:14 PM
+ Baz

Edit: Cool, cheers Paul. I'll have a look and let you know ;)

Bazil is already down as 12.5 on the list

Forbes
30th March 2010, 10:28 PM
Cheers Ben, I'll add you all to the list. Let me know where you're staying, are you all planning to do the 3 days?

We will see what happens, might meet at that Castle if it is easier this time. Though will do days 2 and 3 for sure

Bazthemod
31st March 2010, 12:37 AM
I need to check couple of things with my tutors then i will let the carpark duo know what i'm doing accomodation wise.

Bazthemod
31st March 2010, 07:10 AM
Just to confirm some dates say the 22nd on NM so is the first day the saturday?

Forbes
31st March 2010, 10:46 AM
Baz you gotta come. You don't have a excuse now

Forbes
31st March 2010, 12:44 PM
Got a room at the Royal aswell, prebooked anyway. So should all be sorted. Baz is hopefully sorting Inverness one tonight, as I am skint, it is the Travelodge Inverness Fairways yeah?

Craig
31st March 2010, 01:38 PM
Got a room at the Royal aswell, prebooked anyway. So should all be sorted. Baz is hopefully sorting Inverness one tonight, as I am skint, it is the Travelodge Inverness Fairways yeah?

Yup that's the one ;)

Forbes
31st March 2010, 02:31 PM
Sweet

Forbes
1st April 2010, 01:34 PM
Paul that's Baz,Ryan and I booked into the Royal Hotel and then the Inverness Fairways Hotel the next evening for me and Baz - Ryan needs to check work and holidays etc.

Stewart
1st April 2010, 04:55 PM
:thumbs up:More in the Royal...

Forbes
1st April 2010, 06:26 PM
Paul you putting a cap on numbers for this? Got another friend from Aberdeen who might come along - dependant on exams

Forbes
1st April 2010, 11:56 PM
Can you add Olleyjp please

Stewart
24th April 2010, 02:10 PM
:smilewinkgrin:so four washes away

Gismo
24th April 2010, 02:43 PM
:smilewinkgrin:so four washes awayYou or the car :Whistle:

Bazthemod
24th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Woohoo altho closer this gets the closer my Uni submission date is... scared now lol

Stewart
24th April 2010, 03:58 PM
You or the car :Whistle:
;)

Craig
4th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Just started to put together the schedules and run notes over on NM, much more to follow. I hope to have the final run notes completed by 14th May so people can print them out in plenty of time.

Good man Paul - HUGE amount of work for you !!

I for one (as an organiser of runs) know how much goes into it, and with one as epic as this, it only multiplies the effort.... :yes nod:

Bumble
12th May 2010, 06:37 PM
Paul

Really sorry but I'm going to have to pull out. No matter how I count the pennies out the builder working on my flat is taking them all. I'm gutted.

Lynn

Stewart
13th May 2010, 05:46 PM
Just a Heads up BBC 2 Scotland have a special on tonight at & 7 PM "Sutherland - The Empty lands"

Join Cameron as he walks between Lochinver and Tongue on the 77-mile long Sutherland Trail, as first seen on the BBC Scotland television programme. Hills climbed en route include Suilven, Foinaven and Ben Loyal and Cameron also descends into the caves of Inchnadamph as well as kayaking out to the bird reserve of handa Island

cooperchris
13th May 2010, 07:42 PM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7601/twr15.jpg

where was the picture taken? thats a stunning view. Awsome picture

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 07:52 PM
That's a lovely car 5th in from the left :Whistle:

Stewart
13th May 2010, 08:15 PM
:thumbs up:Quite fond of the first car on the left.

Kylesku Bridge
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/kylesku/kylesku/index.html

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 09:07 PM
You mean Ryan's?

What a twat I am sometimes, :blush:however that is a nice car too, ok here goes 5th in from the right or 13th from the left.

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 09:31 PM
Hey Paul you must be getting excited mate, I still cannot believe I am working.

Sheilz
13th May 2010, 11:08 PM
Paul I'm just spitting fur and feathers but need to pull out of this run. Have moved to a new office and though had forwarded my hol dates for some strange reason the May ones hadnt been included though they had been previously agreed to. Can't get them since other folk on holiday next week. Have been looking forward to this for months. Absolute bummer. I've just cancelled my booking at the Royal in Ullapool so there will be a room going for anyone interested. I also have a room booked and paid for in Inverness for Sat night. Thats same one as most of the others. If anyone wants it its available. Not sure if its feasible to come up to Inverness on Sat esp since I'll miss out on the bonniest bits of the run. Need to get my head round that one. Och now am away for a mega sulk.

GCA3N
13th May 2010, 11:33 PM
Paul I'm just spitting fur and feathers but need to pull out of this run. Have moved to a new office and though had forwarded my hol dates for some strange reason the May ones hadnt been included though they had been previously agreed to. Can't get them since other folk on holiday next week. Have been looking forward to this for months. Absolute bummer. I've just cancelled my booking at the Royal in Ullapool so there will be a room going for anyone interested. I also have a room booked and paid for in Inverness for Sat night. Thats same one as most of the others. If anyone wants it its available. Not sure if its feasible to come up to Inverness on Sat esp since I'll miss out on the bonniest bits of the run. Need to get my head round that one. Och now am away for a mega sulk.

Thats a shame sheilz....

Does anybody have instrumentation skills fancy 2 weeks offshore....

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2010, 12:16 AM
Thats a shame sheilz....

Does anybody have instrumentation skills fancy 2 weeks offshore....

My Dad:yes nod:.

Qualified with City & Guilds in instrumentation and electromechanical engineering.:thumbs up:

He's 75 but still helluva sprightly and still actively involved in the cinema - especially tinkering with the projectors - but I doubt he'd pass the fitness test. Sorry dude.

Stewart
14th May 2010, 01:28 AM
Sheilz sorry to read that, with you and bumble out thats me lost my pace cars. :sad::sad::sad:

GCA3N
14th May 2010, 08:54 AM
My Dad:yes nod:.

Qualified with City & Guilds in instrumentation and electromechanical engineering.:thumbs up:

He's 75 but still helluva sprightly and still actively involved in the cinema - especially tinkering with the projectors - but I doubt he'd pass the fitness test. Sorry dude.

Sounds perfect, he's not much older than half the guys offshore anyway. I am actually one of the younger ones :thud:

GCA3N
14th May 2010, 08:56 AM
One to be wary of peeps!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8680747.stm

Luckily as everyone will be representing NM and NMS there'll be no speeding anyway ;)

ELFMAN
14th May 2010, 09:35 AM
As I said ages ago, sorry to be missing this one folks.

Re. Speeding. Me and my pal Bill were away up North (Ullapool, Kylesku etc) 'road-testing' his new VW Polo TD (61 MPG overall driving normally) a couple of months ago - I think his wife just wanted peace for a weekend. ANYWAY.... we spotted quite a few Mobile Speed Traps in various locations where you'd never have seen them in years gone by. One particular one in a layby (Northbound) about 5 miles before Ullapool. Luckily we were in a wee Polo and not the S, otherwise I'd probably have nice shiny new points now.

So just BEWARE - the roads are so fantastic up there that you do tend to 'enjoy' them, but just keep it in the back of your mind that Big Brother could be round the next curve waiting to take your photo. Of course, there's just as likely to be a Tractor or a Deer - which will cause more immediate and painful damage! Stay safe and have a great run.

Stewart
14th May 2010, 10:03 AM
Highlands Speed Camera Location.Nearest Town/village: Kingshouse Hotel
Road Name: A82
Direction of Camera: Both directions
Speed Limit: 60mph
Speed Camera Details: Mobile speed camera van located between the Ski Centre and Rannoch Moor summit watch for the white Transit on the left in a "pull in" as you head southbound. It has orange lights on the roof. Its on the right as you head northbound. Just after passing the summit you crest a small rise on a long straight and you will see it about 500metres away

This white Transit gets about by the looks of it.

GCA3N
14th May 2010, 10:18 AM
Just remember the top gear tip what was it again, over 176mph the camera doesn't register, well atleast Baz will be ok.:thud: ;)

Bazthemod
14th May 2010, 12:50 PM
..... Zoooooooooooom......... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2010, 05:48 PM
Not good Paul:frown:. Hope you feel better soon, especially after all the work you've put in to organising this event.:frown:

A.

stoney
14th May 2010, 05:52 PM
hope its better for next week

Scottie
14th May 2010, 06:09 PM
Hope you will be OK gutted for you.

Stewart
14th May 2010, 06:22 PM
Aye sorry to read that, right get the Mrs on full on physio for the next seven days. Hope it gets better and what ever you do don’t wash or change your wheels your barred….
I’m sure for a beer your Hotel manager in Stirling will give it a quick wash.

Take care.

Sheilz
14th May 2010, 07:21 PM
That's pretty bad luck Paul. I hope it's okay for you by next week.

Stewart
14th May 2010, 08:45 PM
Its ok I’ll get your bags………..got to look after our own after all….

Joking aside my mate did something similar the other week and he was in real pain.

ELFMAN
17th May 2010, 09:01 AM
RE SAV112 - Rannoch Moor Speed Trap. That's reminded me, we clocked this one as well! Think it was in a slightly different position, but def thereabouts.

Have a good one Folks.

Forbes
17th May 2010, 11:55 AM
Think you have mine from last year Paul? Let me know.

Forbes
17th May 2010, 12:06 PM
I will be pulling off at Point D on day 3 as got to be at work at 3.30

Forbes
17th May 2010, 12:29 PM
No worries Ben, are you driving now?

Can you resend me your number, working for Orange I tend to change my phone a lot ;)

Yup got wheels that suit and might aswell now I got some coin for petrol

countdown
17th May 2010, 09:56 PM
Sold my MINI a couple of weeks back:sad:

But the girlfriend still fancies a weekend away, and the hotels are booked. So look out for me in my Mondeo ST ;)

Stewart
17th May 2010, 10:07 PM
Text the number I had Paul.

Countdown hope to see you in ullapool then. CL Final football at the pub sounds good...........:thumbs up:

RyanK
20th May 2010, 02:05 PM
Still deliberating whether or not im coming to this, Baz and Ben are reeling me in but im still in doubt with regards to the mielage. Yes im a nonce :D

Hotel etc is booked though so I'll update when I make final decision!

Craig
20th May 2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah what Snoop Doggy F said ;). Get out and drive it !!!! :thumbs up:

Scottie
20th May 2010, 02:39 PM
Still deliberating whether or not im coming to this, Baz and Ben are reeling me in but im still in doubt with regards to the mielage. Yes im a nonce :D

tell you what... you come to my house look after my pup for the weekend and I will go on the run instead...;):smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Burple
20th May 2010, 02:59 PM

Gie's the GP and I'll take it for you!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

..but naah, seriously gutted I can't make this one this year.
Hope you all have an awesome trip!

..and by the way.. you have to make sure you stop in the wee gift shop on the way out of Tongue and get your "I <heart> Tongue!" stickers and mugs!!!!
Oh the hilarity at work! ;):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Craig
20th May 2010, 05:27 PM
Judes currently cleaning your room and private toilet for tomorrow night !! :lol:

N16SHP
20th May 2010, 05:32 PM
Those pics make me wanna ditch Uni and just come next year, but far to close to my exams...roll on 2012 Highland Tour!!!

RyanK
20th May 2010, 05:33 PM
I'll be a fanny until tomorrow :D

The Dogfather
20th May 2010, 11:00 PM
Don't forget to print off the run notes and directions if you need them!

Forbes
20th May 2010, 11:30 PM
Will just catch up. Got hotel postcodes this time

Stewart
20th May 2010, 11:35 PM
Don’t forget to buy Bug spray for your windows and a cloth!

Have a safe trip all for those on the road on friday.

Forbes
20th May 2010, 11:46 PM
Olleyjp isn't coming, mentioned it a while ago as he has a exam on the Monday

Crombers
21st May 2010, 07:19 AM
Latest runners and riders for the Tour: -
All Stirling unless stated.

Crombers and Karen? (apologies if I've got this wrong)

Having already been away on TWO lads weekends this year, do you really think I'm that daft !!

Karen will be with me :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
21st May 2010, 07:28 AM
Judes currently cleaning your private toilet for tomorrow night !! :lol:

Really reads ......................................... Jude's having to take a Karcher & a hammer & chisel to Craig's loo :rolleyes:

Craig
21st May 2010, 08:04 AM
Really reads ......................................... Jude's having to take Karcher & a hammer & chisel to Craig's loo :rolleyes:

You know me too well. :lol:

Mini Ecosse
21st May 2010, 12:01 PM
Have a great weekend folks, and remember, plenty of pictures :thumbs up:

Forbes
21st May 2010, 12:14 PM
I will now be away before you wake on Monday. Got a interview for a internship over summer:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 01:37 PM
Paul, will you be using walkie-talkies on the run? If so, what channel?

A.

