PDA

View Full Version : Great Service

Craig
23rd June 2009, 09:28 PM
Just like to say that I contacted Chris Knott for my renewal and managed to save 30% off my renewal quote. Great dealing with Dan and Martin on the phone.. :thumbs up: Sorry for all the questions and changes, but we got there in the end.;)

I can highly recommend them to anyone and the good thing is that they cover ordinary cars and also people who like to mod their motor. :yes nod::yes nod:

MrMischief
23rd June 2009, 09:36 PM
Great, our renewal's due soon so will be giving them a call....:cool:

Now to make the list of mods needing covered :Whistle:

Gismo
24th June 2009, 11:59 AM
And i'd just like to thank the folks who have taken out insurance with Chris Knott so far :thumbs up:

Stewart
28th June 2009, 10:26 AM
I thought my insurance was coming up but it’s the end of next month:blush:…..had to check when I bought the car…so I’ll give them a call and see. Although the car has no Mod’s it will be interesting to see what price they give over my E-Sure for full no claims bonus.

Anyone know if they do the usual NCB protection etc…I’d also like to nail down that the plate on the car is my personal one and not with the car in case of loss of the car.

MrMischief
1st July 2009, 10:39 PM
I don't like to go against the grain, but we didn't find the customer service to be great :frown:

The first chap I left most of the car's details with (George I think) didn't make a record of the quote (we had to phone back with further details to complete the quote) & the wife had to repeat everything, including all mods to a female member of their team.

Unfortunately, Chris Knott couldn't match our current insurers (Sky), even before legal cover was added with all mods declared & agreed value.

Oh well...at least it was a freephone number :rolleyes:

Stewart
2nd July 2009, 02:28 PM
I Suspect it might be best for heavily modified cars and younger drivers. It would take a really good quote to beat my renewal I guess with my age and full comp with full no claims discount and standard wee Cooper...

BigStuff
2nd July 2009, 05:12 PM
I Suspect it might be best for heavily modified cars and younger drivers. It would take a really good quote to beat my renewal I guess with my age and full comp with full no claims discount and standard wee Cooper...

Best try SAGA:moonie:

MrMischief
2nd July 2009, 07:42 PM

That's what Sky are for - I used them for the GT4 as it had forged internal, rollcage etc & I struggled to get insured anywhere with its' mods. The Mini's got quite a few mods on the list now, I like them all to be declared and listed.

Happily I don't qualify for Saga yet :D

Craig
2nd July 2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear you've had a problem steve. :frown:

funnily enough I just contacted them again today to say about my change of car expecting a massive hike in price (well going from a std coop to JCW S I thought it was going to be bad) I was surprised when they quoted me only £100 extra with everything covered. :thumbs up:

maybe you were just unlucky. . . .

MrMischief
3rd July 2009, 07:21 PM
maybe you were just unlucky. . . .

Or lucky with my original quote from Sky :D

Craig
3rd July 2009, 07:25 PM
Or lucky with my original quote from Sky :D

that too.. :clap: