PDA

View Full Version : What's a nice place to stay

The Dogfather
23rd June 2009, 09:11 AM
.....near Inverness? Has to have a good selection of B&Bs/Hotels and possibly camping. Probably a question for Fi or Craig.

I know Dornoch is quite nice as is Strathpeffer, are there any better places?

Ferengo
23rd June 2009, 09:13 AM
.....near Inverness? Has to have a good selection of B&Bs/Hotels and possibly camping. Probably a question for Fi or Craig.

We stayed up near there for a week. Rented a cottage. Was ten miles north of Inverness. Not sure if it is what you're after but if so I;ll get the details for you. Was relly nice and they also had an outdoor hot tub.

GCA3N
23rd June 2009, 09:14 AM

Brian and Sue (Farossi) might be best to ask that, they are inverness way

Scottie
23rd June 2009, 10:15 AM
Depends on budget. Anywhere that takes
dogs gets my vote. I'm staying @ the Priory
Hotel in Beauly in a couple of weeks. Jason knows
it very well. I've no idea on b&b's but can give you
a good lists of hotels

Bazthemod
23rd June 2009, 11:45 AM
Oh is this a clue for next years run? :confused::p:D

Burple
23rd June 2009, 02:33 PM
Grantown On Spey is pretty nice too.. we all stayed up there in a big hotel on a Cullen Run a few years back... ;)

The Dogfather
23rd June 2009, 03:25 PM
It is a clue, but depends on timings and distance.

I've decided to turn it into an annual Highland Tour, varying some of the roads every year. I didn't enjoy the run back down the A9 so I'm also looking to add an extra stage on an optional third day that takes you over the Lecht and Glenshee which then rejoins the A9 and heads to the House of Bruar for afternoon tea.

Still playing round with ideas at the moment.

Sheilz
23rd June 2009, 07:44 PM
A bit out from Inverness there's Kyle of Lochalsh got heaps of B&B. Fortwilliam, Fort Augustus, Dingwall, Beauly, Muir of Ord, Garve, Contin, Black Isle etc etc. B&B big business up that way. For many one of the few ways they can earn money. Im not so well versed in the Black Isle Rosemarkie areas but Wester Ross - well that was home!

PS Put me down for your Highland Tour:thumbs up:

Craig
23rd June 2009, 08:18 PM
Paul,

I've used the Holiday Inn Express in Inverness for work and it was great. Has a restaurant next door, plus there is a bar in the hotel and it is just off the A9 before the Kessock bridge and also right next to the movies. :thumbs up:

The only campsite I have used up that way is Culloden Moor which is a caravan club site, it was brilliant, but doubt they would let a bunch of MINI's camp.. :rolleyes:

Strathpeffer is just a bunch of hotels and if I'm honest, the one I stayed in is about the only one I would stay in, plus there are no nice pubs in the town.. ;)

Aviemore would be nice, plus they have nice campsites and there is a good choice of better quality hotels.. :yes nod:

Scottie
23rd June 2009, 09:03 PM
the Snowgoose up at the retail park (holiday inn express) is a bit of a hit or miss for food more a miss imho.

Now Rocpool yum yum or the mustard seed If staying in town then I would say the Palace for a hotel.

Rosemarkie has a very nice campsite down by the water not sure if they take tents.

Carrbridge has a few nice B&B's

N12 JLK
23rd June 2009, 10:32 PM
The Lovat Arms in Beauly is very nice. :smilewinkgrin: I have been staying there every 2 weeks for the past 2 years.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2009, 10:36 PM
The Lovat Arms in Beauly is very nice. :smilewinkgrin: I have been staying there every 2 weeks for the past 2 years.

Does Lesley know.:moonie::laugh:

A.:D