Stewart
21st May 2010, 01:54 PM
Fingers crossed the BBC weather there looked not to bad for the Sunday. I think Saturday is going to be nice at any rate for the run up.

stoney
21st May 2010, 05:49 PM
i will take mine with me any way as lives in the MINI

RyanK
21st May 2010, 06:28 PM
decided im gonna be there, see you all tomorrow :yes nod:

peace peace

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 07:08 PM
i will take mine with me any way as lives in the MINI

So does ours, but as our blue MINI is stuck in Vardy we have had to borrow on from the Cinema.;)

And yes, this means we will NOT be doing the run in our blue MINI or red MINI as the brakes in the red one are a bit dodgy and we only ordered new discs and pads from David today, so instead we will be bringing our 125M Sport Convertible.:smilewinkgrin:

Now all we need is some sunshine.:thumbs up:

Bumble
21st May 2010, 08:22 PM
Hope you all have a fantastic run ... I'm still gutted I'm not going to make it this year. :frown: The weather looks like it's going to be fab too.

Keep safe everyone!

RyanK
21st May 2010, 09:26 PM
You're still a fanny though, see you tommorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Himin :D

GCA3N
21st May 2010, 10:40 PM
decided im gonna be there, see you all tomorrow :yes nod:

peace peace

Good man Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
21st May 2010, 10:55 PM
Here I dont want 125M Sport Convertible messing up the pic's, Find a bush for it. :smilewinkgrin:

Thats mad that you have two mini's out of action.:frown:

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 11:15 PM
Here I dont want 125M Sport Convertible messing up the pic's, Find a bush for it. :smilewinkgrin:

Thats mad that you have two mini's out of action.:frown:

Yeah, fully respect that this is a MINI run and our car isn't "welcome" in the pics:thumbs up:. We'll take it away somewhere and take our own pics 'cos we'd still like a memento of the run.:blush:

And you're right, it is mad. But the noise in the red MINI only started about a week ago. We think it's just the discs being heavily worn and coroded. But we've just changed the discs on the blue MINI - all ready for the weekend - and we were expecting the blue MINI back on Thursday. Then it would be ready today at 4pm. Then on our way up the road to pick it up we got a call saying it hadn't been coded and wouldn't be ready until Saturday afternoon. Honestly, I don't even believe that and I reckon it's more likely to be Monday before it's ready.

So, 125i it is.

Forbes
21st May 2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, fully respect that this is a MINI run and our car isn't "welcome" in the pics:thumbs up:. We'll take it away somewhere and take our own pics 'cos we'd still like a memento of the run.:blush:

http://art.ngfiles.com/images/48/thestopofmotion_does-someone-need-a-hug.png

AndyP & Lenore
21st May 2010, 11:23 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Sheilz
22nd May 2010, 12:46 AM
I came on looking for early pics and now think I've messed up big time here. I thought the run started on Friday and cancelled because I couldn't get the day off but its really today (Sat) and I've gone and cancelled my hotel booking. What a complete and utter prat :argh::argh::argh:
Got Dougall back from garage champing at the bit to get out there and do something and I've cancelled my hotel and :argh::argh::argh: why in hell's name did I not check the dates :argh:
Munro's right, I need to change my reg to D4 FTY. Where the hell did I put that tent, the flying coo, come hither I need you :argh::argh: I think I binned it :argh: did I?

Scottie
22nd May 2010, 12:49 AM
Just sleep in the back of the Clubman if you can't bunk with someone

Sheilz
22nd May 2010, 01:22 AM

Ha ha I know I'm bloody well going! As they say old age disna come itself. Am away to rummage in the garage. We defo have a couple o tents somewhere. And as you say can doss down in the car. Madness!

Bazthemod
22nd May 2010, 01:29 AM

Ha ha I know I'm bloody well going! As they say old age disna come itself. Am away to rummage in the garage. We defo have a couple o tents somewhere. And as you say can doss down in the car. Madness!

Sleeping in the car rocks.... i really enjoyed it last year! haha not!

Gismo
22nd May 2010, 01:38 AM
Sheilz, try phoning the hotels again, others have had to drop out so maybe they are available

N16SHP
22nd May 2010, 01:44 AM
Sheilz, did you not pull an epic stunt like this at the Mothership Run two year ago? Getting up and 4am and deciding to go?

