PDA

View Full Version : Is F1......

Big Gordy
19th June 2009, 01:23 PM
...... about to implode:eek:
8 teams have now said they may not race next year and start there own series which leaves only Williams, US F1 and Team India the only ones signed up for next year:thud:Deadline for entry to next years chamionship is later today, 19th June........watch this space:idea: Just maybe Max and Bernie have had there day:knife:

euan
19th June 2009, 01:55 PM
Well, I look at it in one of two ways.

1 - It's an attempt to force Max (and maybe Bernie, but certainly the spanky one) out of F1. He is the one who's enforced his views on them and won't bend (well, he will in London basements apparently) his views. There are all sorts of rumours about the teams lacking cash from Bernie (unpaid bills etc) so he may well be getting forced out as well.

2 - They do actually want to want breakaway, in which case it's going to be a riot seeing who still has sponsors, TV rights, drivers (who's contracts I'd assume have it stipulated they race in F1)

All in all, if they get rid of spanky it may settle down, but who would replace him? Likely candidate is Jean Todt...

Mini Ecosse
19th June 2009, 02:09 PM
I go along with the previous posts.

Another upside maybe more GP's in Europe instead of the Far East.

Gismo
19th June 2009, 02:12 PM
I'm expecting a breakaway

minimad
19th June 2009, 04:21 PM
im expecting a kit kat:hand::D:frown:no seriously i think more races in europe could be a good thing, im off to silverstone now see youz when i get back:thumbs up:.

stoney
19th June 2009, 04:47 PM
we will see i think it will split

baptie
19th June 2009, 05:25 PM
I would hate to see it split, they are trying to add rules for the point of rules.
I have followed F1 since I was about 12, now 32!!!

The way its going it will end up like A1GP, same cars, same engines, same tyres only difference is the sperm count of the driver!

I have been telling folk all season that F1 has turned a corner as they have breathed life back into it, being back on the BBC has inmproved it......now this!

Might be one of Max Mosleys birds thats making the decisions......or maybe Bernies daughter. Just hope the BRDC screw the nut in an attempt to drive the sport in the right direction

euan
21st June 2009, 09:47 AM
I would hate to see it split, they are trying to add rules for the point of rules.

That's the point entirely - The fight is about money and rules, but at it's core, it's about two massive ego's. Max is fighting to enforce his role, while Monty (I'm not going to try and spell it - the Ferrari CEO) is doing likewise.

If you look back on the last few years, all the biggest issues have been around Max and his pursuit of rules, people and teams. It's an elected position and he will not want to lose any face. He stated before he wasn't going to stand for re-election but I'll put money on him doing so. FOTA can't say they want him out, but can make it clear they won't stand for the interference that has been ongoing in F1.

I hope this does force through a more transparent F1, less about making money and more about the racing. Bernie and the rights holder have been creaming it off by charging fees that are so high it's putting the old circuits not funded by governments and rich arabs out of F1. Same with the FIA and it's shady deals with Ferrari. I think Monty realises it cannot go on like that, and that can only be a good thing.

euan
22nd June 2009, 10:42 AM
Interesting article on the times website, highlights the key issues:

LINK (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6543225.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2)

There is another interesting article on the BBC website, where it seems the teams were all set to sign up to 2012 and then when Mosely sent the papers back he'd changed it to 2014, without telling anyone he'd done so. It was seen as the final straw, and hence why you had Eddie Jordan saying he thought the deal had been done and this seemed a big about turn on Thursday. But then, he's a clown and driving me bonkers on the BBC coverage!

But if that is true, that Mosely did change the contract without telling anyone, I can completely understand why the teams want shot of him.