PDA

View Full Version : Petrol v Diesel

Craig
23rd June 2009, 09:25 PM
has anybody else noticed that petrol and diesel are pretty much the same price. petrol seems to have climbed in price to around a pound a litre and diesel has not moved for a while.. :confused:

I remember when there was up to 18p a litre difference less than a year ago... :shut up:

The Dogfather
23rd June 2009, 09:33 PM
I have noticed but not complaining about the lower diesel, mainly as a result of buying our new car...

illegalhunter
23rd June 2009, 09:34 PM
Iam so glad my Type R has gone and ive got Diesel . £313 IN PETROL MAY £120 Diesel June

euan
23rd June 2009, 09:51 PM
Petrol has been sneeking up for a while now, but I have to admit I'd not noticed that they'd got so close.

Would almost be worth buying the Alpina D3 I've got my eyes on again!

camjay
23rd June 2009, 09:59 PM
I must admit, because of my commute, plus driving as part of my job, I'm saving a fortune with the Dooper!:thumbs up:

Scottie
23rd June 2009, 10:14 PM
speculators driveing up the price.:ragin::ragin:

the recent price hike is costing me an extra @ £5 a month:ragin::ragin:

GCA3N
23rd June 2009, 10:36 PM
I am sure it is to do with the process of making diesel and petrol, I think this means that any price difference in oil shows quicker in petrol prices. I predict that diesel will rise again to what it was in the not to distant future, sorry diesel users

eddie 44
23rd June 2009, 11:35 PM
diesel is for tractors :p:lol:

baptie
23rd June 2009, 11:39 PM
I noticed the difference between petrol & diesel when I got the Cooper S.

Went from a 1.4 Healthy HDi to a 1.6 Thirsty Cooper S!

Still, gotta love the Whooooooooooooshhhhhhh of the charger, makes it all worth it. Just love driving it

bsimage
24th June 2009, 12:17 AM
Last time when The Mighty Oil Barons Hiked up the prices we were all up in arms and screaming our heads off. Now, after Slashing prices back down, they have Slowly but surely increased the price of Petrol to match diesel.
When the majority turn to diesel they will just increase the price of that.
Its a No win situation for the ordinary motorist.

Scottie
24th June 2009, 07:57 AM
The differences in price of petrol and diesel are due to how much of it is available at the moment.
Limited supply of petrol has resulted in petrol going up and over supply of derv means prices have not increased as much for that product.

zimbo
24th June 2009, 09:14 AM
I can see everyone in the not too distant future driving a CooperD or something similar :yes nod: :D :lol:

Livi
24th June 2009, 10:11 AM
It seems though, they like to drop the price slow as hell over so many months then when it comes to the rise there sure are quick enough to put the price up! :eek:

illegalhunter
24th June 2009, 11:44 AM
The oil is sold on the Futures market , & its about 6 weeks betwen order and delivery. This why i goes up quick and down slow, & oil company profits were taking a battering @$40 a barrel