PDA

View Full Version : LOWerage!

Johnleiper
22nd June 2009, 08:49 PM
Hi guys, im just about to buy another mini. Been away from the mini scene a little while after i destroyed my old beasty

I need to know what springs go the Lowest! i mean LOW

i had spax coilovers on my old cooper. not buying coilovers this time, keep them for the track:hand:

So Which springs are the LOWEST?

looking for 50-60mm drop:thumbs up:

GCA3N
22nd June 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi guys, im just about to buy another mini. Been away from the mini scene a little while after i destroyed my old beasty

I need to know what springs go the Lowest! i mean LOW

i had spax coilovers on my old cooper. not buying coilovers this time, keep them for the track:hand:

So Which springs are the LOWEST?

looking for 50-60mm drop:thumbs up:

:eek::thud:, think you will end up with some interesting opinions me thinks. For me I like a 30mm drop no more. It effects to much stuff any lower, but hay it's your motor.

t18tav
22nd June 2009, 09:32 PM
totally agree with Greig plus it will reck the handling of the car. but if i was going to get any it would be Bilstein or Apex but you really are best going for the kw coilovers to be fair that way if you decide 60 is too low you can jack it back up. :thumbs up:

Crombers
22nd June 2009, 11:20 PM
In a word, 'don't'

Anyone who has lowered has regretted it & if I was in the market for a MINI & it was 'lowered' I'd take my money elsewhere :frown:

For a car that handles superbly, I just dont see the point. With my 18's on my MINI looks as low as I would want & I've been told by fellow NMS'ers that it sits really nice & I'm on standard 'sports suspension plus'

GCA3N
22nd June 2009, 11:34 PM
In a word, 'don't'

Anyone who has lowered has regretted it & if I was in the market for a MINI & it was 'lowered' I'd take my money elsewhere :frown:

For a car that handles superbly, I just dont see the point. With my 18's on my MINI looks as low as I would want & I've been told by fellow NMS'ers that it sits really nice & I'm on standard 'sports suspension plus'

Agree 100% :yes nod::yes nod:

Johnleiper
23rd June 2009, 11:18 AM
Ok guys..

looks like I will just have to go back to coilovers then:p

As i said ive already had a mini on spax rsx

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/johnleiper/SP_A1912.jpg

looks like kw's this time.

thanks for the help

antihero3000
23rd June 2009, 12:06 PM
How low was your old mini in the picture?

Ivano
23rd June 2009, 01:43 PM
John, the lowest you could go and keeping with quality brands would be 35mm KW Springs. I am running these at the moment and they are low enough combined with my 18" wheels.

I've had the KWs for just over a month and they are settling in well but not fully settled. see my Garage thread for some pics just after they were fitted 'Ivano's Cooper'

I ran KW Coilovers in the past and the lowest i could go with the 18" was just under 50mm. but it sat way too low for me and scrapped on everything ie speed bumps plus the insane camber out back wore my tyres through in under 4 months... Made the mistake by not upgrading the control arms

Johnleiper
23rd June 2009, 05:26 PM
ok mate thanks! Just love the slammed look some of these american mini owners are going for.

I had kw springs before aswell, they are on "youngsteven"'s car now, they just didnt look low enough.

:sad:

Johnleiper
23rd June 2009, 05:27 PM
How low was your old mini in the picture?

That was on the bottom settings on the spax, mabey only 40mm?

wasnt that low and was set to soft

t18tav
23rd June 2009, 06:45 PM
nice wheels though:thumbs up::thumbs up: