PDA

View Full Version : The Stig is.........

Mini Ecosse
21st June 2009, 09:06 PM
....... Michael Shumacher:thumbs up::thumbs up:

My money had been on Alan McNeish:argh:

Gismo
21st June 2009, 09:08 PM
And mine is on Ben Collins, excellent starter programme tonight :thumbs up:

Craig
21st June 2009, 09:43 PM
think this is a publicity stunt. Cannae believe a guy like Schumie would come over to cold and wet Engerland once a week to do speed tests in various cars for the show... :rolleyes:

Good interview by Clarkson tho and some interesting answers by Schumie. :thumbs up:

RyanK
21st June 2009, 10:23 PM
Im reckon it would of been because Ferrari would of only let schumacher drive the FXX round for a 'hot lap'...oublicy stunt is whats being speculated elsewhere

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2009, 10:25 PM
Not convinced at all.:frown:

Just can't see Schumie needing the work.

A.

Knox18
21st June 2009, 11:18 PM
it was just a publicity stunt, theres no way ferrari would let him drive all the other cars. ben would have just have been as quick as michael to be honest :cool:

Gismo
21st June 2009, 11:30 PM
Not convinced at all.:frown:

Just can't see Schumie needing the work.

A.:rolleyes: :lol: of course the stig is not Shumy :lol:

birdog
21st June 2009, 11:54 PM
I think its a few different guys, but schumacher does fit quite well.
He gets to drive nice cars without the press hassle, or the stresses of having to win races.

Also, topgear is filmed at an airport and it is a working airport, a plane took off while we were there, and schumacher owns and pilots his own plane.

Also, that ferrari blew up, we couldn`t see the track from the carpark but could hear it going round, then the engine noise stopped and a plum of black smoke appeared.

baptie
22nd June 2009, 07:27 AM
defo not Shumie, not a chance in hell.
He must have fell into his last 99,000,000 and needed a top up!

Delboy
22nd June 2009, 08:08 AM
Im reckon it would of been because Ferrari would of only let schumacher drive the FXX round for a 'hot lap'...oublicy stunt is whats being speculated elsewhere

I agree with Ryan - Ferrari probably wouldn't release their million pound FXX to the usual Stig to drive.

There is no way Schumacher is the Stig.

Enjoyed the show though - glad it's back!

ianking
22nd June 2009, 08:21 AM

Exactly what I said last night when I was watching. He is still on the books for Ferrari.

illegalhunter
22nd June 2009, 09:27 AM

Ill 2nd that

Burple
22nd June 2009, 12:03 PM

Exactly what i said too, there's no way Schumacher is the Stig, everything about him in the race suit and helmet was different! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

in other news.. that FXX... wow... WANT!!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

doogz__
22nd June 2009, 12:39 PM
Apparently that was Michael's personal FXX, only one made in black

Ferengo
22nd June 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm with Birdog that I think there is more than one Stig. Shummie may have done it for that one show though.