PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2009.

Scottie
22nd June 2009, 08:21 PM
as I went round the fourways roundabout @ Dunblane today I saw the bright red double decker bus getting all stickered up. The Sun news paper and the first sign was "bring it hame Andy"

fingers crossed it's his year.

Watched the Benneteau v Djokovic match not a bad game to watch Benneteau and his injuries.

bring on the grunts.:ragin::ragin:

Gismo
22nd June 2009, 09:03 PM
Yep, good first day, the grunts should be thrown out, hideous and very unprofessional

shaunbhoy67
22nd June 2009, 10:14 PM
ye i watched a bit of it was watching more of the last round of the golf but i seen a bit of the sharapova match wow get the earplugs :shut up: crikey some strange grunts indeed lol :D

euan
22nd June 2009, 10:46 PM
ye i watched a bit of it was watching more of the last round of the golf but i seen a bit of the sharapova match wow get the earplugs :shut up: crikey some strange grunts indeed lol :D

I think she did a practice game with the guy who does the sports on the BBC at the weekend, and she made the same noises then! However, she does go to one of the little cafes in the village for breakfast on her rest days, so I'll be in there in the morning :D

GCA3N
22nd June 2009, 11:31 PM
I think she did a practice game with the guy who does the sports on the BBC at the weekend, and she made the same noises then! However, she does go to one of the little cafes in the village for breakfast on her rest days, so I'll be in there in the morning :D

I saw that too seemed stupid, she was just tapping it back over to him but still grunting...strange

Scottie
23rd June 2009, 10:02 PM
well he won but must play better for the next game.

Anyone else watching it in HD:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2009, 10:21 PM
Missed it.:ragin::ragin::ragin: Taking our IT "expert" :frown: back to Edinburgh airport.

Was getting text updates from Lenore's mum though. Certainly didn't sound like an easy walk.

A.:D

zimbo
24th June 2009, 09:26 AM
Missed it.:ragin::ragin::ragin: Taking our IT "expert" :frown: back to Edinburgh airport.

Was getting text updates from Lenore's mum though. Certainly didn't sound like an easy walk.

I hope you were not driving and reading your txts at the same time MrP :rolleyes: :hand:

euan
24th June 2009, 10:21 AM
It was blindingly hot yesterday in Wimbledon, so I don't fancy playing the way he had to yesterday, would have been very hard work!

He did seem to struggle to get it finished though, hopefully just feeling his way in but the next game looks a tricky one.

euan
24th June 2009, 04:18 PM
See Sharapova is out...

Ivano
24th June 2009, 10:50 PM
See Sharapova is out...

You can put your ear plugs away now Euan :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2009, 10:09 AM
Andy's third up on centre today.:thumbs up:

shaunbhoy67
25th June 2009, 12:46 PM
ye i see that and the guy he is playing has had the cheek to turn round and say that he was apparently cheating in their match at queens last year :rolleyes: i dunno some people will do anything to try get an advantage

GCA3N
25th June 2009, 07:21 PM
fantastic performance by Anday today, different player to the other day, easy.

AndyP & Lenore
25th June 2009, 10:23 PM
fantastic performance by Anday today, different player to the other day, easy.

Didn't see his last match, but today was good. First set was like a tennis lesson for Gulbis.

Viktor Troicki up next.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
28th June 2009, 08:02 AM
Forgot to post about this yesterday...

Stunning match yesterday from Andy. On absolute first class form. If he keeps playing like that......:thumbs up: (Don't want to say it in case it jinxes it for him):blush:.

Troicki just couldn't seem to catch a break of any kind. Every time there was a chance of getting some luck it would run off the court. Andy hardly broke sweat, and his service game was 1st class. I think at one point he had 7 aces in a row.:clap:

Hewitt is doing really well too, for an old timer (in the grand scheme of things).

Wawrinka on Monday, could prove a bit more of a challenge.:sad:

euan
29th June 2009, 09:29 AM
What could be more of a challenge is the weather, it's baking hot here today. We slept with all the windows open last night and at 3am it was still 26!

Hewitt is looking playing some great tennis just now, he's got a good chance of a semi final run playing like that. As for Andy, I'm still hoping he can win today!

Scottie
29th June 2009, 06:45 PM
I think Andy will struggle tonight. I've a hunch this will be a difficult match. Hope I'm wrong.

Sounds good with the roof closed.

Craig
29th June 2009, 08:46 PM
Andy is doing alright now... :thumbs up:

Come on son - you can do it...!!!! :clap::clap:

Scottie
29th June 2009, 09:05 PM
I keep flicking the button on the remote as I can't watch :blush:got it recording on BBC HD if he wins I'll watch it then

t18tav
29th June 2009, 10:20 PM
what a game hope he wins, i am on the edge of the sofa just now like :eek:

Craig
29th June 2009, 10:24 PM
same here.... and shouting like a mad man at the TV...!!! :thumbs up:

t18tav
29th June 2009, 10:39 PM
thank god for that.:clap::clap: what a game :thumbs up:

Craig
29th June 2009, 10:40 PM
YES!!!!!!

what a game :clap::clap::clap:

well done Murray - last 8 :yes nod::yes nod:

The Dogfather
29th June 2009, 10:45 PM
hope that doesn't take it out of him for the next game

Ivano
29th June 2009, 11:09 PM
Can i come out from behind the sofa yet??? :D:D

That match was awesome.. Well done Andy!! :thumbs up:

I bet the BBC ratings were up tonight

euan
30th June 2009, 09:30 AM
He looked shattered at the end, he didn't look like he had fuelled properly, but some awesome tennis shots.

Loved it! Though I wonder if they'll ever do that again, the train companies are not happy!

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2009, 03:02 PM
He looked shattered at the end, he didn't look like he had fuelled properly, but some awesome tennis shots.

Loved it! Though I wonder if they'll ever do that again, the train companies are not happy!

WTF?? Because the tennis ran on? They need to get with the programme!:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2009, 08:28 PM
Andy is second up on centre tomorrow.:thumbs up:

Best get the li-lo blown up behind the sofa again. Will be more comfortable.:D

euan
1st July 2009, 10:12 AM
WTF?? Because the tennis ran on? They need to get with the programme!:D

They run a train every 3 minutes during the day till about 8pm, then it goes to reduced service. The tubes run past there late as well but again on a reduced service, but when you have 20,000 people trying to get onto trains they need to run a full service, so they we're not happy about it as they need to have the full staff still on.

I agree though, bunch of whingers!

I'm annoyed he's second on, means I'll be at work (I'm expecting Fed to win in under 2 hours again). Might need to find a quiet meeting room somewhere!

t18tav
1st July 2009, 04:20 PM
what a game from Murray so far his serve is awesome, But still on the edge of the sofa and shouting at the TV :lol:

Craig
1st July 2009, 04:50 PM
well it's all over... Awesome performance from Murray in this match. Gives hims a good rest for Friday :thumbs up:

Gismo
1st July 2009, 05:05 PM
Well done Andy, didn't see it but shouted at the laptop during the online updates :D

Big Gordy
1st July 2009, 05:18 PM
Well done my son:thumbs up: game kinda went into fast forward in that last set:eek::clap:

Scottie
1st July 2009, 05:42 PM
was a good game.:thumbs up:

Total respect to them all playing out in that heat.

GMTV @ Dunblane as well:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2009, 11:36 PM
Was a cracking game. The last set sort of flew by and I was working at the same time so only saw some of it.

Off on Friday though and the schedules have been cleared.

A.:thumbs up:

Ivano
2nd July 2009, 08:35 AM
Bring On Friday's Match.. Its going to be great :D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 08:38 AM
Bring On Friday's Match.. Its going to be great :D:D:D:D

It's going to be tough, that's for sure. I see a 5 set Wawrinka/Gasquet style match.

euan
2nd July 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm annoyed that it's Roddick, his serve was strong yesterday. Hewitt would have left him fresher to play Fed should he win, but still think Andy will win the match. Do we know when he's on the schedule?

Crombers
2nd July 2009, 03:56 PM
After a sticky first set he cruised it. After he lost his serve in the 2nd set he just blitzed the guy :clap:

Off on Friday :hand:

Working Sunday :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm annoyed that it's Roddick, his serve was strong yesterday. Hewitt would have left him fresher to play Fed should he win, but still think Andy will win the match. Do we know when he's on the schedule?

Second up after the Fed and Haas. They kick off at 1pm.

Off work, sofa and plasma booked.:thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 05:45 AM
If i want to watch i'm gonna have to go to the pub :Whistle:

euan
3rd July 2009, 09:52 AM
Second up after the Fed and Haas. They kick off at 1pm.

Off work, sofa and plasma booked.:thumbs up:

So another 2:30 start for Murray then :D

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 01:26 PM
Decided to subscribe on the Wimbledon site, $15 for the weekend, cheaper than going to the pub :D

japper
3rd July 2009, 01:59 PM

The Fed will have it finished by then for sure, but 3.10pm scheduled start for Murray.