Scottie
22nd May 2010, 06:42 AM

Good on you I thought about going and leaving Allan behind to pup sit but decided I would be to lonely on the drive and fall asleep.:blush::yawn::yawn:

Sheilz
22nd May 2010, 09:42 AM
Taking Catriona with me. Waiting for her to come back from tennis match. Dougall all set for the road. Just got to have a quck shiftie of the routes so I know where to lie in wait for the rest of them and its away for a night of back ache and hopefully lots of fun. Sorry you couldnt make it. Munro thinks I'm insane. Probably am :thumbs up:

I sent Paul a text but think he's changed his number since last year. Och well! 20+ minnis are easy enough to spot!

Scottie
22nd May 2010, 10:11 AM
Taking Catriona with me. Waiting for her to come back from tennis match. Dougall all set for the road. Just got to have a quck shiftie of the routes so I know where to lie in wait for the rest of them and its away for a night of back ache and hopefully lots of fun. Sorry you couldnt make it. Munro thinks I'm insane. Probably am :thumbs up:

I sent Paul a text but think he's changed his number since last year. Och well! 20+ minnis are easy enough to spot!

He is wondering if your joining then on the route some where I suggest maybe at the castle like last time but I'm sure you will find then no problem.

Scottie
22nd May 2010, 10:13 AM
Well I saw them all off this morning from the Wallace Monument looked a splendid sight with the blue sky and bright sunshine they were all ready to go and some of us were gutted not to be with them followed as far as Doune then had to head home.

jdl_1967
22nd May 2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for letting me tag along guys, but I'm afraid I lost the pack by the time I left Doune. I hope you all have a safe weekend.

Craig
22nd May 2010, 03:12 PM
Great to see you all again this morning, gutted I can't be with you, but that's another story .... All have a blast, ;). it's bloomin roastin here in Denny at 24 degrees !!! :thud:

big pete
23rd May 2010, 11:38 AM
Saw a few through the Fort but wasnt in my car(gutted!) , Silver with Black stripes stopped in a side road at Lochy bridge , gave him the thumbs up to make sure he was ok by this time I was in my car.

Duncan Stewart
23rd May 2010, 08:22 PM
Thats us home safe and just wanted to say a huge thanks to Paul for arranging a great weekender run, sorry we could not make the monday leg.
It was a long haul on saturday morning and I've arrived home with a cracked windscreen :sad: but it was well worth it - the roads in the north west of Scotland are superb :yes nod:
I've never been on them before but will hopefully be back on them again on next years run.
It was a excellent fun with stunning roads and scenery, enjoyed with a friendly bunch of people. The Royal Hotel in Ullapool was very nice and so was the chippy :smilewinkgrin:
One of the best views from a Hotel bedroom I've ever had :thumbs up:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557616.jpg

Mini Ecosse
23rd May 2010, 08:26 PM
Thats us home safe and just wanted to say a huge thanks to Paul for arranging a great weekender run, sorry we could make the monday leg.
It was a long haul on saturday morning and I've arrived home with a cracked windscreen :sad: but it was well worth it - the roads in the north west of Scotland are superb :yes nod:
I've never been on them before but will hopefully be back on them again on next years run.
I was a excellent fun with stunning roads and scenery, enjoyed with a friendly bunch of people. The Royal Hotel in Ullapool was very nice and so was the chippy :smilewinkgrin:
The one of the best views from a Hotel bedroom I've ever had :thumbs up:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557616.jpg

These Lotus 7's were staying at Coylumbridge Friday night

Duncan Stewart
23rd May 2010, 08:28 PM
Some photos of the Minis

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557609.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557610.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557613.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557614.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557617.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557619.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557622.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/20888228/387557626.jpg

GCA3N
24th May 2010, 06:14 AM
great pics.

Mini Ecosse
24th May 2010, 06:32 AM
Super pics

Forbes
24th May 2010, 08:27 AM
Thats me home aswell. Cheers for a great run Paul, think it was better than last year. Also got a stone chip on the windscreen....

Alex from NM
24th May 2010, 09:58 AM
well not so much home as back at work after the 3.30am rise

An excellent day and half with great roads, great cars but most of all great people http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif

Bazthemod
24th May 2010, 11:01 AM
Well I got home late last night, went cross country and did some roads that we used to cover on Manky Thrash - it was awesome!

But not as awesome as this weekend, sequels are usually never a patch on the first however I have to say this year was more epic than last! :cool:

Sorry I couldn't do today but im totally knackered with last week of Uni I wussed out and couldn't face it lol. :hand:

Roads were amazing and we were really lucky with the weather again!

Good banter too I even found out that Mom and Dad have a mirror on their ceiling!!!! :blush:

Banter on the 2-way radios with Ryan and Ben was good also.

"Ben has a Blackberry!!?"

"Roads clear ahead, pull out Bazil"

"Ohh god Paul's going for it!!!??"

"Are those jags ever gonna pull over?"

Haha - The Jag driver was educated however!

Paul - well done as ever, you put 110% into this and it pays off! Thanks for organising! :thumbs up:

Will upload the pics later once I can motivate myself to unpack! ;)

ELFMAN
24th May 2010, 11:46 AM
Now even MORE gutted I couldn't do this run... Those roads, that scenery :thumbs up::cool: Must try to sort myself out for next year! :yes nod:

Forbes
24th May 2010, 01:48 PM
Will upload the pics later once I can motivate myself to unpack! ;)

Ditto my car might even get cleaned inside.

N16SHP
24th May 2010, 01:53 PM
I love the second last pic Duncan, and makes me want 2012 to come along even quicker lol! (and yes I know we even have to get through 2nd half of '10 and all of '11!)

Forbes
24th May 2010, 01:57 PM
I love the second last pic Duncan, and makes me want 2012 to come along even quicker lol! (and yes I know we even have to get through 2nd half of '10 and all of '11!)
WHy not next year?

N16SHP
24th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Still got exams :( Got one in an hour, nae good! Anyway, back on topic, did u guys miss the rain yesterday? Looked a bit gloomy when we left Inverness in the morning!

Forbes
24th May 2010, 02:01 PM
Still got exams :( Got one in an hour, nae good! Anyway, back on topic, did u guys miss the rain yesterday? Looked a bit gloomy when we left Inverness in the morning!

For the most part. Did get some as we left John O'Groats

T5LLC
24th May 2010, 04:04 PM
Thats me finally home. Got caught in traffic on the bridge! Was a fab run, cant wait for next years one hehe! Pics look good and as for peoples windscreen lets just say im calling for a replacement tomorrow lol! Worth it though roads were fab...

Off to unpack, no need to clean the car Mini will do it as she goes in tomorrow morning for warrenty stuff and along comes an automatic Mini ONE! Boo!

stoney
24th May 2010, 04:26 PM
thats us home safe and sound to took loads of pics so will need to go thro them and find the best one's :lol: nice to meet some of the guys from NM and the norm NMS lot

a BIG THANX to Paul for an epic run looking forward to the highlands and island's tour next year :thumbs up::yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2010, 04:39 PM
Well, what a weekend. The absolute best mini run we have ever been on - bar none!:D

We've never been further north than Cromarty before so we were looking forward to the highland scenery and twisty roads. It delivered in
spades!

Many thanks to everyone for allowing a non-mini to join the ranks. I hope our Beemer isn't a blight on anyones pics.

Managed to keep the lid open all day sat and sun:D, and even have a strip of good old Scottish sun prickly heat rash to prove it. :lol:

But the biggest thanks have to go to Paul (Dogfather) for a stunning route, with stunning roads, all driven at a sensible pace with plenty regroups at junctions to make sure no one got lost.:thumbs up:

Brekkie in The Royal in Ullapool was probably the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. Brekkie in Inverness however.....

Banter between us all, first class as ever... Highlight being:

Our Beemer and the fossies car parked next to each other. Mum and I rumaging about in our boots...
Mum: "I'm just looking for some"
Me (interrupting): "Condoms?":smilewinkgrin:
Mum: "Ha ha no. Got plenty of them. in fact we use a reuseable one now":smilewinkgrin:
Me: "Ewww. Washed out with plenty detol I hope"
Mum: "Na, bleach"

You had to be there really.

Highlands & Islands May 2011. Sign us up now please:D. Should have our mini back by then, just called Vardy's and they are still working on it, should be ready tomorrow morning (better late than never).

A & L.:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2010, 05:34 PM
Some piccies from this weekends run...

Apologies if a wee bit of the Beemer slips into view in some of the pics.:blush::laugh:

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_03.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_06.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_09.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_13.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_19.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_20.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_24.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_25.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_28.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_30.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_32.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_34.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_35.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_37.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_38.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_39.JPG

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/highlandtour/HIGHLAND_TOUR_2010_42.JPG

N16SHP
24th May 2010, 06:01 PM
Cracking pics Andy. The first one is excellent, shame about that foreign car in it :D