Looks like i'm knocking off early:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 02:08 PM

The Fed will have it finished by then for sureDoubt Fed's match will be finished by then

euan
3rd July 2009, 02:57 PM
Doubt Fed's match will be finished by then

Doesn't look like it now!

t18tav
3rd July 2009, 03:48 PM
looking like it is going to be a close one so far. Murray is looking good though:thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 03:53 PM
What really annoys me nowadays is the constant request by the players to the ball boys/girls for their towel :argh:

Why don't the organisers provide a chair at either end of the court for them to be able to place their towel on it and get it when they need it

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 04:39 PM
Come on Andy :D great stuff

Scottie
3rd July 2009, 04:40 PM
What really annoys me nowadays is the constant request by the players to the ball boys/girls for their towel :argh:

Why don't the organisers provide a chair at either end of the court for them to be able to place their towel on it and get it when they need it

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS:p

They need to conserve energy

Hamish
3rd July 2009, 05:03 PM
well guys n girls, I am fearing the worst, got skysports live scores up at work... C'mon Murray, bring her home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig
3rd July 2009, 05:13 PM
this is a hard hard game for Murray... :argh:

Come on Murray - YOU CAN DO IT ! ! !

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 05:22 PM
Nice break of serve, come on Andy :D

Hamish
3rd July 2009, 05:51 PM
i cant take it much longer lol!!!

Hamish
3rd July 2009, 06:35 PM
i'm gutted!!!!!!!!!!

Gismo
3rd July 2009, 06:39 PM
i'm gutted!!!!!!!!!!Ditto, he almost snatched it back as well :clap: fair play to Roddick, he stuck to a agame plan to beat Murray and it worked

Hamish
3rd July 2009, 06:49 PM
I never saw it alan, will have a look at the highlights tonight... well that makes me happier if Roddick played well and wasnt a case Murray simply had a bad day... I honestly thought he would win today. Well done to him anyway... he has done damn well to get where he has and I hope the media etc remember that! :D

Delboy
3rd July 2009, 07:16 PM
Totally gutted too :sad:. Roddick played at his absolute best and Murray just couldn't get his first serve in regularly. The best man won on the day :moonie:.

The Dogfather
3rd July 2009, 07:39 PM
I don't think Andy's game suits grass, for me he's more the hard court player. Roddick is a grass expert and his huge serve was firing well today.

t18tav
3rd July 2009, 09:47 PM
so p**t off really wanted Andy Murray to at least get to the final :argh::argh::frown:

Scottie
3rd July 2009, 10:01 PM
oh well........ next year :thumbs up:

He met a Roddick who has just come on to his game for the tournament much more than when our Andy has played him in the past.

I believe Andy Murray will learn and move forward from this defeat

he will win Wimbledon.

Always got the ATP to look forward to in November :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2009, 12:20 AM
Aye, well, last year quarters, this year semi, next year??? Let's hope he progresses to the final.

Lenore and I reckon it's going to be easier for him to win Wimbledon if he can win another slam first. Probably US Open or Australian Open as like Dogfather says, his game suits hard court better.

He certainly didn't disgrace himself today, I'm just pissed that despite my screaming at the TV he didn't hear my suggestions that he try just a tad harder to get his first serve in. He lost a lot of free points on that today and to be honest, the match could well have gone the opposite way if he hadn't.:sad:

A.

Gismo
4th July 2009, 04:08 PM
Poor Venus never got a chance today, Serena wanted it more

Gismo
5th July 2009, 06:33 PM
What a truly amazing mens final, Federer justs didn't seem to be there, yet over 50 aces and won.
The final set, for me, kinda spoiled the event, it wasn't entertaining in the slightest.
16 - 14 is madness :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2009, 06:55 PM
What a truly amazing mens final, Federer justs didn't seem to be there, yet over 50 aces and won.
The final set, for me, kinda spoiled the event, it wasn't entertaining in the slightest.
16 - 14 is madness :sad:

Quite agree Alan. First four sets were gripping, plenty of rallies, not many break points won or lost but just really entertaining close match. The final set was not too bad until they hit 6-6, then it all went a bit dull. Strange as you wouldn't expect that in that kind of match. But it just seemed like they were both relying on aces rather than all round playing skill.

Do you not also think it was extremely arrogant of Federer to have the "15" stitched on his jacket before he even played the match?

Was really rooting for Roddick as he really deserved to win on playing skills, but he blinked first in the 30th game of the final set - I guess someone had to eventually.

A.

Gismo
5th July 2009, 07:16 PM
Do you not also think it was extremely arrogant of Federer to have the "15" stitched on his jacket before he even played the matchNot really, he wouldn't have worn it if he hadn't won, i'm sure.

It's a bit like Valentino Rossi celebrating his 100th GP win last weekend, he knew he had a chance and celebrated on the track, he had to arrange the thing before the race.

I also remember footballers wearing slogans on t-shirts under their tops for hitting targets to reveal.

It's what makes them champions

euan
6th July 2009, 07:46 AM
A historic final, spoiled by the dull fest in the tie break. The tension though - who would blink first, was unbelievable!

As for the 15, yes it's a bit arrogant, but you don't get to win 15 slams without being a bit arrogant, even if he doesn't show it in public. As Gismo says, it's what makes him different and a champion.